Destiny of Camelot; Destiny of a Druid

Let The Games Begin

King Uther paced the halls as the men of the court watched from the long table. They watched nervously, waiting for Uther to start shouting in anger.Gaius was present among the court as he knew of magic and he could possibly help find a solution. Although the question that plagued everyone's mind was; how can you prepare for a Sorcerer's attack...when you don't know when he will?

"I want a search patrol to search every house, every stall, horses stables, wells, anywhere a sorcerer could hide, I want you all to bring me any man who looks even the slightest like this Borsinmor"

Arthur, knights and some guards bowed and left setting off to start their duties. Gaius mulled this over in his head. Some Sorcerer#s could mask their appearance, and by the sounds of it, Borsinmor had planned this for a long time, a simple search would have been anticipated by him. Although sharing this with his king would perhaps not be the best idea.

Ania stood and stretched gently as he limbs ached for movement but she was still tender from her wound. With a small smile she murmured a quick spell to dull the pain as she took a dress that had been given to her by the Lady Morgana. It was old so she wouldn't miss it. Ania struggled to pull it on as she stretched the stitches. Once ready Ania left the small room and went to see Merlin and Gaius in the main room. No one was present. Ania felt that odd but they had jobs to do. Ania decided to have a look at some of Gaius's books. Just then the door opened and Ania twisted to see, which caused pain to shoot through her side. Arthur poked his head through the door and caught a glimpse of her falling to the floor. He dashed in to catch her but only caught her head before she hit the floor. She gasped in pain, tears falling as she tried to clutch her side.

"You are supposed to be in bed rest!" Arthur said as he picked her up form the ground, heading into Merlin's room.

"I am....sorry, my Lord. I grew...restless" She hissed in pain.

Arthur felt sorry for her as he placed her on the bed, a small spot of blood coming through her dress. He recognised it for some reason. He shook his head and looked down at the poor girl and panicked; what should he do?

"Do you know where Merlin or Gaius is?" Ania breathed loudly.

Inhaling and exhaling.

"Gaius is in court, I was looking for Merlin before I went on patrol" Arthur said.

Ania nodded.

"Will you be alright on your own? While I look for that idiot?" Arthur rolled his eyes.

"Yes Sire" Ania smiled at Arthur.

He smiled back and left quickly in search of his lazy servant. When the door closed Ania quickly murmured a spell of healing. Her powers weren't that strong but she had to try; the pain was too much. A few minutes later she was still getting nowhere and that's when Merlin arrived, red faced.

"Where were you?" Ania exhaled.

"I had chores for Gaius" He said and knelt by the bed.

Merlin didn't need to be asked, he knew to heal her fully this time. A sigh of relief as the pain left her side, she looked at Merlin with shining eyes and smiled.

Thank you, Emris

You're welcome, I don't think I'll get used to this mind talking stuff

Ania laughed and Merlin smiled at her loud but soft laughter.

"It is so nice to be around you Merlin, you are just expelling all this positive energy" Ania said.

"Well thank you, that's the only compliment I've had since I've gotten here really" Merlin smiled.

"That's not true, I bet you've had many. "

"Well, I wouldn't say many, two maybe, including yours" He smiled.

Ania smiled back then got up from the bed and stretched, testing out the healing. Smiling in approval she curtsied at Merlin and he smiled.

"Thank you" She said.

"No problem"

There was a silent moment between them. Merlin then looked up at Ania as she continued to stretch.

"What else can you tell me about Borsinmor?" Merlin asked.

Ania stopped stretching and turned with a saddened face.

"Nothing I'm afraid"

"Why did you come here? I mean, he has magic we can't protect you one hundred percent, I mean, he almost killed you yesterday!"

"I know, I came because I do not believe in evil, I do not wish to see evil down to innocent people. Borsinmor is pure evil, if the kingdom is ruled by him, no one would stand a chance"

Merlin nodded in understanding. They smiled at each other, a small electric spark going off between them.

"I'm glad you have such faith in me, Ania"

Both their heads snapped round to see a tall, dark, roguish man clad in blue standing in the door way.

"Glad to see you're doing better as well my dear" He added with a sinister smile.

"B-Borsinmor" Ania whimpered.

"Gorn Berden!" Merlin shouted and aimed at Borsinmor.

Borsinmor flew backwards into Gaius's table. The Court Physician would not be happy about this later. Merlin grabbed Ania and they ran from the room, Borsinmor grumbling as he tried to get up. They ran out the door and headed straight for the King's Court room. There were hardly any guards around the palace; they must have gone with Arthur on patrol. As they got closer to the King's Court room they heard shouting. Rushing to see what was wrong they noticed that there was banging on the doors to the court. Merlin pressed closer. He opened the door and the men on the other side stopped shouting.

"What happened?!" Uther bellowed.

"It was Borsinmor Sire, he chose to strike when most of the Guards were away" Merlin said

Uther looked less angry at Merlin but enraged that a Sorcerer had broken into his palace. Uther's eyes averted to me and his gaze softened slightly.

"What are you doing out of bed my dear girl?" He asked.

I put my free arm on my side and leaned over a bit.

"Borsinmor attacked Gaius's chambers, we had to run, he should still be there, I hit him with a book at the back of the head" I told them.

Uther shouted for guards. A few seconds later a few guards showed up and went straight to Gaius's chambers. I was lead inside the King's court and sat down. Gaius' wanted to look at my wound. I pushed him away.

"No please. I couldn't stand it right now" I said.

Gaius nodded and agreed as long as it wasn't bleeding. The guards came back; Borsinmor was gone.

I felt the fear grip my chest; Borsinmor was playing a game with us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I hope you like the chapter! Even though it's not for a competion anymore, I 'm sticking to the ten chapter limit to test myself! So I hope this chapter is enticing to what may happen next! Thanks for reading !

Sarah <3