Status: finished!

Wonderwall

won't bring us down

“Kayden!” My Mum called up the stairs, shortly before I heard a quiet knock on the door.
I grabbed my purse and phone and opened the door.
There stood John, in a nice plaid shirt and his usual black skinny jeans and boots.
“You look beautiful,” he said as he hugged me.
I blushed involuntarily, “You look pretty handsome yourself.”
“Ready to go?”
I nodded and he grabbed my hand as we walked down the stairs, waving to my parents, and made our way to his white pickup truck.

We stopped at Tempe Pizza first, John claiming that he would not let me pay on our first date, or any of them for that matter. He ordered for the both of us, which I thought was extremely cute.

Once we were finished eating and talking about useless things, we were back into his truck and on the road.
“It’s only about five minutes away- where we are going now, sorry we’re out so late on a school night.”
“It’s really fine, I’m having fun and that’s all that matters right now,” I smiled.

After a couple of minutes John parked the truck, and taking in the surroundings I noticed that we were at the mall.
“We’re at the mall?”I asked for confirmation.
“Let’s just keep walking,” he was smiling, “I really hope you like this.”
Up ahead, there was a large crowd standing around the cinemas.
I looked up at John with wide eyes, “Don’t tell me, don’t fucking tell me.”
“”I thought you might like it, my crazy Harry Potter fan,” he laughed.
“I love it,” I wrapped my arms around him. He called me his- what does that even mean?

He clutched my hand and we made our way to the letter.
“Two for the midnight screening of Harry Potter please.”
We got everything- tickets and food- and walking into the cinema.

-

The movie was amazing. I smiled and cried the whole way through, realizing it was all over- the movie and the date.

We stood outside the theatre for five minutes with me just crying, while John held me close.
“I’m sorry, I’m so embarrassed,” I gushed.
He wiped my tears away, “its fine, and I’d probably do the same if it was the last Pirates of the Caribbean. I need my Johnny Depp, you know?” He grinned, which made me laugh.
He continued holding me, “Let’s get you home.”

John stopped his truck in my driveway and I turned to him, “Thanks for last night and this morning, it was amazing.”
We both couldn’t contain our smiles and we quickly and awkwardly kissed. I went to open the door of the truck but he pulled me back.
“Do you want to b-have dinner at mine on Friday after band practice?”
He spoke so fast, I only just understood what he was trying to say.
“And finally meet the infamous Mr and Mrs O’Callaghan? I would be delighted.”
I couldn’t believe he asked me to meet his parents and brothers; I was both very excited but a little nervous.

“Well I’ll see you on Friday then.”
My decision was quickly made, “Do you want to come in?” Where did this boldness come from?
John looked surprised, “Are you sure?”
“Yes.”
He turned the car off, “Okay.”

I still wasn’t sure exactly what we were; in fact, it was starting to irritate me. This constant being-in-the-dark of where we stood was frustrating, but I wasn’t one to take the first step so I couldn’t complain.

We walked through the door, hand in hand, straight up the stairs and into my room.

I knew nothing was going to happen, we weren’t even dating and I’d rather not as long as I have no clue what we were.
“You can sit down, you know,” I laughed at him standing in the doorway awkwardly.
He moved next to me on my bed and kissed my forehead, “You should get to sleep if you want to go to school later on.”
I kissed him, “Goodnight moon.”
“That was adorable and goodnight you,” he smiled and lay down beside me.

I turned the light off and silence over swept the room, us finally drifting off into a peaceful slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone has a brilliant October!