Starry Nights City Lights

I Fought the Law and the Law Won

Hallie sat up and yawned. She couldn’t believe she had just taken a nap. She never takes naps, ever, unless she’s really sick. She glanced over at the clock. Seven o’clock. Her stomach growled. She had forgotten all about dinner. She jumped out of bed and ran out into the kitchen. She looked around for Green Day, secretly hoping they had come up with some brilliant plan to save her. No one was there. She went back to the bedroom and peaked in their bunks. Empty. Hmmm… Where could they have gone? I hope nothing bad happened…

She was still freaking out from the letter, and now her saviors mysteriously disappeared. How could this day get any worse? She decided she might as well eat. They probably just went out for a bit to get their minds off things. There was no reason to be scared. She grabbed a bowl of cereal and dug in.

“Hallie Marie Stewart!!! Please step out of the bus with your hands up!!!” a man’s deep voice came from outside. It sounded as if he was speaking through a megaphone.

Hallie dropped her spoon. It caused a loud clatter throughout the otherwise silent tour bus. She froze and stopped breathing. A million things were rushing through her head. She couldn’t move. She was completely frozen in fear. The voice from outside called for her again. She took a deep breath and tried to calm down, but she could feel the tears welling up in her eyes.

The voice called a third time. This time the man sounded pretty pissed. He said if she didn’t come out in 10 seconds they were coming in. Hallie’s breathing quickened the tears began to fall faster, but she forced herself out of her chair. She dared to take a glance out the window. There were 3 police cars surrounding the door. She saw her parents. Mr. Stewart stood tall with a smirk on his face, his arm wrapped around Mrs. Stewart’s waist. She leaned into him with tears in her eyes. Billie, Mike, and Tré were nowhere to be found.

The voice stated plainly that they were coming in. Hallie took a step towards the door and slowly reached towards the handle. She took a deep breath and turned the knob.