Status: :D :D :D

Big Bad Handsome Man

No One Night Stand

And so it began for them: a string of days where they came to know each other. She’d go off to classes or practice her lines or audition for some lines, and he’d go off to play in a concert or practice or create music. And then, they would meet. She shared her schedule so he could plan his around her hours, and sometimes, he’d spend hours there, waiting for it to become less crowded to talk to her.

It was a desperate friendship that came from this odd coupling. They were strangers yet friends all the same. You know those times when you want to tell someone a secret but can’t tell a friend because they’ll have to look at you afterwards… so you go to a stranger instead? Well, she was his go to for that and he was hers.

She told him about her siblings and how she wished they cared. They never called, never wrote, never came around. She explained about her childhood in a rough neighborhood and he noticed an edge to her that he never saw before. She spoke of difficulties in class and he even helped her with her lines when she asked.

He told her about his musical upbringing and the closeness he had with his mother, the support she gave him. He told her jokes and about embarrassing moments performing; she noticed a good natured humor that she never saw before in him. She read some of his lyrics and even gave him some helpful feedback.

But they were friends, too, and spoke of normal things: music, art, food, movies, books, and everything else that came about. He found that she was witty and whimsical while she found that he was thoughtful and funny.

She began to question whether he was such a bad man and he began to wonder how he never before was attracted to her… or her type. It wasn’t that he wanted her romantically and definitely not for a one night stand… but he found that she was sweet as he had never found a woman before. He wondered if he had just ignored them or always barked up the wrong tree.

But he still went about with his love ‘em and leave ‘em nights, more careful to not show it around her, and she still went about with her shy tendency with guys, too sweet for some and too innocent for others.
♠ ♠ ♠
Derp. <3