Status: New.

Falling in Reverse

Chapter 7

"My babies," She sobbed, kissing my forehead, "What am I going to do without you two? The constant bickers, I'm going to miss it all."

"Mom." Kennedy complained, swatting her needy hands away. "We're going to be late, we have to leave now or-"

"You'll be late," She sniffled, "I know, I know. I just want to wish you two the best of luck at patching together your relationship. And, make sure to call at least twice a week, we don't want a repeat of last time."

"Oh, fuck no." He muttered, running a distressed hand through his hair. "I'll take good care of the little shit ba- dumpling. Yeah... Anyways, don't worry, we'll call, he'll call."

"Language!" She scolded, adjusting the collar of my shirt. "I want you to take good care of Elijah, do you hear me? Don't leave him alone, and please Kennedy, promise me you'll make nice with him."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." He mumbled, lifting his bag.

"As for you Elijah," She turned her attention back to me, "Watch after Kennedy, make sure he eats enough. Don't let him get too drunk, heaven knows I couldn't stop him from drinking. Especially around that John."

"Mom, we have to go!" Kennedy insisted, grabbing the shoulder of my sleeve.

"Alright." She sighed, stepping back. "I love you boys, take care."

"Love you too," We chorused.

She for a weary smile, watching us from a distance as we began making our departure.

Kennedy abruptly jerked me to an complete standstill, clenching my elbow in his calloused hands.

"W-wha-" I was allowed to finish my sentence as he leaned down, his intoxicating breath fanning across the side of my face.

"Don't fuck anything up," He hissed, "When we walk in, just tell them you're tired and that you're going to crash."

"But K-kenny, I can't possibl-" I stammered.

"What?" He snarled, tightening his grip.

I sucked in a deep breath at the pain radiating from his clasped hand. I winced inwardly, I can already imagine the bruise already forming.

"I can't carry all of my bags," I whimpered, tears springing to my eyes.

His gaze locked with mine for a split second, his eyes instantly softening. "I-I'll uh, help.. I guess, just don't talk to them, alright?"

"Y-yeah..."

I couldn't help but suddenly feel confused at his abrupt act of kindness. A small, growing feeling of hope was beginning to enlarge in the pit of my stomach.

And I'm almost positive I like that feeling.

I glanced around, sniffling as I tightened my grip on bag, hesitantly following him up the stairs. I braced myself for glares, snide comments, or even a snicker. I was shocked to find encouraging grins and a few waves, courtesy of Pat.

"Ohmygoodness!" He breathed out, rushing towards me, arms spread open wide, "I'm so glad you were able to come! You're going to be my new best friend since Garrett's being a buttwipe."

"Am not!" Garrett cried, "I told you I was tired as fuck, geez, Pat."

He stuck his tongue out, shaking his head, "Whatever, turd nugget, I have a new best friend anyways!"

How in the hell was I suppose to avoid talking to them if they wouldn't stop hugging me? And why wasn't Kennedy bothering to break us up? I thought he-

"Kennedy's obviously forgotten his manners," Pat grinned, "But I'll show you to your bunk! It's right beside mine! But under his, he wouldn't let us have it any other way. He sure seems to care an awful lot about you. It's pretty sweet if you ask me...."

I began drowning his voice out, my mind only paying attention to that one, special sentence. "He sure seems to care an awful lot about you," Care? He doesn't know how to fucking care!

"Alright!" Tim booming voice snapped me out of my thoughts, "It's time to start loading up! Make sure you haven't forgotten anything, 'cause well, we're not opening this bus door until we get to the first venue!"

I didn't even have enough time to think of the important: can't forget stuff before Pat latched onto my elbow, dragging me towards the back of the bus.

"Here," he pointed, snatching my bag, "Just throw your shit on the bunk for now, and then you can sort it out later. That's what we all usually do."

Again, I didn't have time to reply before he was dragging me once again, towards the front of the bus. He swiveled around the guys, carefully avoiding the already snoring Garrett before plopping down onto the couch, squeezing between Kennedy and John.

Can you guess which one of us is beside Kennedy? Oh yeah, lucky me. I shrunk back into the cushion at the glare he was giving me. I turned my head to the side, attempting to ignore him and to focus onto the-

I let out a quiet whimper as he abruptly elbowed me in the side. I sucked in a deep breath, my hand instantly covering the fading blotch of red.

"Ssh!" Pat hushed me, "This is the good part!'

I peered up at Kennedy out of the corner of my eye, gulping softly. I sucked in my trembling bottom lip, nervously gnawing on it.

________

"Bathroom break!" Tim hollered suddenly, just as the bus seemed to come to an abrupt stop.

Everyone appeared to rise up from their bunks, almost at the same exact moment, clearly eager to step outside for the first time in fourteen hours.

All but me.

"I thought you said, "We're not opening this bus door until we get to the first venue!" Pat mocked, grinning cheekily

"Don't question me!" Tim snapped, rushing towards the back

"I'm not!" Pat yelled after him, desperately trying to untangle his hair, "Just give me more of a heads up next time, yeah? I like to look somewhat presentable!"

"That's a difficult task..." Garrett muttered, jogging off of the bus.

Pat gasped, throwing his hands up in the air before yelling profanities, dramatically stomping past Kennedy and Jared.

I slipped my grey sanuks, slowing spinning around to dig under the massive pile of clothes for my jacket. Triumph flooded through me as I spotted my black, all too familiar zip up hoodie.

I stumbled to the door, hesitantly peering out, anxious to see whether or not Kennedy would approve of me leaving the bus.

"Are you going to stand there all day?"

I let out a loud yelp as I quickly tumbled backwards, knocking into John O'Callaghans naked chest. Heat instantly flooded through my cheeks as he smirked, cocking his hip to the side.

"I know," he waved me off, "I'm a sight for sore eyes."

"U-uh yeah, s-sure." I stammered, nodding

Are you fucking shitting me? Did I just fucking say that? And, since when do I stutter around John fucking O'Callaghan? Well, I mean, I've never really seen his chest naked before...

He sent me an odd look before tugging his white v-neck over hid head, slowly pulling his dog tags out from under his shirt.

"I mean- I u-uh-"

"Whoa," He gripped my shoulder, steadying me, "Calm down, I was just messing with you."

"A-alright."

He chuckled, shaking his head, "How 'bout I buy you a drink, hmm? Would that calm you down?"

"Y-you don't h-have to-"

"I know," he shrugged, "But wasn't I the one who offered?"

"I-I guess..." I trailed off

"Don't doubt yourself so much," he winked, "It doesn't do your eyes any justice."

"My eyes?" I questioned in bewilderment

"Yeah," he nodded, "They're beautiful. One of your absolute best features."

I immediately dropped his gaze, feeling naked as his eyes raked over me. I bashfully shuffled my feet, trying to hide the dopey grin from stretching across my face. How did I get so fucking awkward? This is just-

"How 'bout that drink?" he inquired in a dry tone, "I'm starting to get parched."

"Sure," I shrugged

He smirked before casually draping his a arm around my shoulder, leisurely pulling me into his heat radiated embrace.

He practically dragged my down the stairs, only pausing to pull me the slightest bit closer. I was practically being smothered into his side, inhaling the musky cologne.

He swung open the glass door, causing the bell to erupt in chimes. I blushed profoundnessly as my eyes flickered over the guys faces, seeming to stop on Kennedy's look of disbelief.

John didn't seem to mind too much as he tugged me back towards the coolers, a deep sigh emerging from within his lungs.

'Fuck," he muttered, "I hate this part."

"What part?" I asked slowly, furrowing my eyebrows together in confusion

"Picking out a drink," he ran a hand through his already disheveled hair, tugging at the ends.

"I always get sweet tea," I spoke up, hesitantly reaching my hand out towards the freezer that held it.

"Plain sweet tea?" he quirked an eyebrow, "Not green tea, peppermint tea, cinnamon tea, etcetera, etcetera?"

"Nope," I popped the p, "Just plain ole' sweet tea."

"Well, I guess I'll get tea too," he shrugged, quickly snagging a bottle fro the cooler.

"What kind?" I mocked, "Plain sweet tea? Or-"

"Shut up!" he chuckled, jokingly shoving my shoulder

I automatically grabbed onto his shoulder, hoping I wouldn't pull both of us down together. Almost instinctively, he grabbed me by the waist, saving me from falling over the rack of beef jerky.

"Clumsy much?" he teased, grabbing me by the belt hoop and pulling me towards the check out counter.

I watched him as he pulled out his wallet, tossing a five dollar bill onto the faded counter. The cashier picked up, quickly typed in the prices, and then handed John the change. They bother nodded at each other respectively before going on with their everyday lives.

He slid me my bottle of tea, beckoning me to follow as he walked off, growing closer and closer to the booth the guys were in. I slowly edged closer, trying to avoid being near Ken-

"Hey Elijah," Kennedy spoke up, smirking knowingly, "There's room in my booth."

Kill me now.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... John get's a little frisky, eh? x) Just kidding. And, just to clear it up, there will be nothing between John and Elijah.

But, Kennedy doesn't know that. ;)

Pleaseeee comment!
<3