Status: Active--updates will be slow.

Ghost Of You

Rose

The alarm clock on Julie's phone sounded earlier than she would've expected. She groaned as she reached onto the bedside table. With a click of the button the alarm shut off. It was eight in the morning on her day off and she was up at eight am? She cursed herself for wanting to be up so early and get things started. She yawned loudly; stretching out her stiff body before getting out of the bed. She decided to take a shower in hopes that it would somewhat wake her up. Julie tossed and turned all night thinking about what happened last night. She hoped to get some answers with the psychic named Rose.

Julie started up the shower until it was the right temperature before she stripped off her clothes. She let out a long sigh as the water cascaded down her back. Showers always seemed to relax her. She spent nearly twenty minutes cleaning herself before turning off the water and pulling open the curtain. She screamed loudly when she saw Ryan standing in the bathroom.

"Fuck, sorry. I'm still not used to this shit. I just thought about you and here I am." he said as he turned his back to her.

Julie quickly grabbed a towel-covering her body up.

"I'm not dreaming." she said more to herself.

"I'll uh wait in the living room. That is if I don't disappear again." he responded.

Julie watched as Ryan glided out of the bathroom. The air felt somewhat cooler with him around. With her hand clenched over her heart she let out a soft smile. For some reason she felt calm around him, but she still needed answers. It took her another twenty minutes to finish getting ready before she stepped into the living room; hoping to see Ryan, but he was gone yet again. This has happened twice and she already didn't like it; him leaving like that. She quickly called the psychic's number before leaving.

Rose said she was located downtown on Gay street. Which Julie knew how to get too. She grabbed her keys, locked up the apartment, then was on her way. Rose's house looked rather old and spooky, the flowers that were planted up front were dead because of the winter season. Julie parked her car on the street. She made her way onto the large porch and reached for the doorbell when the door swung open. She jumped back to see a woman in her mid fourties smiling back at her. She seemed somewhat normal. Her black hair was pulled back into a ponytail, she wore a pair of jeans, a nice dress shirt, and her makeup was fit to perfection.

"You must be Julie!" she outstretched her hand.

Julie shook it causing Rose to grimace. "I see you're having a ghost problem."

Julie nodded. "I am. Yes."

"Come in."

Julie walked into the woman's house. It was rather old inside, but she could smell the scent of hazlenut and vanilla. Rose led her into a small parlor that contained a table in the middle of the room, a few chairs, wall hangings, a fireplace, and the windows were covered with black sheets. Julie took a seat at the table.

"What are you doing?"

Julie jumped when she heard Ryan's voice. She glanced over to see him sitting in a chair just smiling at her.

"Shit. Will you quit doing that to me?" she asked him which made him chuckle.

"He won't." Rose said. "He's going to keep popping up until his business is solved."

"Why can I see him?"

Rose smiled. "Some people's sense are more intuned than others. You have a gift and Ryan choses to show himself to you. You can't get rid of him until his business is fulfilled."

"Like Casper, how they have unfinished business?"

Ryan chuckled which made Julie roll your eyes at him.

"His spirit likes you! Have you met him in his human life?"

Julie glanced over at Ryan knowing if he would remember her; probably not.

"A few times. I work at Acme and he came through my line."

Ryan smiled. "I do remember you! You were so nervous around me-it was cute!"

"Yeah, yeah." Julie mocked.

"Ask her what my unfinish business shit is." Ryan told Julie

"He wants to know-"

Rose held out her hand. "I know. It all depends; maybe you're here because of your death-like to re-tell the story of what happened. Or you're here to tell your loved ones you love them. Or-" Rose stopped and stared at Julie. "He's here for someone to take with him."

Julie sighed. There were so many things that could make Ryan's spirit still be here. She had to figure out which one it was; hell maybe it was all three. He did die in a tragic death-anyone's spirit would still live on on earth. Rose talked to them for another hour before she charged Julie. She paid her before standing up to leave.

"And Julie, Ryan is going to follow you more now since you're the only one who can see him." Rose stated. "You should feel flattered-a lot of people wish they could see a loved one."

Julie nodded before leaving the house with Ryan following after her. She stared over at him with her eyes narrowed.

"Okay, we have a lot of talking to do, but first I have to tell my best friend what is going on."

"Is she hot?"

Julie rolled her eyes which only made Ryan chuckle. "Even in death you still act like yourself."

Julie got into her car. She didn't know if Ryan's ghost would just appear where she was. To her shock he opened up the car door and stepped inside.

"Seat belt." she told him before even putting the car in drive.

"Seriously?"

"Yep!"

Julie waited until she heard the click then drove towards Eva's work. She didn't know how her friend would take to the news; hell she didn't even know if she would believe her, but she had too. Eva was the only person other than the psychic who would believe that she could see Ryan's ghost. To some people this would feel spooky, but Julie felt somewhat at ease around him.