Sequel: Kids With Guns
Status: Completed

Don't Get Lost in Heaven.

Chapter Seven

October 30th, 2005 1:24 AM Sunday

"Sierra?"
I looked up at Danny, his voice was raspy. He was sick.

"Yeh?"

"Do yeh rememba when dad use ta come 'ome jus the way I came 'ere?"
I looked down remembering daddy’s anger. He would yell and fight just like Danny did last night when he came here.

"Danny... Yeh betta than dad."
He sniffed and whipped his nose with the blanket he had wrapped around himself.

"No' really..."

We sat in silence for a while just thinking.

"I mean, I loved 'im buyt he was neva there fo' us... Do yeh eva miss 'im?"
I thought for a second. All the times that he had hit us, hurt us, made us cry. And yes I did miss him. I had no idea why but I did. I could feel tears spill over. I looked down. I thought about mum. I missed her so much more. And we would never see her again.

"I do Danny. I miss them both."
We looked at each other, he was crying too, just a bit as I was. His face was worn and tired; he looked very ill and very thin. His eyes were enclosed by dark rings and he was pale. I could tell he was taking in my face as well. The piercings, the bleach blonde chopped hair.

"I like it... Your hair."
He said coughing into his hand.

"Thank you. Yours is... weird."
We both laughed.

"I like it... Being long I mean."
We were quiet again. I looked down.

"I got suspended from Vincent's... Last week."

"Why?"
I asked surprised.

"Mr. Randal. 'E said that you were a druggie hussie an' tha's why yeh dropped out. So I hit him in the face. They wouldn't let 'im press charges because a few kids in class said tha' he did say that about yeh. I's his fault. 'E said if they suspended me, permantly 'e wou'nt take it any further. An' I 'avent been wearin me uniform correctly..."

"Danny. You’re like a 'ero."

"No 'm no'."

"Danny..."
He looked at me.

"Yes?"

"I don' know if yeh rememba but when yeh got 'ere Matt had you take a drug test... The kind yeh piss in."

"Oh.."

"I know everything you've been doin' Danny. Why are yeh bein so stupid an' careless hm?"

"I dunno, I missed yeh and I fell inta tha' wron' crowd really."

"Do Grams an' Grumpy know where yeh are?"
He sighed heavily.

"No. I left last week when I go' suspended... Grumpy was so mad at me an' 'e said that Mr. Randal was probably righ'."

"Really? Grumpy said tha'?"
My cheeks burned and my heart sank.

"Yeah... I 'old him ta go fuck 'imself an' I left. 'E Followed me out the door but I started running. 'E didn't wan' me to go. 'E wasn' mad tha' I told 'm teh go fuck 'imself at all. He jus' wanted me teh stay."

"Yeh suppose teh be tha' goo' kid Danny."

"He did'nt care tha' my 'air was long... 'E didnt car' tha' I 'ad pierced me lip... 'E didn't care. When me grades started to drop he stared tryin' teh' ge' me to hang ou' with 'im go bolwin' o' wha'ever 'e 'ad in mind. An after yeh left 'e gave me all me things back. 'E smiled about i' too. I 'ated it. I 'ated him fo' lettin yeh leave an' 'e 'ad no ide' where yeh was goin'."

"Danny. I's okay. Yeh knew I was safe an' tha's wha's important."
He looked down, like he felt sick all of the sudden. He almost fell forward but I grabbed him.

"Oli!!"

He was breathing heavy and even though I tried to hold him up he fell onto the floor balling up and shaking.

"OLI!"

I heard running footsteps up the stairs and down the hall, Oli walked into the room.

"Oh shit."

"Yeh oh shit!!!"

"He's probably overdosing Sierra."

"HOW! He hasn't used anything since last night before 'e got ere'!!"

"Actually."
He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"We did a few bumps like an hour ago... well I did a few... 'E did alot."
I started to cry and sat down next to Danny. He was shaking more and he felt cold. He was drooling and wasn't responsive.

"Oli."
I said calmly.

"Go get Matt and Curtis."

"Why?!"

"WERE TAKING HIM TO THE HOSPITAL!"
Oli looked taken back by me yelling at him. He leaned out the door and yelled for Matt and Curtis.

"I's gonna be okay Danny..."
I said crying. Matt Oli and Curtis Picked up Danny and carried him down stairs and out to the car. I followed behind and Matt and I sat in the back seat with Danny. When we arrived to the hospital Danny had vomited twice and we went into the emergency room entrance, A woman at the front desk seeing what he looked like pressed a button on the wall and picked up a telephone.

"We have a boy in the front; he needs attention now we'll get info later."

Two nurses came through the double doors with a bed and took him from us laying him on the bed. The woman behind the counter came around.

"Any relatives?"

"I'm his sister!"
She took my hand and we followed the nurses down the hall.

"Drug overdose?"
I nodded in response, they took him into a room and started drawing blood and other things. The woman sat me down and had a clip board.

"What's his name sweetheart?"

"Danny..."

"Last name, love?"

"Worsnop... He's 15. He left home so no address, his birthday is December 11th 1990..."

"Hold on just a second."

She walked over to a desk that was closer to us and picked up a phone.

"Ello yes that Danny boy that has been missing for a week is here at our hospital...Yes of course hes having a drug overdose and is in our building, thank you."
My stomach sunk. Grumpy would be called and told to come here... He would take Danny away.

"Your grandparents will be here as soon as the authorities contact them."

"Thank you..."

Soon the doors opened and Grumpy and Grams were walking down the hall toward the room Danny was in. They were taken straight in and didn't even recognize me. I stood up and walked in silently.

"Your grandson has been tested positive for Cocaine, Meth, Heroin, and Acid. We also found traces of marijuana."
Grumpy sighed and looked down. Grams put her hand on his shoulder. I cleared my throat and they both turned to look at me.

"Si....Sierra."
Grams asked. I nodded and she stepped toward me. She hugged me and I felt tears on my shoulder.

"James she's okay! She's alive!"
Grumpy looked at her in dicust.

"She did this to him! She's the reason he's in this bed!"

"N-no."
Danny spoke fraily and coughed a little bit.

"Isno' 'er fault...Is your fault."
Grumpy looked at him, slightly shocked.

"Danny yeh alrigh' we'll be takin' yeh 'ome soon."

"No. 'M goin' with Sierra."
He pointed to me.

"No. Your 'ming 'ome with us."

"No 'M not. I hate you. You don't care abou' me."

"Fine. If tha's 'ow yeh want. Yeh can 'ave it tha' way. Yeh both druggies jus' like yeh father. I've failed twice so there must be somthin' wrong with me."
He turned to the nurse and spoke to her.

"When you let him out, release him to her... I won't be coming back."

"Sir, we can't 'e isn't old enough, 'es a minor."

"I'm not."
Oli stepped into the room. and sighed.

"E can come 'ome with me. I'll take care of him."

"Who the ell are you?"
Grumpy asked him dumbfounded.

"Well 'm the guy that 'as been feedin' yeh beautiful grandaughter, given 'er a place ta sleep, an' a warm 'ome. Since it appears that you can't do tha'. What kind of man can put his grandaughter out on the street and sleep at nigh'?

Grumpy scoffed and walked out the door with Grams in toe.

XXX

When we got home the sun was rising. Oli helped Danny to his room and we went to our own. Laying down tonight I felt safe, secure, and just fine. Oli put his arm around me and we fell asleep just that way.