Broken Hearted

Heart-to-Heart

Luke and my worlds are so far apart. Standing in front of his mansion, with acres of land surrounding, its hard to believe that he would fall for a girl from a run down neighbour hood with a small two bed, council house, which was hard to keep prime with all the litter being thrown over the fence. And yet that's one of the things that drew my attention to him. He liked me for who I am not what I am.
He had invited my friends and family around to his for the evening. And in all honesty I was dreading it. His parent were quite posh considering my up bringing however his parents had never been horrible to me. In fact they hadn't been anything towards me. Which made this evening even more daunting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey! I'm glad you come" Luke said rather excited as he wrapped his arms around me kissing my neck slightly, giving me goose bumps even though alarm bells started ringing. As we entered the living room it was full of his family, Our friends and my mum and dad. Luke stood looking slightly nervous yet excited at the same time.

"I've passed all my fitness tests and they should be sending me out to Afghanistan in a couple of weeks." He said with a huge grin spread across his face.

There was a sudden commotion all around. My friends and family congratulating him while I stayed frozen where I stood almost in tears. His parents looks about as pleased as I did yet they hid their feelings better. His mother walked over to me, pulling me out of the room.

"I know this is hard. I don't want him out there any more than you." She hissed. " But make an effort girl! He's doing something good with his life."

" He could......He could die! Don't you see. I don't want to lose him!"

"Your scared that he will kick you to the curb where you belong more like! You belong in the gutter!" She hissed once more with venom in her voice. " My only wish is that he meets a better women out there. A soldier. Someone who belongs in a family like ours. Not some cheap trash like you!" She spun around to strut back into the room when I grabbed hold of her and spun her back to face me.

"Don't you see I love him." I almost growled.

"You don't know the meaning of love...."

"Shut up and listen you stuck up hag! You have never like me from the moment I started dating your son. Well guess what. I don't care. I love him more than you would ever know. He means everything to me." My voice was getting louder with each word, drawing attention from the people in the other room. " You think your better than me and maybe you are. You may have the big house and the flash cars. You may have the money but money wont buy you happiness. Yes Luke could do better than a poor worthless bitch like me and if he kicks me to the curb as you say then I will leave him be. But at the moment. I. LOVE. HIM. And nothing you say will change that." My voice had now risen so loud our little dispute had drawn a crowd. " And further more he loves me too. And if you loved your son as much as you say you would be happy that he is happy with me!"

"You bitch!" And with that she raised her hand, slapping me across my face in front of everyone from the other room who had come out to see what was happening. The whole hall way was filled with gasps.

"Eliza....What have you done!" came Mr.Tuckers shocked voice.

" Your out of order mum." said Luke wrapping his arms around my waist. Shrugging out of his embrace I walked from the house. Once outside tears streamed down my face. I ran, not knowing where I was going, just knowing that I had to leave that place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ended up sitting on a bench in the park. Before I knew what I was doing I was sobbing. Words just floated into my mind. Phrases Mrs.Tucker had thrown at me, 'Your not good enough' , 'Your cheap trash' , 'He'll find someone worthy.' They kept going round and round my head.

"Sarah? Sarah its raining.....Your soaked through, You've been here hours. Just come with me to the car. Its warm in there." I felt Luke drape his jacket over me. Until then I hadn't realises how cold I was. I hadn't even realised it had been raining.

"I'm not good enough for you." I stated not even moving from the bench.

"Don't be stupid! Ignore my mum."

"She's right though." I persisted. " You have money. Lots of it. Your dad runs his own businesses. You live in a huge house, have three cars and horses. What do I have? One old crappy car, My mum waits on tables my dads a road sweeper and a cramped house which we can only just afford. Why are you with me? You could have so much better."

" Money and cars mean nothing with out love, Sarah. I. LOVE. YOU. Always will and what my mother fails to realise is how lucky and happy I am with you. Now stop being silly and kiss me would you!"

And with that he pressed his lips to mine with a certain determination to prove he meant what he had said and at that moment I could have been anywhere it didn't matter. I was with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY!!!! I know its been ages but I've been really busy with AS essays and if you dont know what they are dw' yeah would appreciate comments please thanks!! xD xx