Status: active :)

Untitled

I didnt know Monday mornings could be this good

When I woke up , I was so drowsy I couldn’t see straight. My eyes burned, and I realized that I had fallen asleep in my contacts. I dug through my head trying to hold onto the memory of my dream before it could slip away. It was one of the best dreams I had ever had, I guess what had made it so great was that it felt so real. I dreamed about me and Cody in the car last night, but when our lips brushed, there was no car horn to break us apart, no ex-boyfriend to come and keep us apart, nothing happened just Cody’s lips on mine.
I sighed, a love sigh, I shifted to get out of bed and realized that there were four gigantic bodies laid out on the floor. The one right next to my bed was Cody’s.  I didn’t recognize the others, though, I kicked Cody in the shoulder. “Cody. Psst, Cody.” I whispered. His eyes fluttered opened and closed again. I kicked him one last time and he jolted awake.
“ what the?” he looked up and saw me, “Oh, hey.”
“Ya hey yourself, why are there four guys in my room?”
“Um, all ten of us couldn’t fit in the playroom so some of the guys decided to sleep in here. Austin told me to stay in here to make sure no one tried anything.”
“Oh, ok.” I yawned trying to rub the sleep from my eyes.

“You know you look pretty hot in the morning.” Cody said and I blushed.
“Yeah the fact that I have no cover up on and my hair isn’t brushed is real sexy.”
“Your right, you are.”
“She is what?” Austin appeared in the doorway.
Cody turned and said, “ A frickin loud sleeper! She kept me up all night snoring!”
“Ya she has a tendency to do that.” Austin laughed, “I told you to sleep in Jack’s room man.”
“ Jack yells in his sleep. Face it, you’ve got one loud ass family.”
“That I do, man , that I do. Come on, let’s go get some breakfast.” Austin turned and walked out my door. Cody got up and followed him, but before he was totally out the door he turned and winked at me. I flopped back down on my pillows. Did that just happen? Did a junior just flirt with me? And Cody at that! When we had first moved here I was eight, and had the biggest crush on him. I never in my wildest dreams thought that maybe one day he might like me back.
I decided to go downstairs. When I walked into the kitchen the boys were seated at the breakfast nook shoving a mountain of waffles down their throats. There was a knock on the door and not even one of the boys looked up or made a start to get it. So I went.
I unlocked the door and Kyle was standing there. He looked upset and anxious shaggy blonde hair hung slightly above his eyes. This was unusual because he hated it when it was this long, sometimes it bugged him so much he would cut it himself. “What do you want?” anyone could feel the acid in my voice.
He looked up at me with his big brown eyes. I had fallen for those so many times, he used them to manipulate me, but not this time. He was not getting to me this time I was done with him. “Paige,” he started and it sounded like his voice was shaking.”I’m so sorry. I feel awful, I didn’t realize how lucky was-“
I cut him off,” You should really listen to yourself. You sound so pathetic. You’re right you were damn lucky to have a girl like me and you blew it. You treated me like I was worthless. You know I didn’t find out what you did through facebook , Casey ran up to me trying to console me because everyone else did but I didn’t. You weren’t man enough to say it to my face, and I have no interest in dating a little kid.”
“Paige, please, just let me explain.” I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting for him to go on.”See I was just mad at you because you didn’t want to spend time with me on our anniversary.”
“What?! I called you twelve times that day and you didn’t answer me, not once, or call me back. Then I found out that you went to a concert with your buddies and you never bothered to tell me! I should’ve been the one at you, but I wasn’t I understood the fact that you needed your space.”
“Paige, please Im trying to help us get over this roadblock so we can go back to being happy and in love”
I laughed at loud, how stupid is he?” You think that I would ever consider getting back together with you? Did you know that my brother told me that you would hurt me in the end? Did you also know that I didn’t believe him because I thought that I knew that you really loved me, I was willing to risk that pain because I trusted that you wouldn’t hurt me. Then after dragging me on for a year, you went and hurt me in the worst way possible. You made me feel like a piece of shit! I felt awful and worthless, because of you! You did that to me. So please answer me this, why should I even consider taking you back after you made me feel like that?” I was practically screaming at him and I didn’t care who heard. As I got angrier I felt my face getting hotter and hotter.“Paige I’ve changed.”
“Oh, really you’ve changed, what miraculous epiphany have you had that made you into the man you were supposed to be? “
“I just realized that you’re the girl for me.”
“That might be true, but you are in no way, shape, or form the man for me.” I slammed the door in his face. Along with the banging of the door as it shut, there was the sound of people clapping. I turned and all of the guys were standing by the stairs applauding my performance.
“Wow sis, you really gave it to him.” Austin said stepping out of the group,” Where did all that come from.
“That came from you and dad,” he looked at me weird,” you think after watching you and dad go at each other for my whole life, that I didn’t learn some things.”
“Ha-ha, I guess you would, but what you did there, he might switch schools.”
“Good I don’t want to see his face ever again.”