Dryness

Chapter Two

Yasu rolled over, recoiling at the sun that dared to burn her delicate eyes with its overbright cheeriness.“Fuck the sun…” she growled and rolled over to cling to her lovely Johnny Depp lookalike lover. There were few things that helped her wake up after a night a drinking than cuddling with the warm cuddly cat person—cats strictly optional depending on who they liked or didn’t like that day. Taking a nice slow morning to wake up was always worth it to Yasu, especially when it was with him but today was different.

There was a problem.

Where was Atsushi?

The small woman sat up slowly, head protesting the entire time. This was truly going to be the true hangover from hell.

She stumbled up, falling out of bed, then clawing her way to standing with the clever usage of the bed frame and a bookshelf. Leaning on the wall she made it to the bathroom only to trip over something in the darkness. Half drunk, hungover, and blind she felt around for the source of her entanglement.

It was big, person sized, wearing what felt like a silk dress shirt…

“So this is where you’ve been hiding…” Yasu shook her passed out lover gently, there was a problem.

He didn’t wake. He was cold.

“Atsushi…. Atsushi!” She shook him harder, still nothing.

She jumped up and raced to the phone, any phone she could find.

The paramedics stayed on the phone with her until the ambulance arrived.

She blinked, they were in the ambulance speeding towards the hospital.

She blinked again, she was running alongside the gurney. Doing the best she could to answer all the questions the doctors shouted at her.

She blinked. They were holding her back, saying she couldn’t go with him.

She fought.

She cried.

She fought.

She blinked.

There was a cup of tea cooling in front of her, untouched and uncared for.

Yasu was waiting…. Waiting…. Waiting.

It felt like hours, they had told her nothing.

Where was Atsushi?

She tucked her knees under her chin and waited for news.

Sitting there in that cold waiting room she made a promise to never drink again. If he could just pull through she would make sure this would never happen again.

Sitting there, she prayed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thinking of rewriting this... anyone have any thoughts?