Status: Active--updates will be slow.

Ghost Of You

Clumsy

Julie sighed as she walked out of her English class. She had been attending college for over two years now. Thankfully, she would officially graduate in six months and with the help of her parents open up her own shop called Julie's Jewels. The store will contain blinged accesories, clothes, hand made jewelry, bows, headbands, tutu's for little babies and girls, hand made flip flops, and other things. Julie has been making tons of items like these and selling them on ebay for extra money. When she isn't at school or working at a checker at a local grocery store she's hanging out with her best friend Eva. The two of them have been friends for over three years; since Julie moved from New York to Pennsylvania.

She loved the town of West Chester along with the university. The people here were nice; and she got along with just about everybody. Julie was also running away from her past. It all happened when she was sixteen; her Nana who she loved more than anything passed away due to cancer. One night, while she was sleeping she heard something stirring in her room so she woke up to the sound and nearly wet the bed when she saw her Nana standing over smiling at her. She told her not to scream; that she had a gift many people wish they had. Julie said this wasn't real it was a dream. Her nana simply smiled and said one day the gift will come back to her when she needs it the most.

Julie told her parents and needless to say they didn't believe her. They thought she was dreaming this, but Julie swore it was real. She could feel her, smell her scent, touch her even though she was cold, and hug her. Her parents made her go to a psychiatrist who also thought Julie was saying this as a way of coping with her grandmother's death. Ever since then that gift just sort of vanished. She believed it was her own way of coping; pretty soon after that she never saw her nana again.

The ringing of her phone caused her to jump. She reached into her purse to retrieve her phone. A large smile was plastered on her face when she saw her best friend Eva's photo flashing on the screen.

"Hey Eva."

"Hey babe! How was class?"

"Boring, as always."

Eva recently graduated from West Chester University. She now works in a floral shop in West Chester. Julie loved making clothes and jewelry, but Eva was the one with the green thumb. She could plant seeds and nuture them to make beautiful flowers.

"Do you work tonight?"

"Yep, I go in at three and get off at ten."

Eva groaned. "Damn, well whenever you have a night off we need to go to a movie or a bar-something. I need a girls night out!"

"We can go out for a few hours when I get off work."

"Are you sure? If you will be too tired-"

Julie chuckled. "I'll be fine. I haven't really been sleeping that much lately."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, just insomnia or something."

Eva said that she'd meet her at the grocery store when she got off so they could car pool over to the bar. She wanted to go to local celebrity Bam Margera's bar. No one really saw him out much; six months ago his best friend Ryan got into a horrible car crash which ended his and his passenger Zach's life. It was hard on the town and the people who knew him. Eva and Julie sent flowers to the funeral home to show their condolences.

Julie got into her black Pontiac G6. It was a present from her parents for attending college. She kept the car up to date and it still looked brand new. She left the parking lot of the University and drove about twenty minutes to her job. Acme was a good place to work at. The people were friendly and the items were cheap; way better than a Wal-mart. She loved the customers. Most of them she knew by name. She quickly grabbed her uniform and went into the bathroom to change before clocking in.

Since it was a Saturday night it was a little busy; nothing major. Julie spent her seven hours working her butt off and after she got all her chores done she was finally able to leave. Eva was waiting for her in the parking lot by her car. Julie had already changed back into the clothes she wore earlier. She didn't really care what she looked like; she wasn't trying to pick up guys or anything. Just having a good time with her friend.

"Do you want to car pool or follow me?"

"I'll just follow you." Julie responded.

"See you there."

The Note was packed when the two of them walked in. Eva found them a table and took a seat. It didn't take long for a waitress to come up and ask them what they wanted. The two friends decided on a bucket of Bud Light; if they didn't drink it all they'd just hand it to some drunk who would be kind enough to take it off their hands. Eva was all fancied up. She was always so beautiful. Her hair was always perfect along with her makeup. Julie on the other hand never thought she looked pretty. Her wavy red hair hung passed her shoulders, she was shy around guys, and clumsy.

"Hey beautiful, do you want to dance?" a guy came up to the table smiling at Eva.

He was totally hot. Julie knew Eva wanted to have some fun so she told her to go ahead. Eva jumped off the chair and followed the guy onto the dance floor. The waitress came over with a bucket of beer; Julie paid her for it then took a beer in her hand. She took a few sips then decided to walk around. She tried to dodge her way through the crowd, but she accidently tripped over her own feet sending herself flying right into the back of a guy-her beer pouring all over him. The people standing around the guy looked astonded. He cussed then looked down expecting to see some drunk but he saw Julie staring up at him instead. Her mouth dropped when she noticed it was Bam Margera.