They Say True Love Would Never Leave...

"Just tell me."

When I woke up the next morning, Mikey was no longer in my bed. I sat up, stretched and yawned before getting out of bed. I dressed quickly and went downstairs. I heard the TV in the living room so I went to see who was up. Of course it was Gerard. I sat on the couch on the opposite end from Gerard. I saw Gerard glance at me quickly before returning his gaze to the TV. I just sat and stared at him. I didn’t care if he knew I was watching him. His eyes flicked towards me several times before I finally spoke.

“Can I ask you something?” I asked. Gerard looked at me, and this time he didn’t look away.

“What?” he said.

“What did you apologize to me for last night?” I asked. I was looking straight into his eyes. He looked away.

“For what I put you through when we were together,” he said, looking me in the eyes again. He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. “I guess I should have specified that.”

I stared at him for a moment before looking away. I nodded my head slightly and got up off the couch. I left the living room and went upstairs. I went to Mikey’s room and opened the door quietly. He was sound asleep on his bed, snoring slightly. I walked over to his bed and carefully got in. I lay next to him and just watched him as he slept. A few minutes later, Mikey’s eyes twitched and then opened slowly.

“I didn’t wake you, did I?” I asked.

“No,” he said. I smiled and Mikey yawned. Mikey looked me in the eyes for a moment. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” I said.

“Allie,” he said. “Just tell me.”

I sighed.

“Well, last night Gerard apologized to me,” I said. “But I didn’t know what he apologized for and that’s why I couldn’t sleep. Then this morning, I just asked him about it and he said he apologized for what he put me through when we were together.”

“Oh,” he said.

“I wish he had apologized sooner,” I said. “Then maybe I would have felt better. I don’t know. He hurt me so much, Mikey.”

I closed my eyes, trying not to cry. Mikey wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer to him.

“It’ll be ok,” he said. I nodded my head as best as I could. Mikey rubbed my back. “So, what’s for breakfast?”

I laughed and pulled away from Mikey and punched him lightly in the arm. I got out of bed, smiling at Mikey.

“I’m glad you care so much about me,” I said sarcastically.

“I do,” he said, looking at me sincerely.

“I know,” I said. “Now what would you like for breakfast?”
♠ ♠ ♠
2nd update for today ^_^ Enjoy!