Status: Active!

A Tale of Two Hearts

Chapter 1

As every night that you woke up crying because of those memories that had turned in a nightmare; you went to your closet and sat down there, knowing that you wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep because you were afraid of having that dream again… It wouldn’t happen too often but when it did it hurt a lot.

Six years had passed since that day, but it continued being so vivid. You hated it.
It wasn’t the common nightmare that scares you to dead… it was a memory that chased you and made you felt as you were reliving the most painful situation you had ever been through, The day you lost him.
You knew that he would never come back, but you tried to fool yourself and make yourself believe that he was going to. You were still waiting for him.
With your eyes soaking wet, you desperately tried to find the box which contained all the things you kept for so many years, the only things that could make you bring the happy moments back to your head. Every happy moment you lived with Mikey.
You took out that ragged and really old shoe box. It was covered in dust. You opened it and the first thing you found was your Budweiser can-like camera. You smiled remembering how you and Mikey used to adore it.

“I love your camera” he yelped
“I know” You told him, taking a picture of him as he posed for you.
“If someday you can’t find it, don’t blame me… I swear I won’t steal it”
“You love this camera more than you love me” you accused him. Mikey denied your statement moving his head graciously. You just stared at him, motionless.
“Don’t believe me?” He said trying to kiss you. You moved your face so he kissed your cheek.
“ I am gonna steal you then”


Behind the camera, you found the picture. You took it in your hands and looked at it carefully. You loved him deeply and you still did, even though it had been six years since the last time you saw him. You kept on rummaging the box… that’s when you found it. The map. And then the flashback came to your head, the first day you saw him.

It was a sunny afternoon; you left home and headed to the nearest bus stop. You got to the bus stop and hope for the bus to arrive soon. You sat down on the bench next to a person that was reading a map. You glance at him and noticed he was your new neighbor. You wanted to start a conversation with him as he seemed to be a nice guy, that’s when you noticed he was having trouble reading his map… he was holding it upside down. He looked so concentrated and then he growled at it. You giggled and decided to help him.
“Umm… I don’t know if you have noticed it but… you are holding it the wrong way” You told him. He looked at you confused.
“Huh?” He looked like he didn’t understand a word you said. You took the map off of his hands and placed it correctly.
“You have to read it like this” You cooed him. When you looked up at him you melted at his gorgeous smile.
“Oh, thank you” he said slowly and with a weird pronunciation. He kept staring at you with his dazzling hazelnut eyes. “Have I seen you before?” he put the map on his lap and looked at you directly. You chuckled over his funny accent.

“Actually yes… I’m your neighbor”

“Really? I am sorry but I am very absentminded… I also been busy unpacking my things” He told you and you hold your laughter… his way of speaking was hilarious.
“It’s ok, by the way, where are you trying to go?”

“To know the city, and you?” You attempt to answer but at that time the bus arrived. You stood up and pulled him by his hand. He looked at you confused again.
“You won’t get anywhere if you stay here” He looked at you doubtfully and then gave in. You both got in the bus and took the back seat.

“Where do you say you were to going?” he muttered shyly.

“I was supposed to be going to my summer Italian classes…” You were interrupted by him.

“I’m from Italy if that can help you” now everything was clearer for you, his funny accent and the weird use of words, had a reason to be. “But if you miss your class, you will have problems”

“No, not really. My mom would understand and my teacher would too. Besides, now that I found you, I am not gonna leave you alone or you are gonna end up being robbed, or killed, or stabbed, or kidnapped or… even raped…” You felt a bit guilty when you saw his face going paler than it already was. However you were really enjoying the worried face you provoked him, you were just fourteen, what were you expecting?
“I’m just kidding… Take it easy” You said trying to calm him down.
From then on you both learn a lot of things about each other. His name was Michael Way but you decided to call him Mikey, he was half Scottish and half Italian. Born in Italy. Bad English. He had the same age as you, 14 years old. He enjoyed reading books, and writing poems was his favorite hobby. He had a brother called Gerard and you were going to assist the same school on September.
You let the bus take you to the final stop. Once there, you got down, and he bought you an ice cream as a way of thanking you for your time.
“I found that you don’t understand some things I talk, so, I’m sorry” he said.
“Don’t worry. If you need any help with that… don’t hesitate to ask me” you offered.
“What?”
“I can help you with your English” You explained to him slowly this time and with words that he would understand.
“Thank you very much”
It was getting late, the sun had gone down and it was almost dark. You took the first bus that would take you back home.
In spite of the big cultural and language gap, you did have a great time; he was really fun to hang out with.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! I'm really excited about it, I know you all will love it.
So now go comment and subscribe :)