Status: Active--updates will be slow.

Ghost Of You

Questions

The figure stayed where he was at just staring at Julie with interest until he turned back to the crash site. People still would leave mementos there; such as flowers or photos. Julie didn't know what to do or what to say. She just stood there. Her car was still in the middle of the road.

"Let me move my car out of the way so no one hits it." she told him as she got into her car. She pulled over on the side of the road. He was still standing there just watching her with amusement.

"You can see me?" he asked.

"Yeah Ryan, I can see you."

He squinted his eyes before rubbing his temple. "I'm dead aren't I?" he asked.

"Yes, you are."

"I figured." he sighed. "FUCK!" he yelled making Julie jump. "How is it that you can see me? I've followed all my friends; hell even my fiancee around and they can't see me. She's moved on."

Julie took a step forward making sure to keep her distance. "When I was sixteen my grandmother died. The night after her funeral she was at my bedside telling me about this so called gift; that I can see dead people. At first I thought I was dreaming, I put it all behind me."

Julie couldn't believe this was happening again. She had to be dreaming. She reached up to pinch her arm making it hurt. No, she wasn't dreaming. This was really happening. To her Ryan didn't look like a ghost. He looked like a regular person. He stood there just staring out in the woods where his car had crashed. Julie felt bad for him. She didn't understand the concept of ghosts; like why they didn't go to heaven or hell. Why were they still here on earth? Did they have unfinished business to do before they moved on?

"I'm sorry." she whispered. "Have you been here all this time?"

"I've been here and there. Sometimes I just think about my family or Angie or even my friends and I just appear where they are."

Julie saw the headlights of another car come down the road. She held her breath as the vehicle pulled to a stop behind hers. The woman got out of the car smiling friendly at Julie.

"Is everything okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine. I'm just visiting Ryan Dunn's crash site."

"It would be more visible in the daylight hours."

Julie smiled. "I know."

"Okay, well since you're okay I better be going."

The woman got back into her car. She took off back down the road leaving Julie alone once more. She turned back to see Ryan, but he wasn't there. She looked around for any sign of him, but there was none. With a frown she turned on her heel and got back into her car. She just sat there for the longest time thinking. Why her? Why did she have this gift? Why did Ryan chose to show himself to her? She had to find answers.

Julie headed back to her small apartment. She quickly found a phone book in one of her kitchen cabinets. After getting herself a quick snack and changing into her pajamas she curled onto her bed and began flipping through the phone book. She didn't have class tomorrow so she was going to find some answers. It didn't take her long to find a psychic in the area. She ran her business from home. First thing in the morning she was going to call this woman to see if she could set up an appointment. Julie needed to know what was going on with her; and why she could see Ryan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback? :)