Broken Hearted

The Shock and then the Relief

I sat alone. In the dark. Staring the the empty coffee table
Waiting. I knew I wouldn't have to face my dad since he had taken a second job he was rarely in the house apart from Sundays. Then I heard the noise I had been dreading, a car pulling onto the gravely drive. The crape of the key trying to find the key hole before realising the door wasn't locked. The creek as the door opened and the clatter the keys made as the were discarded onto the table stand in the door way.

"Sarah?" Mum called " are you still up? Its a school night hunny."

"Yeah mum. I'm in here." I called noticing the lack of emotion in my voice. Her head popped around the corner as she switched on the light.

"What you doing in the dark baby?" She asked sitting down on the edge of the coffee table in front of me.

"I don't know." I looked at her knowing I was about to break her heart. Disgust her to the core.

"Baby whats wrong? You know I love you right darling?"

"Don't say that." I sobbed. "You don't know what I am. What I've done."

"Hey now dont say that! I know exactly who you are. You are my beautiful daughter who has made me the proudest mum alive. And unless you have killed someone which I would urge you to go the the police then there is nothing that would make me question that love. And even then I would still love you. Shh don't cry." She held so tight wiping away the tears.

"Mum I'm pregnant. We were stupid and didn't use anything! It was only once or twice we were sensible but...mum what am I going to do. I've screwed up. Please don't hate me. I'm sorry."

"Sweetie. How long have you known."

"Today. After school. Kenny thought I might be and I am."

"Right here is what we are going to do. Tomorrow we are going to the doctors. Then if we can you'll have a scan. If you want to keep it then we'll have to tell your father and then Luke. You do want to keep it I assume?" There was no hint or anger or disappointment in her voice. Which made me cry more. All I could do was nod mutely. "Right then. Go up to bed and sleep. We have a busy day tomorrow." She said then gently kissed my for head. "You have to take care of yourself and the little one now. So breakfast in the morning not butts."
I trudged up stairs to my room unable to believe what just happened. Not only was I pregnant but my mum hadnt kicked me out or screamed and shouted calling me a slut or a whore. I started to cry and couldnt stop all night.
♠ ♠ ♠
two update in two days yay! Updating on my phone so there might be errors. Let me know what you think please pleasr please!!! And there might be another update soon :D