And All Things Will End

Two

Three weeks later...

"Hello?" Erika said groggily as she answer her cell phone.

"Erika." Gabriel said in a stifled whisper. "I'm sorry to wake you."

"Gabe, it's ok. What's wrong?" she asked, sitting up, looking over at the clock seeing it was 4 am.

"I can't stand this. I miss him so much. It's so lonely without him. I don't know what to do." he sobbed.

"Maybe you should go spend some time with your family." she said, standing up from the bed, careful not to wake Matt.

"I can't. They never understood things." he sniffed.

"Come there then. You can visit and meet Matt and the rest of the guys."

"Do you think it'll be ok with him?" Gabriel asked.

"You're my best friend. Of course it'll be fine. I'll talk to him about it when he wakes up just to be sure." she said, yawning.

"That sounds good. My god Erika, I'm so sorry I called you so damn early. I forget you're three hours behind me."

"Don't worry about it. Just get packed and I'll call you later so we can make a plan." Erika whispered.

"Ok. Thank you. I can always count on you. I love you." Gabriel said.

"I love you too Gabe. Now, I'm going back to bed." she chuckled before hanging up.

Erika put her phone back on the night stand, then climbed back in bed beside Matt, who was lightly snoring with his back to her. Snuggling up to him, she draped an arm across his waist, falling back to sleep easily.

After what only seemed like a minute or two, she was ripped from the bed and slammed against the wall. Looking into his eyes, Erika didn't recognize the man she loved. He looked possessed, crazy, as he held her in place by her throat.

"Matt." she gasped. "What are you doing?"

"You're a lying bitch!" he snarled.

"What are you talking about?" she asked, trying to free herself from his hold.

"I love you too Gabe." he mocked. "You've got some balls to talk to your other boyfriend on the phone while sitting on our bed!"

"Matt, it's not like that!" she screeched.

"Bullshit! How long has it been going on huh?!" he spat.

"He's gay Matt! How many times..." she was interrupted as he slapped her across the face with an open palm, knocking her to the floor.

"Lies! You're a fucking whore!" he yelled, grabbing her ankle as she tried to get up and get away from him.

"Matt stop! You're the man I love!" Erika screamed as his hand connected with her face for the second time.

"I'm going to teach you a fucking lesson!" he yelled, picking her up and throwing her down on the bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erika stood in front of the bathroom mirror looking at the bruises on her face and the ones that were on the rest of her body. They had been together for three years and Matt had never laid an inappropriate hand on her. That all changed this morning. He'd jumped to conclusions after only hearing part of her conversation with Gabriel, assuming she was cheating on him. Pain coursed through her body as she turned the shower on. Matt had left her laying in the floor when he'd finished with her, tearing out of the driveway like a bat out of Hell. She didn't know where he'd gone, nor did she care at the moment. She was in disbelief at what had happened, thinking it was almost surreal.

Stepping into the shower, Erika stood under the flow, letting it pour down over her aching body as tears mixed with the warm water. After getting out of the shower, she quickly dried off, then got dressed. Taking her phone from the night stand, she made a call, pulled her hair up in a ponytail as she went downstairs.

When she got to the bottom of the steps, she noticed the scent of her favorite flower, Magnolias. Walking into the living room, she saw matt sitting on the sofa, looking at the floor. She looked around and saw Magnolias adorning the entire room.

"Erika." Matt sighed, still looking at the floor. "I, I'm sorry. I have no excuse for my actions."

She just stood there silently, glaring at him as he looked up at her, tears in his eyes.

"Oh god!" he shrieked, seeing the bruises as he got up and walked over to her before dropping to his knees in front of her. "I did this. Oh god Erika. Can you ever forgive me? I, I, oh god Erika!"

Looking down at him, Erika knelt down and looked Matt in the eyes.

"I honestly don't know." she spoke softly, unsure if he'd go off again. "You hurt me Matt, physically and emotionally. I'm not sure a few flowers and an apology are going to fix this."

"I know." he said, still crying. "I just love you so much. The thoughts of another man..."

"That's the problem Matt." Erika cut him off. "There isn't another man or woman for that matter. You only heard one side of a conversation this morning. Then you didn't even give me a chance to explain things. You jumped to conclusions and beat me. For what? Did I deserve this?" she pointed at her face before continuing. "No I didn't! No one deserves to be beaten, let alone for something that can't even be justified!"

"Erika, I can't apologize enough." Matt said, as she stood back up and headed towards the stairs.

"No you can't. But one thing's for sure, you sure as hell are gonna try!" she said as she headed up the stairs, Matt following her.

"What's this?" he asked, noticing two suitcases outside their bedroom door.

"Some of my things. I'm going to go stay with Leana for awhile." she answered, picking up the smaller bag.

"You're leaving me?!" Matt exclaimed, grabbing the suitcase from her hand.

"No. I'm taking a break from things. I have a lot to think about Matt. So do you. You have got to get a grip on your jealously over Gabriel. He's my best friend. I shouldn't have to keep reminding you of that, nor the fact that you are the only man that I love. Until you can come to terms with things and know that I'm yours beyond a shadow of a doubt, I can't live here. I won't be abused. If this morning is any sign of things to come, then I'm out." she said as the doorbell sounded.

"But I love you! You can't leave me Erika! I need you!" Matt cried as she took her suitcase from him and picked up the other.

"You're gonna have to prove it." she said as she descended the stairs and opened the door to find Leana waiting impatiently.

"You ready?" she asked, glaring at Matt as he came down the stairs.

"Yeah. Just give me a sec." Erika said, turning toward Matt.

"Erika please." he whimpered.

"I need time. I love you. Don't forget that. This is the best thing for us both right now Matt." she said, kissing his cheek quickly before turning and heading out the door.

"This isn't the end Erika! I love you!" he yelled from the door as she and Leana got into the car and pulled away.

Erika looked back at Matt through the side mirror as tears began to fall. She wasn't entirely sure what would happen next. One thing she did know was this was what had to be done. For now anyway.

"The guys are so gonna kick his ass for this." Leana growled.

"The guys aren't going to know unless Matt tells them. We clear?" Erika said, wiping her tear stained cheeks.

"Erika! They have to know!"

"No Leana, they don't. I don't want him thinking I ran to them."

"Fine. I'll keep quiet, but I do not agree with it." she hissed.

Erika nodded and just stared out the car window as they drove out of Huntington and headed toward Long Beach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, now that I've posted this chapter, I'd like to say something. I never though in a million years I'd write a story about abuse. It's an issue that hits home because I've been there. I actually started this story a long time ago, but until recently, I hadn't felt like I wanted to post it. Some of you know that in the past few weeks, my "past" resurfaced so to speak. So with that said, I've decided to finish this story. I'm not sure how long this story will be, but we shall see what happens.

Thanks for reading and commenting. <3