Destiny of Camelot; Destiny of a Druid

Thought of Destiny

I was offered a small room to myself, I would have declined, but Merlin did that for me. Uther eyed him curiously but agreed, guards were to be stationed outside Gaius's chambers in case of another attack. I was escourted back to Gaius's chambers by Merlin and two guards, Gaius stayed behind to talk to the King. When we got back, I could stop pretending and I streched a little, it was great to move again.

"Well, we know he wants Arthur...but that's really it isn't it" Merlin sighed.

This wasn't good for him, it was his destiny to protect Arthur. I put my hand on his shoulder and looked into his eyes.

"You'll find a way, it is your destiny after all" I smiled.

He smiled back at me and sighed again. I moved to the table that had been turned over thanks to Borsinmor and started to clean. Merlin watched me then uttered words of the old religion and the table righted itself and was the way it was before. I rolled my eyes at him and laughed, the guards opened the door and came in, ready for a fight.

"We heard a bang, is everything alright?"

I waved at them.

"Sorry, I get carried away when cleaning" I said.

They tutted, muttering to themselves then closed the door over. Merlin and I looked at each other and smiled.

"Perhaps" I mused.

"Perhaps we can look for something in Gaius's books, there might be something there for detecting magic or magical beings? So we can sense where he is or at least when he's coming?" I offered as a suggestion.

"I've never heard of such magic, but it can't hurt to look!" Merlin grinned.

He got outall the books he thought would be necessary and we started to rummage through them. Time had passed and Gaus came back, he started to shout at Merling and sent him to do more chores.

"He will do anything to slack off" Gaius grumbled.

I laughed.

"He's trying to find a way to save the future King"

Gaius made a noise.

"Well, let's hope he can find a way soon" Gaius said.

I nodded and let Gaius get on with his work. I continued to look for an answer in these books, I couldn't let Merlin take all this on himself, I felt partly responsible, if I had only killed Borsinmor back in my village, if only I had been better with a sword.

Merlin returned, tired from his days work and I helped Gaius make the dinner. I set it out for them and we sat at the small table, I felt bad, like I was intruding, it felt as though Merlin had somehow read my mind.

"It's nice to have someone else for company" He smiled at me.

Gaius cleared his throat and raised an eyebrow at Merlin, Merlin struggled to find the right words. I grinned and giggled a little.

"Thanks for the compliment, but you didn't have to give it at Gaius's expense"

"No I didn't mean..." He groaned and hung his head, peeking back up with a cheeky smile.

I laughed and Gaius smiled too, they started to talk about things and I listened quietly, not wanting to ruin their time. Eventually talk turned to Borsinmor. Arthur was safe in his chambers for now. As I was listening to their talk and of events past, I suddenly thought of something. I was unsure if I would tell Merlin or even Gaius about it...perhaps, I wasn't meant to. The more I thought about it, the more sure I came, the more sure I was that this thought was going to turn into an action, an action of destiny.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, again this is only a filler, but the next chapter should be much better! I mean, what idea could she possibly have? Why wouldn't Merlin know about it?