Status: Story is done! Subscribe to my new story! :D Thanks! <3

Innocence

Band Practice

Image
That next morning when I opened my eyes, I realized, I'm pregnant

“Maci?” My mom asks, opening the door,

“Yeah?” I ask sitting up. “Want me to make breakfast?” she asks.

“Yea just oatmeal,” I tell her smiling weakly. I fall back into the pillows and sigh. She walks out closing the door behind me. Truth be told I feel like shit, but I know I have to.

I finally get out of my bed, in my red and pink pajama's, I have an American Eagle tee-shirt on, I pull a cardigan on and walk down the stairs.

“So,” she begins.

“So, what?” I ask.

“I don’t know. How's school?” she says quietly. I look down a the brown goop, I slowly shove my spoon in and dig in.

“How's life?” she asks.

“Good” I lie hoarsely. I choke back tears.

“That's good!” she says crossing her arms, she only crosses her arms when she doesn't believe me!

“What?” I asks.

“Your dad called he said that you were up there!” She snaps at me. I feel sick, I stand and run as fast as I can to the bathroom, I puke up everything in my stomach.

“Are you ok?” she asks, standing in the bathroom.

“I’m fine” I lie standing, I walk out of the bathroom and run up the stairs.

“WAIT?” She calls.

“I need to go to school.” I say.

“Well Johnny wants you to call him!” she yells as I reach my car I toss my bag in and drive off.

“Yeah,” I say.

Later that day

After school, I walk into a silent house. My mom is usually getting ready for her nine- hour shift in the ER, which starts everyday at five in the afternoon. But this morning, something is different. I feel sick to my stomach, like I have cramps running up and down my sides. I have a gigantic headache.

I gather my robe and towel and head into the bathroom. I turn the water on and take off my clothes. I sit down on the toilet and sigh. The room’s suddenly spinning, I can’t concentrate on one thing. I stand up and get in the shower. I wash my hair and my body, hoping I’ll feel better. But when I step out of the shower, I feel no different.

I find a pair of jeans in my closet and a long –sleeve red shirt. I find my leather heel boots and a pair of socks. I change quickly in the bathroom and pull my make up bag out from under the sink. I apply a layer of foundation, then I spread the pink blush over my cheeks and fix my eyes with dark blue eye-shadow and black mascara. I find dark red shade of lipstick and slide it across my lips, rub them together and then smooch my lips together.

I put everything away and run downstairs and find a package of saltine crackers and open them. I place one my mouth, hoping the salty cracker will do something on my stomach. Nothing. I find a can of ginger ale, my favorite soda and crack it open. I take a sip. Nothing. I sigh with frustration and grab my book bag, crackers and the soda and dig around for a pen. I turn my Ihome on and dig through my bag then I start on my homework. Just as I start to truly work on my homework, my phone rings.

“Hello?” I answer.

“Hey sis,” Johnny responds. “How’s it going?” he asks.

“Pretty good,” I say. “You?”

“Okay, I wanted you to come see us preform!" he asks.

“Okay” I tell him.

“Pick you up at seven pm?” he asks me. I sigh, and say, "Yea see you then!" I hang up and return to my schoolwork.

At Seven Pm sharp, Matt and Johnny pull up in the yard, I get in and Matt drives us in his jeep to his place, where their band preforms, every weekend. I smile when I see my best friend Caroline. "Hey hun!" I say as I sit near her, we both talk aimlessly while the guys get ready, once they start actually preforming, I whisper in her ear, "I'm pregnant, with Matt's kid." Her eyes get wide and she smiles, "Congrats!" We both dance around laughing until they get done, once they are on break, I get the guys their beers, but Matt corners me for a mere second. "Can I see you tomorrow at Starbucks?" I nod my head and he smiles stealing a beer, he runs off with his friends and they chat aimlessly.

Luckily, none of the guys remember, the night Matt and I screwed around.