Status: Tell me what you think so far.

Untitled Frerard

Chapter Four.

I woke up to the muffled sound of an alarm clock, Gerard's rather loud yawns, and the strong smell of coffee. Gerard didn't get up, because he couldn't. The reason I had opened my eyes was because he had started giggling, and I had no clue as to what could possibly be so humorous at 5:30 in the morning. The first things I saw were Gerard's green eyes. Then, I started to laugh myself.

We were facing each other, hugging, our legs intertwined. I couldn't suppress the laughter. We had stumbled out of bed, grinning like idiots. That has got to be the most awkward way to start the day that I could think of.

I could barely keep my eyes open, and Gee threw his uniform at me, landing perfectly on my face, so I couldn't see. I groaned, and fell back on the bed. I closed my eyes and began to fall back into that peaceful slumber I hadn't seen in a long time. I opened my mouth wide, and silently yawned, breathing slowly, inhaling, exhaling. Gee rolled his eyes at me, and dragged me up, off the bed, by the arm. He walked into his bathroom to get himself a uniform, and I had dressed myself and looked in the mirror. Although the uniform was falling off me, it was something to wear for now, until we arrived at my dads house, to grab one that fit.

Gerard opened the door and snorted at the sight of me. Yeah, I looked hilarious, didn't I? He shook his head in disbelief.

"Damn. You're really skinny, kid."

"You got a belt?" I asked. He nodded at me, still giggling, and lead me to his bathroom. On top of the dresser, were a pile of miscellaneous things. There, I found a belt that fit me. I looked ridiculous, but it would only be for a half hour. I could do this, I told myself, but Gerard's laughing didn't help me.

"So when we get to your dads house, just grab clothes for today, and we can come back after school for some more things."
I was listening up until he said 'your dads house'. He thought I'd be living with him instead of my dad. He was telling me to, it felt like. He actually wants me to live with him.
We both got ready, left the house, and walked to the car, slamming the door behind us. He drove us to my dads house, silently. There wasn't a conversation, and I was scared of going inside. Too scared to bring it up to Gee.

Soon, Gerard and I were sitting in his car, parked outside my father's house. It was 6:30am and my dad was probably passed out somewhere inside. I squeezed Gee's hand before getting out of the car, and walking toward the front door. The tap of my foot against the pavement as I walked closer was like thunder. The near silence of the opening door was the sound of a creaky floorboard. Every sound seemed loud enough to wake my unconscious, intoxicated father. When I got inside the house, I slowly tiptoed to my room, and I grabbed an old backpack from my closet. I shoveled about a week and a half's worth of clothes in there. this will be enough for now, i thought. i headed for the door, eager to leave, but i quickly turned around to take Pansy with me. Pansy is my guitar,i could never leave without her, she was the most important girl in the world to me. After getting Pansy, I left without making any noise. as i got in the car, i exhaled heavily. i couldn't even breathe in there, in my own house, in fear of waking my father.

"I thought you were just getting a uniform."

"I couldn't take it, being in there.i never anted to go back and i just wanted to get out. i figured if I got more now, I could spend more time away from this awful place." I felt my face heat up and tears overflowed my eyelids and streamed down my cheeks. Fuck. "And I took Pansy... because she's my world," I smiled, holding her. He didn't realize that she was once the only thing keeping me alive.

"Lets just get out of here," Gerard decided as he turned out of the driveway, and sped down the street.

We almost arrived at the school, and I was still dressed in Gerard's over-sized uniform and belt. I crawled tho the back of the car when he stopped, and I striped out of his clothing. I slid into my own uniform. I looked up an noticed we weren't in the school parking lot, but at a nearby coffee shop, and I smiled, realizing coffee was really his obsession. I took Pansy and my backpack to the trunk of the car, for safe keeping . I cared most about Pansy, though.

Gerard and I walked around the corner to the school, not talking much. We approached the building and as we made our way to the front steps, a jock thought he would be so funny and never before done to throw an apple at the back of my head. Fruit used as a projectile; how original.

"Yo, teacher's pet, you can give that to the teacher," he sneered. His friends laughed with him, although, the joke wasn't at all funny or clever. They used the same tricks on me, so by now I was smart enough not to turn around...unless I wanted an apple in my face. I had just cursed under my breath, but Gerard spun around, and stomped down the steps, furious. He walked toward the group of kids howling over what they oh so cleverly did.

Their laughter started to fade by the time Gerard got to them. There were four boys, all part of the football team. It was stereotypical, but they were all jerks, and they each had a cheerleader girlfriend. These girls, also stereotypically, were snobby and rather wealthy.

Gerard clenched his fists, and his nostrils flared. The kids were still grinning at their joke. I had no idea why Gerard would be so angry at something they did to me. I mean, it wasn't a big deal. It didn't even hurt that bad... okay, it did hurt. Actually, I should probably be going to the nurse right now. I'd rather see what Gerard's about to do though.

"Did he fucking do anything to you? No. He was fucking walking to the school and you fucking threw that shit at him!" Gerard's voice got louder, the angrier he grew. The more he thought about it, the madder he was. The boys were frozen with shock. Nobody had stood up for me before. Not ever. They seemed to all be waiting for another to make a crude joke. As usual, one of them eventually came up with some stupid comeback.

"So you must be that kid's gay lover," a boy said. Gerard gave him a is-that-seriously-all-you-can-come-up-with look, and the kid slowly backed off.

"You hate him so much, and you do this fucking shit every day, and you don't even fucking know his name?" The kids looked at each other, until another started talking.

"He's worthless." That's all he could say. He wasn't going to admit he was insecure or some shit was going on at home. He just really believed that I was worthless. Bullshit.

"You are no better than him. I'm done here. You fucktards are shit, and I never want to see you say anything to him ever again. Got that?" Gerard threatened. Their leader suddenly got a burst of confidence, and stepped toward Gerard. This guy was just barely shorter than Gerard, so he'd just look idiotic if he tried to stand up taller.

"What if I don't want to listen to you? What are you gonna do, huh?" This kid tried to seem intimidating. What happened next shocked them all.

Gerard pulled out that knife from his jacket; it was the knife that was almost used to murder me. They all recognized the knife, it had been pulled out of a jacket before, many times, just not by Gerard. They couldn't speak at all; they just all backed off. Gerard was stronger than the kid who owned that knife.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took awhile to update.
I had written it in le notebook and it took awhile to type it.
Comment for comment?