Status: Active--updates will be slow.

Ghost Of You

News

Julie woke up to the sound of her cell phone ringing. She glanced over to retrieve it from her bedside table. She rubbed her eyes from sleepiness before answering.

"Hello?" she asked groggily.

"Jules, you might want to turn on the news." Eva's voice responded.

Julie flipped on the TV. An ancherwoman was clearly seen on the screen.

"It's been six months since Jackass star Ryan Dunn has passed in a tragic car wreck. There are still no leads as to what happened in this case, but we are still being told that alchohol was involved. Surprisingly, there is a young woman who's identity has been private that is actually saying she has seen and is talking to Ryan's ghost. Weird. She's going around talking to Ryan's close friends and family pretending that Ryan is telling her what to say to them."

Julie's face fell when she heard this. What person would do this? At least no one said her name on the news. That was the last thing she needed right now. She sighed into the phone.

"Atleast they didn't say my name." she told Eva.

"Babe, how far are you in this? I mean, I do believe you, but really talking to Ryan's ghost? It's all just insane."

Julie pinched the bridge of her nose. "Great, so what you're saying you don't believe me?"

"Jules, did you hear what I just said? I do believe you, but why you? Why would he show himself to you?"

"Because I'm a freak. When I was little I could see ghosts. Not only my grandmother's but I would talk to people that weren't actually there."

Eva went silent for a few moments before she spoke again.

"You mean, you've seen more than one ghost?"

"Yeah, they've asked for my help. Hell maybe I'm a fucking ghost whisperer."

Julie glanced up to see Ryan standing in the doorway. She jumped causing the phone to fall to the floor. She quickly grabbed it telling Eva that she would talk to her later. Ryan's face looked somewhat saddened as he stood there staring at Julie.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"I'm sorry for coming into your life. I made you look like a dumbass." he spoke softly. "I'm not going to be around you anymore."

Julie's heart sank. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm a ghost, there's nothing you can do to help me out. That's why I'm leaving for good. You won't ever see me again. This isn't right for you to have to deal with. This is my shit and I'm sorry for dragging you into it."

"Ryan, please don't go."

But before she had the chance to stop him he was gone. Julie felt alone for the first time in a long time. She sighed as she got up and made her way into the bathroom. Her blue eyes stared at her reflection in the mirror. There were so many things she wanted to do in her life. She wanted to open up her own business, become famous, and be happy. Ryan was right this wasn't her shit to deal with, but she did want to help him and she didn't want him leaving her. Sadness filled her emotions. Ryan had changed her life so much in only a matter of days. His presence made her happier, now he was gone and the happiness was gone from her. Julie didn't know how long he would be gone or if she would ever see his ghost again. She had to help him cross over and she had to help herself out to better her life. She would graduate college in another month which she was happy about. She loved doing jewelry, so maybe she could open up her own little jewelry shop!
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY I finally updated!!!! I'm such a pathetic author, but I've been writing like mad today and have five chapters already typed up-ready to update.

Is this the end of Julie seeing Ryan's ghost? And will an unexpected visitor in the next chapter start to change Julie's life???