‹ Prequel: Means the World
Status: hiatus.

Ready to Start

19.

George walked into his flat to see Angelina, Alicia, and Lee.

“What are you lot doing here?” he asked, surprised.

Alicia shot him a look. “And where have you been, George Weasley?” she asked suggestively.

George raised an eyebrow and dropped his keys on the table. “I was at a friend’s house…where is Elise?” he asked curiously.

Lee shrugged. “She called us over to wait for you…Elise took Abby to Molly’s house for the day. They’re fitting her flower girl gown tonight.” He said. “The more important question is, were you with Sydney?”

George turned red. “It’s none of your business.” He spat out.

Angelina squealed. “So you were!”

“I don’t understand what it has to do with you guys.” He said honestly. “I just spent the night.” He lied.

Alicia rolled her eyes. “George Weasley, we’ve all been friends for what is it now, fourteen years now? I think we know when you’re lying.”

Lee nodded. “You’re horrible at it, mate.”

George sighed. “Look, we kissed, that’s it.” He said. “We didn’t sleep together, alright?”

Lee pumped his fist into the air. “Finally, some action for George!”

George rolled his eyes. “Why is it important?”

“George, you’ve been sad far too long.” Angelina said sternly. “We’re tired of seeing you like this…and it seems like for the first time, you’ve actually found someone you like. She’s not like all those other girls you just slept with and dumped.”

George turned red. “Yeah, I’d rather not talk about that.”

Lee smiled. “We weren’t too keen on her at first, but it really looks like she’s a good fit for you, George. We were all a bit judgemental at first.”

“Tell me about it.” He said sarcastically.

Lee sighed. “Okay, you can’t blame us; she’s not very sociable. We thought you two would just be a disaster…but turns out, she’s really helped you.”

George gave them a look. “Helped you what?”

Angelina smiled softly. “Helped you grow…helped you move on. Don’t deny it; you feel different. There’s a spring in your step. You feel better.”

*~*~*~*

Syd was finally off of work and walking down the Alley. Perhaps she’d go and visit George before going home…but was it too soon? She wracked her brain for what to do. Was it too clingy for her to go see him? Should she wait until tomorrow? Syd slowly walked in the opposite direction of the store, confused on what to do.

“Hey, Sydney!”

Sydney turned around to see Angelina and Alicia, two of George’s friends, chasing her down.

“Hi.” She said shyly.

Angelina smiled at her warmly. “Care to get some coffee with us?” she asked. “I know a great place just outside of Diagon Alley.” She pointed out.

Sydney nodded slowly as the two girls pulled her out onto the muggle streets. She was no stranger to them, but it was weird with these two girls who she thought hated her.

Before she knew it, she, Angelina, and Alicia were sitting down to pastries and coffee.

“No offense, but why are you talking to me?” Sydney asked. “I thought you guys hated me…at least, Elise does.” She said sourly.

Angelina winced. “Sydney, we love Elise. She’s like a sister to us, but her thoughts aren’t ours. I admit we weren’t as friendly as we could’ve been at first, but circumstances have changed.” She said.

Alicia nodded. “Sometimes…she’s a bit too overprotective of George. She doesn’t understand that he has a life to live. She’s suffering herself, just as much as George is. She just refuses to acknowledge it.”

“What do you mean?” Sydney asked curiously.

Alicia sighed. “Elise is half veela. Veela die when they lose their life partner. When Fred died, we all thought she was going to die…until we found out she was pregnant.”

Angelina nodded. “After that, she had a reason to live. But it still follows her…and when Abby is fully self-sufficient, Elise will die.”

Sydney’s eyes widened. “That’s horrible.”

Angelina shrugged. “She’s just stressed…she wants to teach Abby how to live on her own, but part of her doesn’t either.”

Sydney nodded; she couldn’t believe being on the brink of death.

Alicia nodded. “She’ll come around, Sydney. She wants George to be happy, deep down. When she finds out that he’s happy with you, she’ll accept it.”

Sydney smiled. “Hopefully.”

*~*~*~*

Elise was walking through the streets of London; she’d left Abby with Molly and Arthur for the day. She was on a mission to find Abby more clothes; she’d outgrown the dresses Fleur had given her for her birthday already.

Passing a coffee shop, she froze. Angelina and Alicia were sitting there, laughing with Sydney. The girls usually went there, and Sydney was sitting in her usual spot. A sense of dread filled Elise.

She was going to be replaced. Might as well…wasn’t like she was going to be around long anyway.

Elise stomped away.
♠ ♠ ♠
aw shiznap