Oh Baby Let Me In

GERARD

December 12th, 1999
Friday;afternoon

Oh thank God.

College is finally over.

Well, technically, it was over two days ago, but I stuck around a few more days to finish up a few drawings. Mr. Peters loved one that I had started--my 'spare time' project if you will, and asked to see it when it was finally done. It started off being a very detailed drawing of a dark and creepy cemetery, what I do best, but Mr. Peters wanted me to put most of my focus onto how the trees looked. Which basically meant to draw a lot more.

And right now I think if I had to draw one more of those, I would slam my head into the closest wall.

But I don't think I have ever been this excited to go home and see my mommy. Yeah, that might sound a bit childish, but come on. I haven't seen her in three months! I miss her cooking; her lasagna to be exact.

My mouth began to water as I thought about that wonderful dish that I've been craving a lot lately and let my key slip into the key hole, twisting the knob to the right to let myself into my dorm.

The smile that had just spread across my face was knocked off as I stepped inside the small room, and slammed my foot directly into the dresser.

"SHIT! Oww, fuck. Motherfucker, goddamn it," I cursed, slamming the door shut, hobbling over to the small twin bed against the far wall, slipping off my coat and throwing it and my bag on the chair that sat next to the window.

I hate dorm beds. I mean, I haven't fit into a twin sized bed since I was in sixth grade. If they just made these damn rooms bigger, maybe we could have bigger beds.

Just a thought.

I winced as I slipped off my black and white checkered vans from both feet, crossing my left leg over my right knee. The end of my pants were soaking wet, the snow outside the main cause.

I hate snow, the cold and Christmas music. Three of the main things presented in the month of December. My car hated it too. It was old enough as it is, and Mother Nature wasn't helping one bit.

I slipped off my sock and groaned as I saw the side of my foot glowing red. "Great."

I moved around my toes a bit, reaching over to my side table drawer to hit the play button on my small stereo. Billie Joe Armstrong's voice spilled out of the speakers as I stood up, limping over to the small closet next to the door, singing along as I did so.

I'm taking all you down with me
Explosives duct taped to my spine
Nothings gonna change my mind
I won't listen to anyone's last words
There's nothing left for you to say
Soon you'll be dead anyway


The door squeaked as I pushed them apart, the wheels on the bottom of each one needing to be oiled really bad. My foot was still bothering me, but my stupid grin came back onto my face as I pulled out my suitcase and duffle bag.

I get to go home.

I think what made be the most excited, other than my mommy's delicious food, is getting to see my brother again. Fuck, did I miss him.

I laughed. I'm twenty one years old, getting all giddy about seeing my baby brother and referring to my mother as 'mommy'.

I've been locked in this room for way too long.

Throwing the bags onto my bed, I ripped both of them open and began to, as neatly as possible, 'fold' all of my clothes hanging in the closet and shove them into the huge suitcase.

I have too many pairs of pants, and not enough shirts. Most of the suitcase was littered with my grey and black jeans, the only color pants I ever buy, and the rest of the bag was band shirts.

I need to go shopping.

The closet door made a whole bunch of noise as I closed them, absolutely positive that everything was out of there and put somewhere in my bag. I quickly glanced at the clock before pulling my socks and boxers out of the drawers in my desk. Yeah, my desk. There wasn't enough room for a dresser in here, if you can believe that.

Please note my sarcasm.

2:53p.m

It'll only take me about three hours to get from where I was in New York back home in Jersey.

I'll make it home for dinner!

I laughed. I sounded like a dork.

The floor needed to be vacuumed really badly, but I didn't have time. Or rather, I didn't give a shit at this point and time.

Most of my art supplies were already in my bag I carried around with me all the time; mainly to class. But my desk was covered in papers, some drawn on and some not. Pencils, markers and even paints were scattered all over the table top; some leaking out and staining the hard wood.

I shrugged and laughed. The thing was a light, beige, and really needed some color anyways.

I stacked up all the paper as best as I could and set the stack in the bottom of the duffle bag, throwing in the many pencils, brushes and little paint containers I could peel off the wood in also.

The room was searched through and through, anything valuable put into one of the bags, wherever it would fit.

Soon enough, the room was rid of anything of mine, I threw on my coat and headed out. I made sure to give my keys to my dorm advisor, bidding him farewell before almost skipping out to my car parked in the student parking lot like a little girl.

Mikey didn't know I was coming home. He thought I was at the end of last week, but my projects held me back. I made sure to tell mom not to tell Mikey that today I was the day I was actually coming home, just to make today that more exciting.

And what made it even better, my car started first try.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
wow. i didn't think i would get so much feedback after just the first chapter!
thank you guys so much. it makes me happy & makes me want to update for you.
& im labeling the days..just so you know that some stuff happens on the same day. --if that makes sence. haha. so this chapter happened on the same day as last chapter.