Status: Just a few chapters left : )

You Idiot! You Weren't Supposed To Come Back!

Thirty Five

“Well…we’re home.” I sighed as we pulled up to Will’s driveway and hopped outta the car.

“Yup.” He sighed back. “I’ll walk you.” He suggested and I nodded.

“Okay.” We walked across the street to my house and stopped on the porch. “Well…I’m home.” Will chuckled.

“Yeah, you are.” It was silent for a moment before I gave a final smile before reaching for the doorknob.

“Hey Maxx.” I turned to see Will had stepped on the porch a little bit.

“Yeah?” I raised my eyebrows.

“Would you wanna do this again sometime? As in…more then just a friendly way.” Will muttered nervously while biting his lip.

“Is this you asking me out on a date?” I smirked.

“Is this you saying yes?” He countered back with a grin. I shrugged as I made my face go expressionless.

“Ehh…I guess that’d be okay.” Will smiled and I laughed at him. “Goodnight Will.”

“Wait.”

“What now?” I asked with a chuckle as I turned around again. Will was a lot closer this time, so when I turned his soft lips hit my cheek a millimeter away from my mouth.

“Goodnight Maxx.”

Will smirked as he noticed my slightly widened eyes before hopping off my porch and walking towards his house, looking back at me still standing there, and winked at me. I rolled my eyes and smiled lightly before turning my hand around the door handle and opening the door. The lights were all off but when I walked towards the steps to my room, the hallway light flicked on and I looked towards it before jumping against the wall.

“God Alex, you scared the shit outta me! What are you doing?” I spazzed. Alex stood there at the end of the hallway, arms crossed and furrowed eyebrows.

“Who was that?”

“Who?”

“That punk who kissed you.” I rolled my eyes.

“It was my cheek. And he’s just the new kid, he wanted me to show him some of Stratford.” I shrugged, not thinking it was a big deal.

“Yeah, cause he was so excited to see Stratford’s coffee shops and parks since they’re just SO interesting.” He said sarcastically. “And he asked you out on a date.” Alex pursed his lips.

“What’s your point?”

“Nothing. Just wanna tell you be careful. We don’t want anything happening to your lovely new boyfriend.” Alex said creepishly before walking the way to his room.

“Such a freak.” I mumbled.

“I heard that!” Alex yelled.

“You were supposed to!” I yelled back the same way. I went downstairs to my room to see it was already 10. Dang, I spent like all day with Will. Not that I’m complaining.

As I changed into my baggy sweatpants from my freshman year’s basketball team and a long sleeve purple shirt, I hopped into bed, laid against the pillow, and fell asleep.

***

A pounding woke me up from my sleep. I groaned as I lifted my head up and checked the time. 1:06 p.m. I guess I should get up anyway.

“Maxx! Get the door!” I heard Alex yell.

It’s easy for me to hear him cause we both have open vents in our rooms. Mine’s on the wall behind my bed and his is to the left of his door. So him living on the 2nd floor and me living in the basement don’t really matter.

“Why cant you do it?” I yelled back.

“Cause he’s busy!” Kayla’s groggy voice yelled back. Ew.

“Busy getting busy.” I gagged and got off my bed, rubbing my eyes and walking sluggishly up the stairs to the front door.

“Maxxi!” An excited voice yelled as they hugged me quickly and squeezed tightly. I grumbled.

“Hales, I love you and all but damn, do you have to be so cheerful?” I complained as I let her go. She laughed in my ear and walked past me to the living room, all the guys following her.

“Do you have to be so lazy?” Haley joked and I rolled my eyes. “It’s 1 in the afternoon.”

“Yeah well Maxxi over here came home a little late last night.” Alex smirked as him and Kayla walked towards the kitchen.

“It was 10!” I said incredulously and Alex just shrugged.

“You went somewhere last night?” Ryan asked and I rolled my eyes.

“No, I left during the day and just got home at night.”

“Where’d you go?” Chaz asked.

Why does it matter? They all left me so why do they act like I cant do something without them.

“I went out.” I shrugged.

“With who?” Haley winked and I gave her a nudge.

“Will. He’s new and wanted me to show him around so I did. No big deal guys.” I said nonchalantly and Chaz did a double take.

“Will?!” He exclaimed. My eyes widened and I nodded slowly. He sighed and slapped his forehead. “Damn it.” He muttered.

“What’s wrong with you?” Chaz shook his head at Ryan’s question and gave him an ‘are-you-retarded’ look. Ryan’s face suddenly turned to recognition and he groaned before slapping his head the same way Chaz did.

“What the fuck are you guys doing?” I asked, getting impatient.

“It’s not for us to say.” Collin muttered and turned his head towards the steps Justin was now walking down. He had gone to the bathroom as soon as they walked through the front door.

I gave Justin a look and he stared back at me with a blank expression. “Do you know what’s going on?” I asked. He shook his head and Collin, Chaz, and Ryan all groaned again. Justin gave them all a glare and they shut up, but still held pleading expressions.

“You guys are so weird!” Haley exclaimed and I nodded in agreement.

“Just tell her man.” Collin mumbled to Justin and I raised my eyebrows.

“Yeah, just tell her.” I mocked and put my hands on my hips.

“There’s nothing to tell. So how was your date yesterday?” Justin smiled, but it looked obviously fake.

“It wasn’t a date.”

“But he asked you on a date.” Alex smirked and I glared.

“Go screw Kayla.” Alex grinned.

“Gladly.” He ran up the stairs and I shuddered and mumbled ‘yuck.’

“So Will asked you out?” Haley asked excitedly and from the corner of my eyes I could see Chaz roll his eyes and Collin mumble ‘of course’.

“Mhmm.” I mumbled and she giggled.

“When?” I shrugged.

“Whenever he comes over again.” Haley nodded with a smile and the doorbell rang. “Well that was creepy.” Haley chuckled and everyone else just sat there. “Nothing? Not even a small giggle. Jeez guys, who died?” I grumbled at them before walking to the front door.

“Will?” I asked as I opened the door. Will turned around to look at me with a smile.

“Soooo…about that ‘more then a friendly way’ hang out, when was that supposed to happen?” He grinned and I chuckled.

“Whenever you planned on asking.” I shrugged.

“Well then are you busy today?” I bit my lip.

“Actually, my friends just came over. But if you want, you can come meet them?” I suggested. He shrugged.

“If that’s okay with them.” Will smiled and I shrugged before nodding and letting him walk through.

“Guys, this is Will. Will, these are the guys. That’s Haley, Chaz, Ryan, Collin, and Justin.” I pointed them all out.

“Nice to meet you all.” Will smiled and waved and everyone else just sat there. I raised my eyebrows and gestured for them to do something but no one did.

“Nice to meet you too.” Haley came up to smile and shake his hand. I gave her a grateful look before turning to the guys and glaring at them. They all just shrugged it off and I rolled my eyes.

“Well now that you’ve met everyone, I’ll walk you out.”

“Thanks.” Will smiled and we walked back onto the porch. “Well that was awkward.” He mumbled and I nodded.

“Sorry, the guys aren’t usually that rude.” Will nodded and shrugged.

“It’s cool. So anyway, how bout tomorrow?”

“What bout tomorrow?” I asked confused. Will chuckled.

“Our date.” Will smirked and I ‘ohh’ed.

“Yeah, sounds cool.”

“Sweet, I’ll be over around…5? Yeah, 5.” I nodded with a smile and Will kissed my cheek before walking back to his house.

“What was that?” I asked once I got back in the house.

“We don’t like him.” Chaz stated bluntly and I rolled my eyes.

“You don’t even know him.”

“And you do?” Collin countered and I glared.

“What’s your guys’ problem? You’ve been acting like freaks for like 2 days and now you’re being assholes.”

“We’re sorry, okay? We didn’t mean it. Chaz just has a bad vibe. We wont say anything else bout your new boyfriend.” Justin said.

“He’s not my boyfriend.” I mumbled, but I doubt anyone heard me. “Okay, so what are we doing today then?”

We all hung out like nothing ever happened and just had fun for the rest of the day. I woke up the next day and got dressed for my date. That was almost weird to say. Date. With Will. Yeah, it’s still weird.

Will took me to some super expensive restaurant and told me to get whatever. I tried to find the cheapest thing on the menu and it was a salad for 17 bucks. 17! And it was a salad! I felt guilty when I got the $26 dollar steak but it went away when I saw Will throw a 100 dollar bill on the table effortlessly by the end of the meal.

After dinner, he walked me home and kissed me goodnight. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I said okay. I don’t know why but I almost felt bad when I said yes, like I was betraying something.

Or someone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if I've been taking forever but I feel like nobody likes my story and it's just getting boring : ( I started 2 new ones but I'm debating on wether or not I actually wanna put them up. Lemme know whatcha think!