Status: Just Starting- We'll see how this goes

And It Ends In Tragedy

Chapter 1

My eyes slowly opened to the sound of laughter. I blinked a little disoriented from my sleep, and sat up in bed trying to focus on the noise. Ruffling my hair to make sure the curls weren’t all over the place; I rose from and walked out of my room. As I descended the stairs my dog, Buddy, trotted up to me barking playfully and wagging his tail. I grinned reaching down to pet him and to give him small compliments of “who’s cute?” and “who’s a good boy?”
As I stepped onto the carpet downstairs, I paused trying to make out the voices I could hear in the other room. There was a laugh that I quickly placed as my Dad’s that was followed by words I couldn’t make out. Who was that? I decided to stop wondering and padded softly into the living room. A seemingly married couple sat on the couch as my Dad rattled off some story. The couple listened amused while I appraised them from the entrance. The man was very tall and skinny and his wife was short and petite, her hands that crossed on her lap showed off her flashy wedding ring.
The man looked up and noticed me, letting a warm smile pull at his lips in acknowledgement. Dad looked at me before giving a smile and nod to the couple. The man then spoke, “Is this the girl we’ve heard so much about?”
I blushed in response, being more of the shy type. My Dad nodded to the couple once more before responding, “Yes, this is my daughter Sera. Sera this is Michael and Andrea Jahovic.”
I smiled, stepping forward towards the couch they were on to shake hands. First Michael’s with his long slender fingers, and then Mrs. Jahovic’s. “It’s wonderful to meet you.”
“She is very polite.” Michael commented causing me to blush again.
“Sera go get dressed and eat breakfast. We have stuff to do later.” I nodded though internally I was disappointed. I had been hoping for a lazy Saturday around the house. I went upstairs to get ready and skipped the breakfast part, I wasn’t particularly hungry.
I came back downstairs and everyone was still in their same positions in the living room. The only difference was that now there was a boy with the couple on the couch. He looked about nineteen, the same as me, and his blonde head turned my way, and his steel gray eyes began looking me up and down. I bit his lip as he scrutinized me. Everyone else was immersed in conversation besides the two of us and I suddenly felt very tense.
I felt the need to escape. Every nerve in my body was on edge, and I wanted to get out of there. I wanted to run up to my room and hide, so I’d never have to see that boy again, but that was insanity. Wasn’t it?
We stayed that way for a few minutes more before the couple got up to leave. The boy followed their actions, though his eyes were still stuck on me. I probably looked like a dear in headlights, the way I was posed completely still, my eyes wide and my hair wild behind my shoulders. I sighed softly in relief as they walked to the door. I backed up to sit at the stairs as my Dad scheduled a date to have dinner with them. My eyes trained onto the boy. He stood completely still, his hands behind his back. My eyes looked over his attire which was all black: a black button up shirt, black dress pants, and black dress shoes. My eyes flicked upwards to stare at his, which now seemed inhumanly blue. Shortly after they were gone, leaving me wondering what this whole meeting was about.