Status: Done

Never Underestimate Girls

The One and Only Chapter

Holly wiped the sweat off her face with the scratchy, rough material of her Panthers basketball jersey. The clock was ticking down to the last quarter the Panthers were up by 12 but the Eagles were relentless. They were not giving up without a fight Holly’s team wouldn’t expect any less. The Eagles and Panthers had been rivals for years the Panthers had stolen the state title from the Eagles two years and had never relinquished hold of it.

The point guard and Holly’s best friend, Riley, had the ball. She dribbled the ball through her legs and rocketed past her man with ease her nickname was Flash after all. Holly’s man ran to stop the ball Holly seized the moment she cut back door towards the basket. Riley caught Holly’s cut out of the corner of her eye just before Riley met up with Holly’s man. Riley jump stopped and bounce passed the ball to Holly who laid it in the basket softly.

They had no time to celebrate the starting five immediately formed the 1-2-1-1 press. The Eagles broke the press and the Panthers set up in a zone defense. The forward, June, called out “Pick right,” to the shooting guard, Lily who moved around the pick effortlessly.

The other forward, Mindy, shouted to Holly incoming player to the key. The time was ticking there was 4 minutes left in the quarter the Panther’s home crowd clearly thought their team was winning this one. They chanted out “Go Panthers! Goooooooooo Pantherssssssssssssssssss!” The team ignored this they knew never underestimate your opponent it’s the worst thing you could ever do.

The Panther’s coach called a timeout after Holly grabbed the rebound off a horrible attempt at a three point shot. The coach pointed at Riley then Holly “I don’t want any of your show boating you understand. We could have been in trouble if you missed that shot. Riley I told you a million times in this kind of situation we need you to stay at the top of the key. We need you in case they try to make a break for an easy layup you got it, Flash?” The pair nodded in sync regretting their show boating.

They gathered the hands in the middle and screamed “Panthers.” There was less than three minutes the Eagles were still down 14 points. Lily had the ball out top and was dribbling trying to waste time. Lily passed the ball to Riley. Mindy cut to the wing Riley passed her the ball it was hard, sharp, pass but Mindy caught it like it was nothing. There is less than 2 minutes on the clock the Eagles coach waves his arms above his head frantically shouting “Foul them you have to foul them.”

The Eagles sigh they know when they have lost there is one minute left their 12 points behind and the Panthers have the best foul shot record in the state. 30 seconds…20 seconds…10 seconds…5 seconds… Beeeppppppppppp!!!!!!!!! The Panthers have won again the crowd runs onto the floor. They aren’t more than excited the players.

The Panthers girl’s team had just beaten the Eagles boy’s team by 12 points. Boys shouldn’t underestimate their opponents especially if their girls.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it my grammar kind of sucks a little sorry.