I Ain't Waiting For The World To Change

Chapter Twenty-One

„There you finally are,“ Matt said and I rolled my eyes when I entered the room where the band and Larry sat.
„We're on time, so don't complain,“ I said and sat down next to Zacky, while Johnny took the chair next to me.
“So how was yesterday?” he asked and I knew he asked because I had told him I was nervous about meeting Johnny's family. A wide smile was now seen on my face and I was pretty sure Johnny rolled his eyes.

“Can't we finally get over with this?”
“Sure,” Larry said and switched into business mode. He told us about upcoming gigs and interviews and so on. We were here almost an hour when he told us that he had an offer for me, but he wanted to talk to me alone.
“What?” I asked confused and raised an eyebrow. “You can tell me while the guys are still here.”

“I would prefer to talk to you alone, so if you would excuse us?” Larry asked and made a hand move to show them to leave the room. Curious they left the room and when there was only our manager and me, I took the seat next to him.
“So, what's up?” I asked while he searched for the right papers in his folder.
“I would like to tell you the offer and tell you my opinion, before you decide what you do,” he said and waited for me to nod before he continued. “A magazine wants to take a photo shoot with you,” he said and took some magazines out of his folder and put them on the table. I raised an eyebrow when I saw the covers. There were woman – who were barely dressed. “It's a magazine for men and they wanted to take something like this,” he pointed at one of the magazines. “You would be only wearing jeans and would cover your breasts with your hands. I will not lie they'll pay a lot of money. It's your decision, but as your manager I have to say that...” I didn't let him finish.

“I won't do it,” I said and he looked at me.
“And why's that?” he asked.
“Well there's the obvious point that my shoulder isn't that pretty at the moment and a part of my tattoo is missing, so nobody wants to see that. And well... I know you're the one who understands this. I don't want to be on the magazine 'cause I don't want men staring at me while they... you know what, don't let me finish this sentence. It's what I tell you since I'm in the band. I want to be a drummer and I want that people see me as that. Nothing more, just Kim. And I doubt the guys got offers like that – undressing for a magazine.”

“I knew you would deny it and I'm glad you did. I think this is the way to go, it would possibly harm the band. And I don't know if Johnny would be so fond of this photo shoot,” he said with a smirk on his face.
“While we're at this I have to ask you something. See, I was at Johnny's mom yesterday and she was worried I was pregnant,” I began.
“What?” Larry almost screamed and his eyes were about to pop out. I was surprised as Larry was always calm and I never have seen him so upset.

“I'm not pregnant, don't worry. She had seen some pictures of me and Johnny in a baby shop on the internet. We were shopping for a friend of mine who'll get a kid,” I explained.
“And, the problem is for you?”
“That I don't want the people to know we're dating. We're not even a couple yet and… you know, this should be something between us,” I explained.
“Okay, I'll think about that. We'll see what we can do, but maybe you shouldn't let yourself seen on a date,” he suggested. “And well, while we're at that topic, I have to ask. I never had this problem before as there were only guys here, but you don't want to become a mother soon, do you?” he asked.

“No, I think I'm a bit too young for that,” I said slowly.
“Thank god, 'cause if you would get pregnant I had to cancel tours and stuff like that,” he babbled.
“Calm down, that's not going to happen,” I laughed and put my hand on his arm.
“Thank god,” he mumbled again and the door opened and Brian put his head inside. “Everything okay?” he asked and Larry told them they could come inside again.

“Hot,” Zacky said and grabbed one of the magazines which still lay on the table. Larry and I exchanged a glance but didn't say a word. “So well, if you don't have anything else that was all I had on my agenda,” Larry said and closed his maps. We all shook our heads. “Alright then what do you think about dinner? I'm starving,” Larry said and looked at all of us. “I'll pay for the first round,” he added and we all cheered. We all walked towards the door of the room when Matt asked while there were these magazines on the table.

“Oh, Kay got an offer from them,” Larry said and left the room. I glanced at the back of his head while the guys all looked at me.
“What? I refused it,” I said and followed Larry. “Hey Larry, you'll give me a ride,” I yelled and walked faster to catch him.
“Why you're not driving with Johnny?” He asked when I was next to him.

“He sang along the radio,” I said and rolled with my eyes. Larry laughed out loud and laughed all the way while we went through the corridors towards the cars. “See you at Daysie’s,” he yelled before he opened the doors and I got inside the car. It wasn't a long drive and I made some small talk with our manager while we drove towards the diner. As every time Matt was already there and was sitting at a table which would fit our group. I was about to sit down when I saw someone I knew from the corner of my eyes. I walked towards the table. “JB?” I asked and he finally looked at me and I was sure there was a hint of red on his face right now.

“Hey Kay, what you're doing here? I thought you had a meeting today,” he asked.
“Yeah we had, but we decided to dinner together,” I said and then realized that he wasn't alone. I took a quick glance and realized he was here with a girl. Stupid me, I should have looked before I went here straight ahead. “I'm sorry I interrupted anything,” I said and took a look at the girl’s face. She was looking at me with her big brown eyes and had a little smile on her face. Her hair was chocolate brown and straight – I guessed she had spent some time with a straightener.

“Uhm sorry. Jess that's Kay, you can say I work for her and Kay that's Jess, my..”
“Nice to meet you, Jess,” I said fast before it would be awkward when JB didn't came up fast enough with an explanation who she was.
“Pleasure's all mine. I'm pretty impressed by your work,” she said and I smiled at her.
“Thanks, nice to hear. So I won't interrupt anymore I think my boys are waiting for me,” I said and quickly looked over my shoulder to see all of the others staring at us. “Hope seeing you again and we'll see us tomorrow, JB. Have a nice evening,” I said and winked at them before I turned around and sat down between Larry and Zacky.

“Who's that?” they asked as soon as I sat down.
“Stop staring I bet you scare her away. I think she's his date and she's actually pretty nice,” I said and grabbed a menu.
“And hot,” Brian said.
“I told you to stop staring,” I said again and shoot daggers at him.

“May I take your order?” A waitress came and didn't look up from the paper in her hand. They all took some non alcoholic while I ordered a beer – I mean I wasn't driving home. Not my problem that they all came with their own cars.
“Think of the baby, babe,” Johnny said without looking up from his menu when the waitress had left.
“Thanks for that,” I mumbled while I got shocked glances from the others. So within 24 hours I had to tell them the same thing again.

“What's so difficult?” Zacky asked and waited until the waitress had brought our food order and left before he went on. “Just let yourself see with somebody else.” He took a sip from his drink. I was deep in thoughts. Well that wasn't the worst idea, but there weren't that many people who could go out with us, as they had to know about Johnny and me. “And I think I have the perfect person,” Zacky said and took a long sip from his drink to made it more dramatic.
“Spit it out, man,” Matt finally said.

“So who'll go out on tour with us soon? Who likes him? Who knows him long enough to be trusted with the secret? Who...” Zacky was about to go on and on with his list when Johnny interrupted him.
“Tracey,” Johnny said and all eyes were on him now.
“Exactly,” Zacky said and leaned back in his chair – clearly proud of himself.
“Maybe that's not the worst idea,” Larry said thoughtful while our food arrived. “It's like the same thing they did to you, you wouldn't provoke something and wouldn't deny something. Better than an interview or something like that.”

I nibbled on a french fry and thought about this whole thing when I saw a movement towards me from the corner of my eyes. I turned my head and saw JB in front of me. “You have to do me a favor. Go to the ladies and ask Jess what she thinks of me,” he said fast.
“What? I can't go to the toilet and talk to her,” I said bewildered.
“Right, she would leave when you came out of the cabin,” he said thoughtful.
“Dude, I'm trying to eat here,” Larry said. And then it happened too fast that I didn't recognize at first that JB had the bottle of Mayonnaise in his hands and put it on my jeans.
“You fucker,” I screamed and looked at him. I couldn't believe what he just did.

“Now go clean yourself,” he said.
“You owe me so big, fucker,” I said and grabbed another fry before I walked towards the restroom. Gosh, is he crazy? I mean he kind of ruined my pants just to see what this girl is thinking. Well if I thought about it, I had to admit it was kind of sweet that he was so eager of her reaction.
I stepped into the restroom and looked around but couldn't see her. I stepped towards the washbasin and tried to get rid of the white substance on my shorts.

“You okay?” I heard a voice behind me and saw in the mirror that Jess stood behind me.
“Yeah, one of the guys accidentally dropped some Mayonnaise on my clothes,” I said and grabbed a paper towel to rub it away.
“You'll just make it worse,” she said. “Let it dry and put it in the wash machine as soon as you get home,” was her advice. She looked at me and a smile spread over her face. “Not to sound rude, but it looks a bit...,” she chuckled so her last words drown down by the noise. I looked down and had to admit she was right – it looked a bit like... well you know. What would you think if you saw some white spot on the shorts of some girl?

“Like someone was too excited to see me,” I finally said and she burst out into laughter.
“I'm so sorry, but...,” she laughed so hard she couldn't finish her sentence and I joined in her laughter. This was my time so I decided I should go forward with it.
“So, how is your evening going?” I tried it.
“Good, he's so fun. And he's cute when he's so excited when he talks about your band and stuff like that. Oh but, he won't tell any secrets or so, don't worry,” she said and with the last words she mumbled so fast it was hard to understand anything.

“It's okay, I know he won't talk about intern stuff. I know him a year now and he really is a good guy,” I said and tried not to think about the Mayonnaise on my clothes. Well except from that I really do like him and that's why I stood here in the middle of the bathroom and were talking to a girl I didn't know. Awkwardly we walked together to the door and stood outside.

“Well, watch that nobody gets too excited again,” she joked and I glared playfully at her while she smiled shyly. We walked separately to our tables and I avoided JB's table from now on.
“Hey, who ate all of my fries?” I asked and stared at my plate where only my burger laid. I searched if I could grab some fries from the other plates but there weren't any. Angry I ate my burger while the others discussed if they should call Tracey and ask her. “I want some fries, somebody should grab me some,” I said finally when I almost finished my burger.
“You sure, there is enough room for them?” Zacky asked and poked my stomach.
“Stop that,” I complained. I looked down on my black shorts and realized now as the spot was about to dry it looked really bad. I saw that Johnny ordered something and I really hoped it was fries.

“Night, guys,” I said and turned around to walk towards Johnny's car. He still talked with the guys and I waited for him to join me so I could sit down in the warm car. Finally he joined me and I sat down on my seat.
“So, would you be okay with the whole Tracey thing?” he asked when we were alone.
“Sure, if she agrees to that thing I don't see the problem in that. I like her and I have no problem with explaining the whole situation to her. So if that will work I would be really satisfied.”

“I know other ways to do so,” Johnny said and I had thought of that before speaking such a sentence.
“Just drive me home,” I smirked.
“Whatever m'lady wants,” he said in a terrible British accent and I tried to ignore my beating heart when he said I was his lady. “You could sleep at my place, you know that,” he offered after a while.
“I think I should use my apartment sometimes. And we would have to stop there also as Nap is there all by himself. And I totally have to do my laundry, this is my last pair of shorts,” I said and pointed at the terrible spot.

“You could do mine also,” he said.
“Dream on.”
“The only thing I dream of is you,” he said and I looked at him in disbelieve.
“Gosh, that was terrible trashy. I think I need to throw up,” I said and he started to laugh. “That's my girl,” I thought I heard him say but wasn't so sure. It didn't take us long to arrive at my apartment block.

“I think I'll see you tomorrow,” he said and we both bent forward to give us a goodbye kiss. It got a little bit heated and we both needed some air when we parted. “See you tomorrow,” I confirmed and bent forward to kiss his lips again. I got out of the car and shivered a little bit, and grabbed my keys to get inside the warm house. I had to go out again to take a little walk with Nap, doin' my laundry and then I would call it a night.

-x-

“Hey,” I mumbled when I walked into the studio. I got some mumbled responses from the guys, who were also not really awake at that time.
“Good morning, sunshine! Coffee?” I heard a loud and happy voice. I saw JB with a big smile on his face right before me. He had a coffee cup in his hands, which I grateful took.
“It’ll take you more than a coffee to make up for that,” I grumbled and burned my tongue ‘cause the coffee was hotter than I thought.

“I know, I know and I think I made it already up for that. But tell me what she said and I’ll show you,” he said and shoved me towards a chair. I could hear the laughs of the others while they watched us.
“She seems like a nice girl and she told me she had enjoyed her evening with you and that you’re… Oh I’m a bit hungry I just realized,” I changed the topic.
“She said?” JB asked curious.

“Maybe I’ll remember when I got a bagel,” I said.
“You’re a tease,” JB mumbled and got up to get me something to eat.
“That’s what he said.”
“Babe,” Johnny complained from the end of the room about my sentence. I just ignored him and smiled at my breakfast which was just arriving.
“Hey, I also want some, JB,” Zacky complained.
“Get yourself something,” he mumbled and wanted more information from me.

“’I also need boobs,” Zacky said and I cracked up laughing. How could I have lived without these crazy asses?
“So she said what?” JB didn't let drop the topic.
“Thatyouveaeweet,” I said and tried not to let bits of my bagel fall of my mouth.
“What?” He asked confused.
I swallowed my food and told him again, that she thought he was sweet. A big smile was plastered on his face. “And she has a great sense of humor,” I assured him.

“Yeah, I noticed that,” he said and smiled at me.
“I'm huuuungry,” we heard Zacky and both rolled our eyes and ignored him. That was until he came towards me and snapped half of my Bagel. “Hey,” I complained and looked at the little bit left over in my hand. “So what do you wanted to show me?”
“Oh yeah, where's the drum roll?” he asked as a joke but we both turned around with our eyes wide for shock when we heard someone behind the drums, trying to play them.

“Shadz, I give you three seconds to get off my drums,” I said while JB told him he should go the fuck away.
“Calm down, it's not like I ruined them,” he said with a pout on his face.
“Sounded like it,” JB said and I nodded in agreement. “Imagine the drum roll,” he said and pulled his T-Shirt over his head.
“Whoa, who said I wanted a striptease?” I held my hands before my eyes, while the guys laughed.

“Jesus fuckin' Christ,” I heard Johnny mumble and peeked through my hands. JB had his back right in front of me and I looked at his tattooed back.
“Oh my gosh,” I said and blinked a few times to make sure, that this was real. “Is that me?” I asked in awe and stared at his back.
“You like it? You know I have all my family on me, so I thought it was about time that your pretty face get its place,” he said and I was about to cry. No joke, I was about to cry. “What do you say?” he asked when I haven't said a word.

“It's... I...,” my voice broke and he turned around to see the look on my face.
“Are you gonna cry?” he asked shocked.
“No,” I said tearful and turned my head.
“How cute, never thought I would see this,” he said and wrapped his big arms around my torso.

“Oh shut up,” I mumbled into his chest and a tear escaped my eyes. “You're a big softie, and I also love you.” I hugged him back and overheard the stupid comments from the guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello guys :) *wave*
So 2 weeks have passed and here's the new chapter. I have a new job and it's pretty different from my last one. I have to get up at 4 a.m. and get home pretty late and then I'm mostly out like a light. I try to write on this story (don't worry, I have five more saved on my computer so you don't have to stop uploading). But I haven't gotten any comments in a few chapters. I don't like to beg for them, but getting some would motivate me for writing more, so maybe I would upload sooner.
Next chapter will be online on 3/2/12. If this is too long for you, I have uploaded some OneShot's some weeks ago :) Check them out :)

PS: And I have to say: I really do like the scene where Jess appeared - it made me laugh like an idiot