Status: New.

Falling in Reverse

Chapter 5

I anxiously waited in the kitchen, gripping the stool that I sat perched on. I couldn't take the silence. A shaky breath passed through my parted mouth as I glanced around, gnawing away on my bottom lip.

I strained my hearing, desperately trying to find out what Lindy was telling Kennedy, and why it was taking them so long..

What if she disowns him? What if he leaves and never comes back? What if she sends him to his room or yells? It would be all of my fault.. I couldn't handle the weight of guilt.

Oh god, I can't handle the silence! What's taking them so long? My ears suddenly perked up as audible footsteps began to reach my ears. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as Kennedy sauntered around the corner, a wide smirk plastered across his face.

"Elijah." Mom spoke, her voice hard as she narrowed her eyes towards Kennedy's somewhat smug smile. "I made sure to point out to Kennedy here, that he was not raised in the manner he's been treating you."

I nodded, unsure of what to say or how to even manage to answer. I shuffled my feet out of habit and offered a meek smile in her direction.

"He's incredibly sorry, right Kennedy?" She placed her hands on her hips, as if she was silently daring him to dent his apology.

"Uh, yeah." He nodded, shrugging innocently. "Sorry, Elijah.."

"He's also brought it to my attention that he's going on tour soon," She clucked her tongue in distaste. "He said it would give you two the time away from each other."

I sighed in relief, my shoulders rising the slightest bit. Thank the lord. Kennedy will be out the house and not thinking of evil schemes to humiliate me.

"I, on the other hand disagree." She sighed, wiping her hands across her apron. "So, I'm making it my top priority that you go on tour."

"W-what?!" I spluttered, my heart frantically jumping into my throat. "I-I can't! T-they only have enough room for the merch g-guys."

"Which is why you're going to be helping out." She patted my cheek, a glimmer of hope swimming into her roung orbs. "Kennedy didn't seem too against the idea either."

"What?" I asked flatly, uncrossing my arms.

"Yeah," Kennedy shrugged, stepping closer to me, arms outstretched. "After all, you're practically my little brother."

Yeah, right.

He wrapped his long, lanky arms around my upper torso. I sucked in a deep breath and winced as he continued to tighten his grip.

He leaned down, his cheek practically plastered against my own. His breathing fanned out across my face as his lips threatened to skim my ear.

"I'm going to make your life living hell." He whispered, his stubble briefly scratching against my smooth skin.

I sucked in a deep breath, nervously tugging at the collar of my t-shirt. Fuck. Oh fuck. Fuck me twice. Why didn't I see this coming?!
♠ ♠ ♠
ZOMG. ZOMG. ZOMG.

Sorry for the lateness! But, you guys should check out the character page. I finally managed to add Adam to the list c: I did that in case I have a few flashbacks or something in the future.

Please comment! <3

Don't Stop Now - The Maine