Hidden Behind a Mask

Leaving

I was being pulled roughly down the hall way. The handcuffs were rubbing harshly against my wrist as the man walked. When we final reached the door to my hell I saw the man shake. Everyone was afraid of the president. Everyone knew what he was capable of. As always there was a sharp buzzing noise and the door opened pain stakingly slowly. The man quickly stepped behind me and shoved me into the pitch black room. I landed on my knees on the cold, hard, cement floor and immedeatly felt the pain. I stood up quicly as I heard the door shut behind me with a soft click. The worst part came next. He spoke. His voice sent a shockwave of fear to course through my body and I was frozen.
President, "Whisper, you have been a loyal servant to me for many years. You are strong, young, and beautiful. Many people who have seen you outside of the organization with your mask off have fallen for you which is exactly why I have chosen you for this mission."
Me, "President, I am but you humble servant. Your wish is my command. I will gladly except any mission you are to give me." I bowed deeply and he chuckled.
President, " I am glad to hear that. You will be living with the royal family of werewolves starting today. It seems that the prince saw you while you were on your last mission and he feel for you."
I stared at him in shock, " What are you saying? I'm afriad I do not fully understand sir."
President, "Have you ever heard that werewolves fall in love only once in their life time. They, like vampires, have what are called "bloodmates."
Me, "So you are saying that the werewolf prince believes that I am his bloodmate?"
President, "That is exactly what I am saying."
Me, "How is this a mission though?"
President, "Do you have any idea how prosperous it would be for this organization if we have one of the two royal families on our side? We would be nearly invincible! Which is exactly why you will be sent to the palace immedeatly."
Me, "I understand. I will pack my things. Is there a specific mask in which you would like me to take?"
President, "Take them all. You never know when a certain one might come in handy and I doubt you will be coming back here anytime soon."
Me, " Understood."
The president pushed a button and the familiar buzzing noise went off as the door opened. The same man who had brought me here briskly walked up to me and handcuffed me again. As I was walking out the door I heard the president say quickly, "Don't disappoint me, Whisper." With that, the door closed and I was back in the perfectly white hallway. When I reached my room there was a duffle bag sitting on my bed. I picked it up and walked over to my wardrobe. I picked up my red mask, the mask of fire, then my blue mask, the mask of water, the green mask, the mask of wind, my purple mask, the mask of mind, and finally my pink mask, my original mask. I stared at it and ran my fingers across it.
"Whisper Evens, please report to the main floor."
Damn that cheerful voice. Damn my pitiful life.
I slowly made my way to the main floor. A place no active members of the orginization has ever been. The floor was glass and suspended in mid-air. It felt like one wrong step and I would fall to my doom and be captured by an unescapable darkness. The thought, scared even me I looked ahead and a saw for the first time the lady with the eerily cheerful voice that would alwasy call my name. She looked to be about 40 with blond hair and blue eyes with a light yellow mask. At first glance you might think she would be an easy oppenent, but I knew better. There was an undenieble gleam in her eyes that screamed insanity. An insanity that couldn't be stopped by an average person.
The lady summoned some gaurds to take me to the car and she once again smiled that smile at me. It was as though she saw my future and knew the pain that I would suffer. Ofcourse she did have a yellow mask. The mask of prophicies. I sighed as I was roughly pushed between the gaurds. I didn't know why but they were being overly precausious with my departure. There was a gunman stationed at every exit. Guns up and eyes staring straight at me as though they were wolves looking at an injured lamb.
We reached the garrgage and tehy put my small bag in the back of an expensive looking car. When one of them tried to shove me in the back seat a kicked him in the jaw making him stumble backwards. I saw anger flicker through his only visible eye. Before he could try to push me into the car again I pushed a button on the wall and my motorcycle, Artemis, appeared. I jumped on it and nodded to the gaurd as if to tell him I would be riding Artemis and nothing would change my mind. He saighed loudy and the other guy whispered in his ear. When they were done talking they got into the car and started to drive away at full speed. I sighed contently. Speed was my favorite five letter word.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will try to update more often!! Cheerleading practices a lot though and football games are friday! Sorry!