Status: Always in progress...

For Them

Tell me later

It was one of those rare mornings that you could just be as lazy as you wanted to be and just sleep. She wanted to, Yasu really truly wished she could just lay in bed with her husband but she just couldn’t. Even if he looked insanely delicious in her newly obtained high thread count red sheets. The red made the color in his skin look so much richer…

‘Okay girl, that’s enough. Remember that you have the most adorably unaware cockblock sleeping a mere two rooms away.’ How many times had Little Ren walked in on them? Not during the actual act (okay, maybe a handful of times but it was in the middle of the night during the newlywed months), oh no. He had a habit of nipping the mood right in the ass. It was almost like he wanted, unconsciously, to make sure he stayed an only child just a little bit longer.

‘Well kiddo, if this turns out to be what I think it is then mission failed.’ That’s why Yasu was up and out at 06:30. The all too familiar box of pregnancy tests bounced along with a fresh bag of tea. If she was, in fact, pregnant then she needed to drink tea instead of coffee. Even if she wasn’t, the tea would help soothe any emotions she might (read: definitely) have about the prospect of another child.

The boys were blessedly still asleep when she hurried in out of the rather snowy morning. Her nose felt like it was about to freeze off as she attempted to get her boots off with one hand, the other (still in its mitten) clasped over her poor red nose. The thought prompted her to start humming ‘Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer’. She almost lost her rather toasty socks to the stylish winter boots Camui had insisted upon getting for her. They were a pain but cute, ‘and probably serve pregnant feet well.’

After putting the kettle on the stove, Yasu set about doing the home test. Nothing to it really, just pee on a stick and wait three minutes.

Which seemed like three fucking HOURS.

Every single time.

Especially when you did three of them in a row.

‘Weird… two out of three.’ She’d never gotten mixed results before, it was odd and bugged her to the point of going back out to the pharmacy for more tests. Yasu decided it was better to make a call to the private physician Camui kept on speed dial (This had been the result of years of training and Ren meeting a sharp corner in Camui’s office space). Surely he would have an answer for her.

The petite woman grinned down at her still dead to the world husband. He used to be famous for not sleeping but rather napping throughout the day, Ren had fixed that. Fixed it good. Between his work, play (the lines often blurred), and home life, Camui had taken to sleeping a full night whenever possible. Thank God. That was one thing that used to bug the hell out of Yasu.

Grin still cemented in place, she lifted up the covers at his feet. Dropping down to reach the round, sunken bed, she crawled in over him. Yasu worked her way up, making sure to leave little kisses along her favorite parts of him along the way. Slowly but surely, he stirred to life. Smiling when she laid on top of him, relishing in the skin to skin contact. Their drug was each other.

“Good morning sleepyhead,” she cooed against his pretty smile.

“You’re up early.” His arms wrapped around her middle like some great belt. All so comfortable and warm, a perfect winter morning cuddle.

“I had a lot to do this morning.” She kissed one cheek, then the other, enjoying the light groan that signaled he wanted to go back to sleep. He rolled them over, effectively pinning her to the bed, never once opening his eyes.

“And now it’s time for more sleeping.” With one hand he pulled the sheets tighter around them, it wouldn’t do to get chilled and wake up anymore than he already was.

“But I have something to tell you!”

“So tell me… when we wake up.” If she had the room to swat him, she would have.

“You’re impossible, you know that?”

“If it was so important, you wouldn’t have tried to seduce me into waking up.” He did have a point there, it was important but she DID give him a nice wake up.

Oh well, she’d tell him later. She had a sleepy man to contend with.