‹ Prequel: Means the World
Status: hiatus.

Ready to Start

1.

It was five years after the war. George Weasley was running around his store; the school year was around the corner and students were stocking up for the season. He didn’t blame McGonagall for banning his products; they had caused hell during his time at Hogwarts.

“Elise, did you get anything back from Ralph?” he called out, inquiring about the man who sold him the pearl dust to make Wizard Wheezes’ famous love potions.

Elise, his sister-in-law and ex-girlfriend, turned around. She was beautiful as ever, but always had an empty look in her eyes from the loss of Fred. “Yes, and Ralph has been fired.”

George’s jaw dropped. “What?”

Elise nodded. “He’s been fired for scamming the Enoki’s. He’s been replaced with some girl; she’ll be around later today to discuss the new pricing.”

George panicked inside. He and Ralph had been striking deals on pearl dust for quite some time. He could choose another dealer, but the Enoki’s were simply the best. Those Japanese wizards really knew their stuff; nothing was better than their product. Since George had invested in their product, it had gained them a large profit towards their potions. Fred was the first to suggest they use the Enoki’s.

Before he could panic even more, the door opened. George’s eyes immediately caught those of the woman who walked in-tall, lithe, and cold. She was dressed in a very professional manner and carried a brief case, which alerted George to the fact that she was no customer.

“Oh shit, I think she’s here.” George groaned, turning to Elise.

Elise chuckled. “You have some explaining to do.”

The woman walked up to the counter. “I’m looking for Mr. George Weasley.” She said curtly.

George raised his hand. “Right here…you must be the new representative from the Enoki’s.” he said.

The woman held her hand out. “My name is Sydney, Sydney Lake. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” She said, in a rather cold manner.

George already didn’t like her.

“Well, why don’t you come up?” He said, gesturing to the stairs. Sydney Lake walked up them briskly, her tan court shoes clicking on the stairs. She was wearing a navy business suit with skin tight pants, a jacket, and a tan silk shirt. Her long brown hair was tied back. Like a proper businesswoman, she waited for George to open the door for her.

They stepped inside the flat. George had turned the sitting room into a business office slash greeting room. The kitchen was the same; instead, he had put an addition over his bedroom. He crammed a living room into the room above his room. He dared not to touch Fred's room, which was empty save for the furniture and some items George had recovered from their flat in France, which sat on Fred’s uncovered bed in plastic bags.

“Where is your business associate, the other Mr. Weasley?” she asked.

George took in a sharp breath as he ushered her to sit on the couch. He sat next to her.
“Obviously good old Ralph didn’t update files ever.”

Sydney chuckled darkly. “That’s one of the reasons he was fired.”

George gave a cold look. “My twin brother died five years ago.”

Sydney stopped her chuckling and pressed her lips together. “I’m sorry.” She blurted.

George nodded. “Yes, very well, let’s discuss pricing. What happened to Ralph?”

Sydney took papers out of her brief case. “Ralph was discovered to be selling the Enoki product for less than it’s worth, so he was fired. See, the Enoki’s know that Ralph was selling you discounted product…they are willing to forgive and forget so long as you tell them the rate he sold you per liter.”

George sighed. “It was five galleons for 3.79 liters. How much is the rate for that amount nowadays?”

Sydney smiled darkly. “It’s ten galleons for that amount, actually.”

George winced. “Wow…that…that’s a lot.”

Sydney nodded. “And you will have to pay that price exactly.”

George’s jaw dropped. “What happened to Mr. Enoki’s ‘once a customer’ benefits he promised?”

Sydney shrugged. “You obviously didn’t follow them, so Mr. Enoki actually has the right to charge you double the amount. That brings it the price to twenty galleons.”

George stood up, red in the face. “That price is absurd! I have a business to run here!” he blurted.

Sydney stood up as well; she was nearly as tall as him in her heels. “Your business seems
fairly well, so you must have enough to pay for the amount. Mr. Weasley, may I remind you that for years now you have been paying half the price of the product you receive? The Enoki product is highly revered and I’m sure Mr. Enoki would not be happy with your disagreement to the pricing.” She sneered.

George was shaking with anger. “I don’t have that kind of money to be throwing around!”

Sydney crossed her arms. “Oh, do you not? And what exactly are you throwing the money you’re making from this establishment to? Obviously you have no one to share it with!”

George was thoroughly angry. “Look, you little arse kissing leech!”

Sydney was thoroughly offended. “Pardon me?” she asked, raising her voice.

George was red. “Yes, I did call you an arse kissing leech. God, what else do you have to do with your life but regulate pricing on pearl dust? You probably live alone, by yourself, with no one.” He sneered.

Sydney was turning red as well. “You don’t know anything about me.” She countered.

George laughed. “I can see right through you-a shallow bitch with no life.”

“Why, I have never met a more offending person in my entire life!” she screamed.

“Good!” George yelled.

The door slammed open and George turned to see Elise. “I heard raised voices.” She said.

Sydney picked up her briefcase and started packing papers. “I apologize for my demeanor, but I have truly never met a customer with such a rude temper as you, Mr. Weasley.”

As Sydney walked to the door, Elise took her shoulder. “I apologize for his behavior…George here seems to forget when he’s doing business and when he’s in private. He very easily loses his temper.” She tsked, shooting George a look.

Sydney clicked her tongue and turned around, shooting George a seething look. “Well rest assured, you shall receive your proper billing in due time, Mr. Weasley.”

George put his hands in the air. “Lovely! Will you be charging me fifty galleons now?”

Sydney turned on her heel. “We’ll see about that!” she yelled, walking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
last night in florida, so i thought i'd just start off the new installment of the story today before leaving. it was truly a magical time. anyway, i now present the third(maybe second to last?) installment of my Weasley Twin Saga. Enjoy(: