Status: Just Starting- We'll see how this goes

And It Ends In Tragedy

Chapter 4

I sighed when I woke up. It was Monday and it was 11:30 in the morning. I jumped up and pulled on some jeans and a random t-shirt. I knew I shouldn't have gone running last night and I couldn't believe my mother didn't wake me up. After I brushed my teeth, I grabbed my backpack and headed out to my truck, throwing my backpack in and starting it. I drove to the school and got out. Lucky, my father had taken care of my schedule and what not before I started. I stalked into the school unnoticed for the moment and followed everyone into the cafeteria. I got in line, trying to make it look like I'd been here since school started that morning. I took a random seat away from people and looked around, thinking I might be able to find her. I looked to my left and to my surprise, she was several chairs away from me. Not meaning to, I watched her talking to her friends and just stared. She looked up and looked in my direction. The look on her face woke me up and I blinked and looked at my plate then back at her. I moment later she glanced back at me and I smiled at her brightly. Then the bell rang and I stood, dumping the food and plastic tray in the trash. I stopped and fished my schedule from my backpack and stared at it then looked around for my class. I found it and walked through the door and I saw her again. I smirked slightly and took a seat three chairs diagonally from hers. I spent the class period looking at her, although some glances were at the rain pouring outside.

By the end of Tuesday, I had managed to be mauled by nearly every girl in the school. I could of course hear their whispering but paid no attention. None of them were interesting enough to talk to for long. It was mainly all about them. I finished talking to a random girl named Alyssa who was somewhat attractive when the tardy bell for last hour rang. I walked into my class and found my seat from yesterday taken. I sighed and the only empty spot open was behind her: Sera. I smirked and walked over there and sat down. She still hadn't seen me, which explained why she jumped when I tapped her shoulder. I smiled as she turned around and whispered, "Hello," noticing the slight blush on her cheeks that made me smile a little wider. She replied hi and ruffled her hair.

"I don’t believe we had a proper introduction Saturday. I’m Jace.” I held my hand out to her and she took it with a smile on her face. I nodded and she turned around to the front of the class when the teacher began to talk. The teacher was talking about some project and everyone needed a partner. After everyone paired, it was Sera and I left over. We paired up and worked on the project, getting an A as well.

The next day I didn't go to school. I had a long night of running and was too tired to go to school. I had a hell of a lot to think about. So I stayed home and regretted it because I missed her. I did go back Thursday and Sera and I walked to class together for every period. I noticed that her friends, the twins Ashton and Asher, stopped hanging out with us, well just Ashton really. I did become good friends with Asher though. Anyway, school had ended and as I was getting to my truck, my stomach tightened and I heard myself growl. I looked around, making sure no one heard it. I felt the need to attack, my stomach tightened and I looked around until my eyes landed on Sera. Another growl erupted and I shook my head and got into my. I drove away quickly and went home. I pulled my shirt and shoes off and ran into the woods.

I didn't go to school again the next day, Friday, and slept all day. That's when I had the strangest dream. I was standing in the woods with Sera in front of me. There was a wolf, a very familiar wolf next to me, black with silvery eyes. Next to Sera, a timid deer that looked like it could ran at any second. Then for some reason, the wolf attacked Sera. Then I shot the deer and I woke up. I rubbed my eyes and ran my fingers through my hair. I lay down waiting for Friday night to come so I could have a much needed break.