Status: Active--updates will be slow.

Ghost Of You

Unexpected Visitor

Julie flung open the door to Eva's flower shop a week later. She had done a lot of researching in the ghost department as well as starting up her own business. She noticed that a man was standing at the register so she waited until he was finished, but there was something familiar about him. Eva glanced up to see Julie her mouth slightly opened. The man turned around and to Julie's luck it was none other than Bam. He smiled widely at her.

"Hey it's Julie right?" he asked.

"Yes, what do you want Bam?"

"Ever since you ran into me at my bar I just can't stop thinking about you."

Julie crossed her arms over her chest. She thought Bam was really hot, but nothing compared to her feelings for Ryan. She didn't know if it was healthy falling in love with a ghost or not. She really needed to talk to Rose again. Maybe if she got close to Bam then Ryan's spirit would somehow come back to her. She also promised Ryan that she would give Bam his letter in person. She still had it tucked away in her drawer. Julie smiled widely at Bam showing him her pearly white teeth.

"That's good to know! Would you like to maybe go out for some lunch?"

"Yes, I'd enjoy that. Were you needing to talk to your friend before we go?" he asked turning back to Eva who was smiling from ear to ear.

"No, I'll just talk to her later. Bye babe!"

"Bye! Have fun!"

Eva watched was her best friend walked out of the shop with Bam following behind her. She couldn't believe how lucky her best friend was. Hell, maybe if she got close to Bam she could somehow meet Ville and hook them both up. She just shook her head then returned back to her work.

Julie headed towards her car until Bam cleared his throat. She turned to stare at him. He stood next to his blue hummer holding the passenger door open for her. She blushed as she got into his large vehicle.

"Thanks." she said.

She knew Bam was a man whore and there was no way in hell that she would let him take advantage of her. Friends was all they could ever be. And once he knew that she could see Ryan's ghost he'd probably think she was crazy and not talk to her anymore so getting close to Bam wasn't in her best interest. Bam got into the driver's side. He quickly started the car turning the heat to warm. Since it was December the weather was rather chilly out. Julie was planning on going to Eva's parents house this Christmas. She usually always did since her parents and her weren't really that close anymore. Christmas just wasn't that special to her anymore.

"Tell me about yourself." Bam said as he turned down the street. "I know you've lived here three years, you go to college at the university majoring in business, let's see you want to open up your own shop making jewelry and such!" Bam's blue eyes twinkled in her direction.

"You remember what I told you?" she asked in shock.

"Well yeah, I don't forget a pretty face like yours. So, why did you move here?"

Julie explained to him that she moved here from Ohio to be closer to her best friend and that's where she got accepted into college at. He just nodded as he pulled into the parking lot of a local Italian restaurant.

"I hope Italian is alright with you."

"Yeah, I love Italian."

Bam told her to stay in the car as he made his way over to her door opening it for her. She just smiled at him.

"You don't act the same as you do in your shows or movies."

Bam chuckled. "Come on, I'm not that big of a douche. I mean, yeah I am a dick when I want to be, but my momma raised me right. To curse like a fucking sailor!"

Julie laughed loudly. She didn't know why Bam made her so fuzzy inside, but she really liked it. The two walked together into the warm Italian restaurant. They were seated at a booth and asked what they wanted to drink. Julie settled on peach tea while Bam had a beer. She knew since he owned a bar he probably drank like a fish.

"Why did you want to take me out to eat lunch?" she asked him after the waiter brought them back their drinks and took their order.

"Because there was just something about you. It's silly, so I'm not going to say it."

"No, please tell me." she begged; wanting to know what it was about her that attracted him to her.

"Okay, well I understand if you get up and leave after I tell you this," Bam took in a deep breath. "Here it goes, you remind me of my best friend Ryan Dunn."

Julie began to choke on some of her tea that she had just drank. Once her coughing cleared she stared at Bam in confusion.

"How do I remind you of him?" she asked.

Just hearing Ryan's name made her heart sink futher into the pit of her stomach. She really missed him; seeing him and wondering when he would just pop up out of nowhere.
"Ryan could always make me laugh. He just had that aura about him that made anyone around him happy. And just meeting you that five minutes and how clumsy you were reminded me of him. That's why I wanted to take you out to lunch to get to know you better. I haven't been this happy in over six months."

Julie nodded. "Awesome! I remind you of Ryan that's a little weird, but if it makes you happy we can be friends." she smiled which made Bam smile back.

"I'm glad you didn't take off after I told you that."

"Believe me I've seen and heard a lot of weird shit in my life." she replied.

The food showed up quickly giving them time to eat some more. When they were done and the ticket came Julie offered to pay her half of the bill, but Bam wouldn't let her. Once they were back out in the hummer Bam turned to Julie.

"Do you want to come with me to pick out a christmas tree?" he asked.

"You still haven't picked out a tree? Christmas is like a week away!" she laughed.

"I'm a proscrastinator."

Julie felt happy around Bam. It was like they completed each other in a way that no one could explain. Julie reminded Bam so much of Ryan and Julie just felt so comfortable around Bam. She didn't understand if fate had pushed them together or if Ryan was involved in this. She just nodded at Bam. He smiled widely as he headed towards a tree patch that was about twenty minutes away from town. Julie promised herself that friendship was all this was; nothing more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Will Julie become more with Bam? And what happens when she finds out he is still with his girlfriend Tammy? (And he's divorced to missy in this story) I know some of you were hoping the visitor would be someone else, but the story is strictly revolved around Ryan and Bam.