Broken Hearted

Three months later

"Sarah this is crazy. You've practically starved yourself for three months! What's wrong with you?" My mum had complained about my zombie state regularly for two months now. It was obvious the answer was going to change. And as I ate less the less I could tolerate the smell of my favourite foods.

"Dont worry bout it mum. I'll buy lunch today. Promise." Of course she and I knew this wouldnt happen. Even Kenny was getting worried.

As per usual I would keep the table as Kenny and Liam would buy food and would re-read the latest letter I had received this morning. As Kenny sat I caught the waft of bacon and eggs which is when I had to bolt to the toilets. As I unlocked the cubical Kenny stood there with a bottle of water and a chewing gum and a concerned look on her face.

"If I didnt know better I'd say you were pregnant."

"Dont be daft Kenny" I scoffed

"I know I know" she laughed "You wouldnt be so stupid not to use a condom." With that I froze and looked at her in the mirror. Her eye scrutinised my reaction carefully.

"You did you something right?" I watched as my silence dawned on her. "Sarah! You idiot. How could you not use something?!"

"We did. Most of the time. It was only once or twice we didnt. I cant be pregnant. You're overreacting."

"Am I? Then why do you look like you have seen a ghost? When was you're last period?" Now she had me. I had to really think about it.

"Two week before...he left." I whispered. Praying that I was wrong. I cant be. I mean it was only a few times.

"Right. You're coming over mine after school and we'll do a test. Dont cry! I cant handle crying" she said hugging me while I stood there silently crying. This couldnt be happening. It just cant be.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I paced around Kenny's room while she kept an ate on her timer.
"Its time." She murmured. Looking at me wearily. I looked down at the stick. There they were. Two red lines. I froze in shock.

"Well? Sarah you're scaring me now."

"Its...um...its positive." I whispered. Still staring at the test. It had to be wrong. It had to be.

"What are you going to do?"

"Theres not much I can do. I'm not getting rid of it. I'm going to have to keep it and tell my mum. Shes going to kill me. And what about the bitch troll! This is a mess!" And again I broke down crying and for once Kenny didnt flee. She just geld me until it was time for me to face the music.