‹ Prequel: Means the World
Status: hiatus.

Ready to Start

3.

It was a slow day at the office. Sydney was finished with all of her paperwork, and she was clearing the notes on her desk. That’s when she saw the small note.

Reminder-visit Weasley with new prices

Smiling, it gave her an excuse to get out of the office. She packed up a brief case. Rowena, the secretary, eyed her cautiously. “Where are you going?”

Sydney smiled. “I forgot I have a client.”

Rowena scoffed. “Lucky.”

Sydney chuckled and left the office building. Free of the Enoki workplace, she let down her brown hair. The Enoki’s had a strict dress code of hair up, neutral tones, and dress clothes. Today, she was lucky enough to get away with a skirt and top without a jacket.

Sydney went to Diagon Alley. It wasn’t busy, so she easily made her way to the Weasley store. It was empty, save for the little girl sitting on the counter.

“Can I help you?” asked the little girl. She batted her long eyelashes and threw her strawberry blond hair across her shoulder.

“Is your parent around?” she asked curiously.

“Mama!” she yelled. “Someone is here!”

A woman in her mid twenties came down the stairs. She was exceptionally beautiful-obviously she had some veela blood in her. She had bouncy light brown curls and bow shaped lips, but there was nothing in her eyes. They were vacant.

“Can I help you?” she asked, picking up the girl and setting her on the ground. “Abby, I told you not to sit on the counter.” She said in a soft stern voice.

“I was looking for Mr. Weasley.” Sydney said.

The woman nodded. “George!” she called out.

Seconds later, George appeared from the back room. “Yes, Lise-oh, Miss Lake.” He said.

Sydney smiled. “Hello Mr. Weasley.”

George looked at the woman, and then back to Sydney. “Miss Lake, this is Elise Weasley.”
He said. She obviously wasn’t a cousin or sibling; she didn’t have red hair. She was also around the same age as him, so that meant she was probably his wife.

That also meant that the little girl on the counter was obviously George’s daughter.

Elise gave Sydney a wary look. “Welcome back, Miss Lake. I trust you and George can work things out now.” She said, clearing the way to the stairs. George led Sydney up the stairs and into the room. Before George shut the door, Sydney heard the little girl ask her mother who she was.

“Sorry, I was working on new products.” George said.

“Your daughter is very beautiful.” Sydney said.

“Thank you-what?” George asked.

Sydney gave him a look. “I just said your daughter is very pretty.”

George laughed. “Oh, Abby isn’t my daughter.”

Sydney was confused now. “What? Elise isn’t your wife?”

George laughed again. “Oh God, no; Elise and I dated in school but that’s as far as it got.”

“Then how is she related to you?” Sydney asked curiously.

George’s smile disappeared. “She was married to my brother.”

“Oh…well I have the new pricing for you.” Sydney said, quick to change the subject. She knew that he got mad when he talked about his brother, so she had to change it quick.

George looked at the papers with wide eyes. “You’re giving it to me for seven galleons?
What inspired that?”

Sydney smiled wryly. “Your little story got to me.” She stood up. “I really should be going.
Have a good day, Mr. Weasley.”

“What story?” George asked.

Sydney stood by the door. “You’re not the only one to lose a sibling, Mr. Weasley. Twins are bonded for life and one feels a sense of emptiness without the other. Again, have a good day Mr. Weasley.”

As she opened the door, a voice stopped her. “George.”

She turned around. “What?” she asked.

George Weasley stood up and rubbed his hands together. “You can call me George. I like a personal relationship with my dealers, you know. I hate titles and such.”

Sydney smiled. “Then good day, George.”

George smiled. “Have a nice day, Sydney.”

*~*~*~*

George was sitting at the dinner table with friends. It was a weekly thing; they all got together. Harry, Ron, Angelina, Alicia, Oliver (when he was home, which this week he was), Elise, George, Abigail, and Harry’s godson, Teddy all had dinner at Elise’s flat. As the alley had filled up again after the dark lord disappeared, a small wizarding community set up close by; the shops and apartments were filled with wizards and witches who also rubbed elbows with muggles. Harry and Ron had a flat down the street. Angelina and Alicia lived five minutes away and Oliver lived with Elise when he was home. Of course, George couldn’t bear to leave Diagon Alley.

This night, Teddy and Abigail were playing wizard chess while a muggle kid’s program played in the back. The adults sat at the table drinking butterbeer.

“I miss Hermione.” Ron whined.

Angelina laughed. “Not our fault your wife is on a business trip…wasn’t she supposed to be back yesterday?”

Ron nodded. “Yeah, but she just had to finish the case down to the last detail.” He grumbled.

“Hey, at least Gin and Hermione will be back at the same time.” Harry said brightly. Ginny was away playing Quidditch and would be home that weekend.

“She better not be moving in when she’s done.” Ron warned.

“She is, and you and Hermione are moving out.” Harry sniggered.

“George, George, are you listening to him?” Ron asked, outraged.

“Oh shut it.” George laughed.

The whole table stared at him. “What?” George asked.

Elise gave him a look. “That’s the first time you’ve laughed…in years.”
♠ ♠ ♠
aw snap.
anyway, tune into my newest story. It's kind of my way to get out the Lily/Snape/James frustration. The whole thing is about the end of Lily and Snape's relationship and the beginning of Lily/James. That area of the HP world has always been left untouched, so I felt like it was necessary.

http://stories.mibba.com/read/405028/After-All-This-Time/