They Say True Love Would Never Leave...

Complications

I found a complication in my plan to forget Gerard when I got home. This complication was in the form of a message left on my answering machine from my best friend, Mikey Way. Of course, I should have realized immediately that my plan to forget about Gerard would be hard when I happened to be best friends with his brother.

“Hey Allie,” said the familiar voice of my best friend, coming out of the speaker of my answering machine. “It’s Mikey. I just wanted you to know me and the guys are going to be in the area in a few weeks. Hopefully we can get together and catch up. Well, talk to you later.”

The message ended and I stared at it for a few minutes. They were coming. That meant I’d probably end up seeing Gerard. Great. Just what I needed. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I had to convince myself it’d be all right. I sometimes got too worked up about things. I needed to just stay calm.

I could feel a headache coming so I went and took some Tylenol before going upstairs to lie down. I lay on my back on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I kept trying to keep my thoughts off of Gerard, but it didn’t last long. Was his wife going to be with him? I knew she was in a band also. I turned on my side. What would happen when Gerard saw me and I saw him? I knew how I felt. I wasn’t sure how he felt. I sighed for what felt like the millionth time that day. I stared out my window that was on the wall I was facing, and drifted into a light sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another short chapter. I have another one written. I'll put it up later ; ) Feedback?
~Sally