Status: Believe :) x

One Day

That day

She walked along the street, completely oblivious to her surroundings. Her iPod was blaring into her ears and the traffic was coming steadily past her. Her pace levelled out into a rhythm to fit the beat of the music, her brown high-heel boots took their turns to go first before her. Her curly brown hair shone in the midday sunlight, she flicked it out of the way and over her shoulder. She realised that she had to cross the road, she looked left, right, then left again. She changed the track on her iPod, hardly taking a second, but just taking long enough for her not to see the truck.

The truck driver changed the channel on the radio, hardly taking a second, but just taking long enough for him not to see the girl crossing in front of him.

The man appeared out of nowhere, grabbing her out of the way and onto the opposite pavement. She grabbed her headphones out of her ears and He grabbed her arm to steady her as she started to loose her balance, seeming to predict the movement.
“Thanks.” She said to Him.
“You’re welcome. Take more care next time.” He went to walk off.
“I could have died!” He stopped and turned round.
“Yes, but it isn’t your time.” She let that remark pass. He went to go again.
“But, who are you?”
He turned to face her for a final time. “You already know me, you just don’t know it yet.” With that he walked off down the pavement. She looked back for a moment at the truck which had stopped to avoid hitting her, before looking back to find the man. He had gone. She pondered his words for a moment, something seemed to click in her head. She gasped, she ran to find him. He had disappeared. The sunlight beamed into her face as she sighed and headed down back down the street, the way she had been headed. To her future, thanks to Him.