I Don't Date

Introduction

When my parentrs told me and my brother, Isaac, that we were moving to Bootle, we honestly thought they were having a laugh. I loved my life in Formby. I loved my home, my life and my horses. I loved working in the stables and riding my horses at the back of our home.

After being told we were moving, I had one week to say goodbye to my friends and my boyfriend, pack up my current life and move on. I see my horses; Alaska and Baby Doll, once a week now when I have my lessons - my instructor; Will, moved into our old house to start a new horse-riding business.

Being in Bootle has had a big impact on my life, it's completely down-sized compared to Formby, I've had to change college and friends and its' taking a lot longer to get used to than I imagined. I don't talk to my Formby friends anymore because Tamsin, Lauren and Olivia were convinced I had bailed on them deliberately but Raurie, my ex-boyfriend still sees me because he was too immature but becase we've known each other for years so we need some space.

I don't know exactly what to make of Bootle yet or why we moved but I've grown up believing change is good and that everything happens for a reason but I'm not sure where the good change is coming from. I know that there is a big difference between Formby and Bootle, the social lives for the kids are quite dramatic but my mum says it'll take some getting used to. I just need to be willing to give it time.