Status: On hold until Fall/Winter; latest chapter being rewritten

Falling is Easy

Prologue

The girl wandered past the people standing about the hospital lobby, gliding onto the elevator unnoticed. She studied her reflection in the shiny, reflective surface of the elevator doors taking in her dark brown eyes and long dark brown hair as well as her pink and white polka-dotted dress and sandals. The elevator doors behind her opened suddenly as two nurses wheeled in a gurney, almost hitting her. The girl moved back and peered at the person on the gurney.

Poor thing was banged up pretty badly, no doubt being taken to the intensive care unit. "I thought so," she said triumphantly, when the elevator stopped on the ICU floor. The nurses hurriedly pushed the gurney out of the elevator and in the process, straight through the dark haired girl.

The girl's name was Ailyn. She'd been at the hospital for over five years now and never left. No one notices her; no one hears her. People stopped seeing and hearing her the day she arrived at the hospital. Why?

Because Ailyn is dead.

This is her story.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, the prologue of Falling Is Easy. This is my first posted original fiction that will be a chaptered story. I hope you enjoyed the prologue and plan to stick around to see what's in store for Ailyn as her story is just beginning. If you find any spelling mistakes please let me know. Comments are also appreciated; I'm always happy to see what you guys think!