Status: New.

Falling in Reverse

Chapter 8

I cautiously slid into the booth, careful to not scoot too close to Kennedy. However, he was making that very difficult.

He leaned over, the stubble on his chin skimming across my shoulder blade, "What are you fucking playing at?"

"I don't know what you're talking about..." I trailed off, sipping on my tea

I gasped as a small sting shot through my body, telling me that he just pinched my side. My whole body went stiff as he chuckled.

"I think you know exactly what I'm talking about." He spat bitterly, "I don't see how you can practically throw yourself at John! Stop being such a fucking whore."

"I'm not-"

"Don't even start!" He whispered, "Now, tell the guys we're going to go call my mom."

I nodded.

I lifted my gaze up, nervously picking at the hem of my shirt. I swung my feet out of the booth, not wasting a second to rise.

"Where you going?" John questioned, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Oh, uh, Kennedy's mom said she wanted us to call whenever we made the first stop." I lied

"Tell Momma Brock I said hey!" Pat exclaimed, "She makes the best strawberry shortcake. I swear, it's like..."

I began drowning him out, my attention averting to Kennedy's facial expression. His jaw was clenched, his nostrils flaring with every breath taken. I didn't waste a second to scurry over to his side as he motioned for me.

He quickly yanked me into his side, his arm coiling around my shoulders, "Don't look so fucking terrified. It's not like I'm going to skin you alive."

"Sure feels like it.." I muttered under my breath

I glanced up at him, gritting my teeth together from the all too familiar anxious feeling. I knew it. I shouldn't have said that. He's really going to grill me out whenever we get on the bus.

"What did you say?" He questioned, narrowing his eyes as he swung the door open, shoving me up the stairs.

I stumbled and tripped, my knee skidding across the last few stairs, "Shit!" I hissed, instinctively caressing it.

"Grow the fuck up," He hissed, "Now, I'm only going to ask you once, got it?"

His tone was laced with venom, his chest was heaving from the angry breaths of air that filled his lungs. A look of disgust was evident on his boyish features, telling me I failed at do something that he desired.

"Y-yeah." I stammered, nodding

"Why in the hell were you all over John?" he asked slowly, his eyes burning holes into my head.

I avoided his gaze, attempting o rack my brain for a suitable answer. I came up empty handed. I slowly clenched my hands together, burying my head in my knees.

"K-Kennedy," I sobbed, "I-I'm sorry!"

I couldn't help it.

I didn't want him to hurt me.

I launched myself at him, swinging my arms around his waist, "P-please don't hit me! I-I-I didn't want to tell him no! He s-started- started t-talking to me f-first!"

He sighed, rubbing his eyes, "Why must I look after you constantly? Are you not smart enough to realize you're putting a burden on me? I'm only looking out for you."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I repeated, burying my head in his chest, "I'm so sorry, I-I'll make s-sure it never happens e-ever again."

"You're damn right you will." He nodded, brushing my hair out of my face, "I better not catch you hanging around John for too long."

"Y-you won't."

"John only wants to fuck you," He murmured, "That's it. You can't trust him, he'll only end up hurting you."

"T-that's what he wants?"

"Mhmm." He nodded, "You have to trust me on this, I know what's best for you. Adam would want you to listen to me."

"You're right." I whispered, "He was acting weird.. always touching me and-"

"He did what?" He snarled, tightening his grip around me, "You let him touch you?!"

"N-no! N-not like that!"

"Just," He huffed, "Don't talk to him, alright? I mean it."

I quickly nodded, not wanting to stress him out any further, "C-can I-" I cut myself off, feeling him tense up beneath me.

"Go ahead." He murmured, pressing his lips against my neck

"Can I-I talk to Pat and Garrett?"

"I don't see what it could hurt," He muttered, "Just don't tell them anything, or you'll regret it."

"O-okay."

He rose to his feet, caressing every inch of my body to his chest. I tried not to make it noticeable as I sucked in a deep breath, inhaling every fiber of his scent.

He dropped me off in my bunk, lifting the covers so I could bury myself in them. I peeked up through a crease in my hair, trying not to make it obvious as I studies his troubled expression.

I gasped quietly as his gleaming orbs locked with mine, an unreadable expression swarming around.

"It's not polite to stare." He murmured, lifting the duvet to my chin, "I think it's best if you take a power nap. You're not looking your best."

I believe him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edit: 1/13/12
Alright, alright, I haven't exactly been the best updater. However, there is one way you can change that!

Comment.

Check out my contest!
<3