Destiny of Camelot; Destiny of a Druid

Filling In

The grand hall was bright as the sunlight came through the windows, however the brightness of the room did not lighten the thoughts going on in the heads of King Uther Pendragon and his Court Physician Gaius. Uther's eyes seemed dark with anger and planning, Gaius knew Uther was of course not pleased his son was being threatened, but it was as if he knew exactly what was coming back to haunt him.

"Gaius, bring me the girl" He finally said.

"Sire she can not walk"

"Then carry her in"

"I don't mean to oppose you Sire but wouldn't it be for the best if you came to-"

"I will have her here and I shall question her in front of the Knights, your chambers are far too small for any such doings"

Gaius sighed quietly as he bowed slightly before leaving and made his way back to his chambers. Would Ania get caught out? Does Uther already suspect she is a Druid? Gaius grew worried about Ania, he didn't know why but the girl had a certain charm ad politeness about her that just made her seem sweet and harmless. If she was a Druid then why isn't she healing herself? Perhaps she wouldn't knowing if she healed quickly Uther would know for sure. Gaius walked in and found Merlin looking around the room.

"What are you looking for?" Gaius asked with annoyance in his voice.

Merlin could hear it and frowned, why would he be annoyed?

"I'm looking for Oliver's-"

Ania made a horrible crying, chocking noise that stopped Merlin and Gaius in their tracks. Merlin twitched and he swung his neck round as if stretching it. Gaius noted this and knew it had something to do with magic; Borsinmor!

They ran for Merlin's bedroom and opened the door and they could see Ania struggling to breath on the bed, tears running down her face. Words in the old language were being whispered and her gasps and coughs became more high pitched, her air was running out and her face turning bright red.

"Morte Infalenty!" Merlin cast and pointed at Ania's neck.

A bright orange flash bounced off the magic at Ania's neck and then a surprised high pitched squeal filled the room. Merlin and Gaius covered their ears as Ania touched her neck, gulping down air. They both sat at her bed and watched her as the tears didn't stop and she started to breath normally again.

"What happened?"

"I could hear his words" She whispered, her voice box slightly damaged.

Gaius and Merlin both felt guilty for leaving her alone. Merlin took her hand and squeezed it and she smiled at him and closed her eyes, the tears glistening.

"He knows I'm here, he knows that I'm warning Uther, and he doesn't like it"

"Why wouldn't he kill Arthur like the way he tried to kill you?" Gaius asked.

"He wants Arthur's blood to run down his sword and wants to see Uther's face when it happens" Ania sighed.

Everything was silent and Merlin looked between them both, not knowing what was going on.

Emris

Merlin jumped a little but he knew the voice now in his head and turned with astonishment in his eyes. Ania did not open hers as she concentrated on talking to him.

Yes, I am Druid. I'm not a very powerful one either. I am here to warn Uther and Arthur about a Sorcerer names Borsinmor who wants to seek revenge on Uther and kill Arthur. I lived in the same village as Borsinmor so that's why I know his plans. I knew I had to warn the King

Merlin tightened his hold on her hand.

So how did you get that sword wound in your side?

Merlin heard a little giggled at the back of his mind and when he looked down he could see a small smile on her face.

I'm pretty good with a sword, but Borsinmor was better when he tried to stop me from leaving. I managed to wound him so he couldn't follow me

Heavy footsteps came into the room and Sir Leon poked his head into the room door. He looked at all three, wanting to have a look at the girl.

"The King requests your presence and the girls immediately. We have been sent to help carry her in"

Gaius shook his head. Merlin watched, what would happen to his Druid friend?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys and WhisperTragedy who I'm writing this for, I dunno if you guys read this but I just wanted to say sorry I'm taking so long! My boyfriend and I have broken up and it's left me kinda heart broken and not really up for writing. Then to top it off my dog was put down because he had cancer, so I'm sorry if I don't update quick enough and I'm sorry if it's not done in time for the contest, I'll try getting it done soon!

Thanks you!

sarah x