I Ain't Waiting For The World To Change

Chapter Twenty

„I need some heeeelp,“ I yelled desperate. I stood in front of Vengeance Manor and had a huge plate with a huge cake on it in my hand. I couldn't pass as my dress was huge and with the plate in my hand I would only risk that I would drop the cake, if I try to get through this door.

I stood there for three more minutes. „HEEEEEEEEEEEELP,“ I yelled again. Finally after some more minutes Zacky got to the door.

„Why didn't you just come in?“ he asked.

„Well yeah, thanks that you stood half of the day in the kitchen to get me this super cool cake, Kim. You're welcome, Zacky. And thanks that you took the cake so I can enter the house,“ I finished my monologue.

„Sorry, not the best day. Gena and I had a huge fight,“ he said and took the cake.

„It's okay,“ I said and followed him inside the house. I had to push my dress through, but finally I managed it.

„This looks really awesome,“ Zacky said and inspected the cake. I had made it a bit bigger than usually and I had to admit I was a bit proud of it.

„Thanks,“ I said. „So, where is birthday girl?“ I asked and took a look through the decorated room. I had to admit I was pretty impressed by this.

“She's still in the bedroom. You know where it is,” Zacky said and disappeared. I didn't get the chance to ask him, why he was dressed as a circus director, but whatever. I walked to the master bedroom and knocked at the door.

“What do you want, Zacky?” I heard Gena's annoyed voice.

“Don't know what he wants, but I just want to cheer up birthday girl,” I said with a little smile on my face.

“Wait a moment,” I heard her response and a minute later she opened the door and looked wide eyed at me.

“Happy Birthday, Honey,” I said and opened my arms to embrace her.

“Aw, thanks, Sweetie. You look stunning by the way. I almost didn't notice you,” she said and stepped back so she had a better look at me and I did the same. While I wore the red Alice-In-Wonderland-I-Won't-Get-Through-A-Door-Without-Help-Dress she wore a short artist costume which fitted Zacky's choice. “Come in,” she said and dragged me in the room, while she worked at her hair.

An hour later I was back in the living room and listened to Zacky's point of view. Gosh I swear I was so tired of it! They fought 'bout nothing, but both were too stubborn to apologize. I regret that I was here so early. I walked right to the stereo system, grabbed a CD, took a look at it and pressed play.

“You listen to The Misfits?” Zacky asked stunned.

“Sometimes,” I said and was glad I had distracted him. Right then the doorbell rang. “Why do they use the doorbell? It's a fuckin' party and I won't run to the door all evening,” Zacky said and rolled his eyes.

“Maybe there are some kids who want candy?” I suggested. And right, I heard the sweet 'Trick or Treat' from the front door and smiled to myself. Cassie is doing the same thing right now and I was sad that I couldn't do this with her. It's not that I don’t love her anymore, I absolutely adored this little kid, but I had to live my life and maybe she was a little bit too attached to me.

After some time Gena joined me while I was sitting on the couch and listened to music, while Zacky was still at the door. It was getting dark outside and the first party people arrived. I wondered that it weren't my band mates and their girls, but I had some fun with other people. I was deep in a conversation with Zacky's sister Zina and his brother Matty, so I didn't noticed the door anymore.

“So, still no boyfriend, Kay?” Matty asked and slung an arm around my shoulder.

“Well, actually I'm dating someone,” I said and avoided his question.

“So who is it, when you're here on your own?” I got kind of nervous and Zina seemed to notice that. “Let the poor girl alone, if she doesn't want to tell you,” she said and gave me a sympathetic smile which I returned.

“Right, Frankenstein, leave it alone and get me something to drink,” I said with a wink. “And don't forget your lovely sister,” Zina added and winked at me.

Matty toddled off and we chuckled a bit. “So where are the others? It's kind of odd seeing you without them,” she asked.

“I don't know. Believe it or not, it even feels kind of odd not being with them every single minute after a year now,” I said honestly. Right then I heard some loud noises and looked at the door where Matt, Val, Brian and Michelle entered the house. “Speaking of the devil,” Zina murmured and I chuckled as Syn was dressed as a devil. I waved at them and they walked right to Gena to congratulate her. I wondered where Johnny was, but shrugged it off.

After some time Michelle and Val joined our conversation. “Oh, see who's finally there,” Michelle said and hit me with her elbow so I turned my head and saw that Johnny finally arrived. He had Frankenstein's bride at his arms and it took me some time to recognize that this was Tracey.

“So you won't greet your man?” Michelle whispered in my ear.
“Not yet, later,” I whispered back.

“Oh yeah, I forgot the part that you want to keep your relationship a secret,” she went on.

“It's not a relationship, we're just dating.”

“Sure, whatever you say,” she said annoyed. Val looked curious at my direction to see what would happen now. To be honest – I had no clue how to great him! Sure we had said we wouldn't keep it a secret with our families, but here were too many people I don't know.

“I'm going to greet the guys,” I said and left the women and went through the huge room to get to my band mates which stood next to the stereo system.

“How are my men?” I asked and slung an arm around Matt's shoulder and one around Brian, so I had to stand on my toes as they were taller than me.

“We're fine, how're you?” Matt answered and Brian let out a low whistle as he took a look at me.

“That was you? I wondered with whom Michelle was talking to, I didn't recognize you without your purple hair.”

“Yeah that was me, I had pinned it up as it doesn't fit my outfit.”

“Have you seen Johnny?” Zacky asked while he was at the system and put a CD in it.

“He has just arrived, haven't had the chance to greet him.”

“I'm pretty sure when he sees you, he won't let go of you,” Brian said and winked at me.

“Oh shut up,” I said and hit his chest playfully.

“Don't you dare to do that with the devil,” he said, but right at that moment I recognized 'Last Caress' from the Misfits and screamed the first sentence. Zacky looked surprised at my direction. It was a hell of a crazy song, but I loved it.

“A girl who listens to 'The Misfits'?” Matt Berry asked who just reached the group. Zacky grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the middle of the room. “What you're doin'?” I asked him confused.

“Dancing of course,” he answered and grabbed my hip and pulled me towards him.

“You're doing a slow dance to that music?” I asked confused, but moved my body.

“Why not, but wait it's my Halloween mix,” he said and after that song I heard the noise of a clock running through the speakers. I couldn't figure out what song that was, until I heard the familiar quote. “I swear I haven't known as whom you'll be here today when I put it on that CD,” he said and I smirked as I listened to 'Her Name Is Alice'. Zacky sang along the song and I couldn't stop laughing. Maybe I had forced them to watch the movie the one or another time.

“You know, that we're the only one dancing?” I asked him after I had finally stopped laughing.

“That's just, 'cause the other ones are such losers,” he whispered in my ear and I started laughing again. “And I couldn't find Gena, so I had to dance with you.”

“Wow, that hurts,” I said and grabbed my heart.

“Oh calm down, you'll live. By the way, Johnny is staring at you and his jaw had hit the floor,” he said and turned me around so I could see what he meant. And he was right he was staring at me with wide eyes. “So after that song I'm searching for my wife, so she won't be pissed that I had danced with you.”

“Yay, thanks for that,” I chuckled again and then the song stopped and he let go of me. “I'll help you,” he said and grabbed my arm, brought me to Johnny and said loudly “Here, take care of her,” and disappeared.

“What's with him today?” I asked confused and took a look at Johnny. “So, please tell me you won't harm me, Mr. Krueger,” I chuckled.

“No, no you're save,” Johnny finally said. “You look amazing,” he said and his eyes roamed my body.

“Thanks, Mister. I'm guessing we're watched,” I assumed. His eyes finally left my body and he looked behind me.

“Yep, definitely,” he confirmed. “How long have you been here? I was at your house and wanted to catch you, but you had already left.”

“Since six,” I groaned. “And then I had to listen to Gena and Zacky's point of view why they had argued. You came with Tracey I saw?”

“Yeah, we kind of met in front of the house. Did I tell you, that you look beautiful tonight?”

“You mentioned it not a minute ago,” I smirked at him.

“Well I would like to show you quick, how attractive you're today,” he said and made a step towards me.

“I doubt my dress would prevent us from doing that and I don’t look forward getting hurt by this claw,” I said and pointed at his hand.

“You're so no fun,” he pouted and I laughed. Gosh, I just wanted to put my head forward and kiss his lips. Why had I been the one who suggested, that we shouldn't tell people we're dating? “But maybe later at your place,” I whispered in his ear.

“Hey Kay,” Tracey said and bent forward to embrace me.

“Hey Tracey, you look great,” I said. “How are you? Long time no see.”

“I'm fine. And we'll see each other more the next weeks,” she said and I raised an eyebrow. “I'm coming to tour with you guys,” she explained. “I didn't have a job and I thought it would be kind of fun going with you guys, exploring the world,” she said and I smiled at her. I didn't have a problem with her to come, but it would be nice if somebody had said something.

“That'll be cool,” I assumed her. “So, I guess it's time for a birthday song, see you soon,” she said and disappeared.

“Sorry, I wanted to tell you sooner but I kind of forgot it. She'll work at the merch boots for that time,” Johnny said and had a guilty expression on his face.

“It's okay. Come on, they'll cut the cake,” I said, grabbed his hand and dragged him towards the crowd. When we reached the other people I let his hand drop.

“Hey Christ, you know who Kim’s dating? She won't tell me,” Matty asked my date.

“Uhm no, sorry. She won't tell since the last accident,” Johnny shrugged his shoulders but I saw the hurt in his eyes.

“We'll figure it out, man. If she's dating someone,” he said and looked at me meaningful while the others started singing Happy Birthday.

-x-

“Babe, you're looking fine. And you know, my mom already knows you,” Johnny said while I brushed my hair.

“I know, I know,” I said and put the brush away. “Ready when you are.”

“I was ready five minutes ago,” he said and bent down to kiss me. I didn't let go and kissed him back and moaned slightly. “Babe, I think we have to go now,” I mumbled into the kiss. He moaned when I broke the kiss. “We have to drive to my apartment and pick up the cake,” I told him, while I walked downstairs.

“What flavor?” he asked and closed the door behind him, while I walked to his car.

“Chocolate,” I answered and saw a huge smile plastered on his face as he walked to the car. The drive to my apartment didn't take long and as soon as I was out of the car and walked up the stairs. I could hear my dog behind the door.

“It's okay, Nap. Mommy's home,” I said while I unlocked the door and entered my apartment. Nap has grown so much and he jumped at me. I patted him, walked straight to the kitchen and grabbed the cake before I left with my dog at my side.

We sat in the car and didn't talk that much before we arrived at Joanna's house. Johnny pressed the bell and opened the door at the same time. “Mom, we're here,” he yelled. Nap wanted to run into the house but I stopped him.

“Jonathan you're late,” she blamed him. “Hey Kimberley, nice seeing you again. Oh and Napoleon is also here,” a smile plastered her face.

“Just Kim, Joanna, please,” I said. “I hope it was okay that I brought him along with me?”

“Sure, he's welcome here anytime. Such a sweet dog. Where's Peanut?” she looked at her son who had a confused expression. “What, you don't answer your mom anymore?”

“Uhm when did the two of you got so close?” he asked confused. We both laughed.

“Well I have an important question for the beginning. Please tell me I'm not going to be a grandmother right now,” she said worried and Johnny and I changed confused glances.

“No, Mom, why would you think that?”

“I saw some pictures from the two of you in the internet. You were in a shop with things for babies and they speculated if you're dating and if there's a little baby on its way,” she said and pointed at my stomach.

“Gosh no. A friend of mine is pregnant and I took Johnny with me so we could shop for her baby. Don't worry I'm not pregnant and I'm not going to change that soon,” I reassured her. I hadn't noticed that there was someone who had taken pictures. I thought we had to be more careful now. We definitely had to talk about that later! But I thought about my manners. “I brought a cake, hope that's okay for you,” I said and held up the plate with the cake.

“Sure, come into the kitchen with me, honey. Jonathan, get your brother, we'll eat soon,” she said and Johnny growled and mumbled something including fat ass. “I can't wait to taste your cake, my son won't shut up 'bout how great your cakes were,” she said and I was sure I blushed a bit. “You can put it down here. Maybe you can help me to set the table?”

“Sure, just tell me where everything is.” By time the table was set and I yelled for the guys.

“Hey Kay,” Johnny's older brother greeted me.

“Hey Adam, everything alright?”

“Always. How you're doin', beautiful?”

“Stop hitting on her,” Johnny said and hit his brother’s arm. I rolled my eyes and his mom chuckled.

“Sit down and behave guys, or she'll think I have raised you without manners,” she said.

“She lived with him, I'm pretty sure she got used to it,” Adam said with food in his mouth.

“Stop embarrassing me,” Johnny said and hit the same spot again.

“Wait until we showed her your baby pictures,” he said and I chuckled.

“Can't wait for it,” I said while Johnny complained 'bout his brother.

“Remember me never bringing you here again,” Johnny mumbled in my direction.

“I think it's quiet amusing,” I said and took a bit of the food.

“And I like having a girl here. So how does it come you never bring a girl here, Adam?” Joanna asked. This was way better than a sitcom! As long as they wouldn't involve me. I watched as they threw comments at each other and laughed my ass off.

I had to admit Joanna was pretty cool. And I thought I saw that she was feeding Nap secretly under the table. “So I would die for a piece of cake, now,” Joanna finally said when we collected the thing from the table.

“You baked?” Adam asked and licked his lips.

“Would you please stop hitting on her?” Johnny asked annoyed.

“What? I just asked if she had baked,” he defended himself.

“Please tell me we didn't scare you away,” Joanna said as we were alone in the kitchen.

“No way, I like it here,” I said and meant it. We cut the cake and brought it into the living room. I swear Johnny killed his brother with his glances when he wouldn't stop moaning while he ate the cake.

“Please stop scaring the little girl, or she won't come back and I'm stuck with your crazy ass,” Joanna finally said. “Come I show you some pictures,” she said and grabbed my hand.

We sat down on the couch and were soon joined by the guys. “Please Mom, don't,” Johnny begged and sat down next to me.

“Aw come on, don't steal the fun,” I said and patted his leg. Come on, be honest. Baby photos are so cute and they can't be embarrassing! I wish I could have said that about his high school picture. I swear I was on the ground and I couldn't stop laughing. “What? You...wanted...to...look...like....Joan......Jett?” I finally managed to say between laughs. Adam was laughing also and Johnny didn't look too amused.

“Thanks for that, Mom,” he spat out and I cracked up laughing again.

“If I would have known you in high school be sure, I wouldn't have dated you,” I said and sat down on the couch again.

“Maybe I wouldn't have wanted you either,” he said and stuck out his tongue.

“You would have,” we said all together and laughed again.