Sequel: Kids With Guns
Status: Completed

Don't Get Lost in Heaven.

Chapter Ten

March 15, 2006 Wednesday.

Today was mine and Danny's birthday. Luckily for me I was sending the morning throwing up.
I had been sick for a few weeks, throwing up, being tired.

"Sierra?"

I looked up to see a very tired and hungover Danny.

"Yeah?"

"He say's 'e wan's me ta leave after tonigh'"

"I know... Atleast I got 'm ta let yeh stay this long."

He leaned over and grabbed the mouth wash sitting down next to me.

"Happy birthday..."

He handed it to me smiling.

"Oh mouthwash is' wha' I've always wanted!"

"I though' yeh woul' like it."

He stood up holding his hand out to help me up.

"Danny?"

I asked as i took a swig from the mouthwash.

"Yeah?"

"Where are yeh gon' go?"

"I'll go stay wi' Ben probably."

"Oh.. I like 'm e's nice ta me."

"Nice to 'ave a change from what yeh usually get aye?"

"Danny..."

"He's a fuckin dick an' yeh know it."

I just looked at Danny and twisted my mouth to the side.

"E's behing me isn't e?"

I nodded.

"Mornin Oliver..."

Danny walked past him and down the hall into his room.

"Oli.."

"No. E's ou' today... Yeh two get yeh birfday party and he leaves."

"Fine..."

He pulled me into a hug.

"Yeh still feelin sick?"

"Mmhmm."

"Yeh wanna go lay down?"

I nodded into his chest and he took my hand and we walked to our room. He laid down first and crawled into the bed next to him curling up into his side. He was warm. He kissed my forehead and I closed my eyes hoping for a peaceful nap.

*Tom's P.O.V*

I was in the living room playing Halo when Oli and Sierra came into the room. She sat down for about three minutes until she ran off to the bathroom closing the door and loudly spilling her guts.

"She's pregnant Oli."

"I know."

He took the controller from my hands and continued playing.

"I was playing that...."

"Oh yeah? Cool."

"Yeh gon' let 'er drink tonigh' aren't yeh?"

"Yeah. Let er' be a kid one last nigh' why no'?"

"Retarded babies are made tha' way."

"The baby will be fine no' shut up. She doesn't know yet yeah?"

"She doesn't? Then 'ow do yeh know?!"

"Tom... She pukes every mornin' an' she ge's sick from food she loves... She was complainin' a few days ago abou' her period startin' again. They bleed when the egg fertilizes or whatever."

"Why don' yeh say somfin' to 'er?"

"Because... She's sixteen, today is 'er last day teh be a kid and we've 'ad this party planned since January."

"But then."

"Shut the fuck up!"

He threw the controlled back at me with the game paused. He went into the bathroom with her rubbing her back and tied her hair back. He asked her something and she nodded. He walked into the kitchen getting her a glass of tap water and took it to her. He closed the door behind him.
I went back to playing the game.

"Aye Tom!"

Danny waltz’s down the stairs with a pipe and a baggie. I smiled pausing the game and following him outside.

*Sierra's P.O.V*

I sat on the toilet breathing lightly, after I had vomited my back hurt, it always did. I wanted to cry and go back to the party but I felt so horrible. And the fact that I had to let Danny go tonight, well this morning really. I started to cry silently... I had a terrible cramp and I bent over puking a little on the floor. I want to forget everything. I want to go back in time and save us both. I want to have never snuk out down the vine ladder. I wish that girl had never said anything about me partying in front of Danny; I wish he had never followed me here.
There was a knock at the door and I looked up. The handle turned but didn't open, the door was locked. I got up and unlocked it, Ben was on the other side. He scratched his head and smiled at me.

"Danny. E's down stairs tryin' ta start shit with Oli... Again."

He laughed and I nodded. I walked past him and he followed me.

"Love are yeh a'right?"

"No... I'm sick."

"M sorry ta 'ear tha'. Yeh worried abou' 'm aren't yeh?"

"Yes."

As we neared the center of the party the sounds of music, laughter, breaking glass, just partying grew louder. I turned into the living room. This wasn't a fight it was a zero competition throw down. People were standing around them some laughing. Danny was sitting on Oli again and Oli had no strength to help himself. I stood there for a moment looking around for Tom, Matt, Curtis. Anyone. I was alone on this one since nobody else wanted it to stop, I looked for Ben and he was behind me but he was talking to a girl. I felt sick again but I approached my brother. Wrapping my arms around him and pulling back until we both fell down on the ground. He got up immediately going back to Oli. I started to cry and I wanted to scream. He was standing holding the collar of Oli's shirt. I tried pulling him back again but he pushed me away, his elbow collided with my face and I fell backward. The last thing I remember is Ben catching me and Matt and Curtis stopping the fight.
XXX

March 16, 2006 Thursday.

I woke up with a massive head ache and sat up to see it was 6:34 AM. I got out of the bed running down the hall to find Danny. His room was empty and I ran down the stairs to see if he was there. He wasn't. He was gone. Tom was in the kitchen and looked up at me. He walked into the living room and hugged me. I couldn't contain it I burst into tears. He was gone, I didn't even get to say goodbye.
After my little fit I had to puke again, and I did just that. A few minutes after I had emptied my stomach Oliver walked into the bathroom fully clothed. He looked fucking horrible.

"Yeh need ta face reality an' piss on the stick in this box. Yeh no' sick fa no fuckin' reason."

He left the room and I picked up the box he had set on the counter. It was a pregnancy test. I closed the door and followed the instructions. Soon after I was finished Oli walked back into the bathroom sitting on the floor. I sat down next to him.

"I told 'm he could leave without ssaying goo'bye or I'd press charges on 'm. "Ave yeh seen yeh face?"

"He didn't do it on purpose!"

I snapped and Oli looked at me.

"But yeh still 'avent seen it? Look in the mirror babe."

He stood up with me. My eye was black and I had a bruise on the right side of my face. My eye itself was blood shot. Oli's hand slid past me and he grabbed the test sighing and handed it to me.
The little pink plus sign was all I could process, I looked up at him and he didn't appear to have any feeling about it. I hugged him tightly and he held me. For the second time today I broke down into a fit of tears.