All At Once

UN

To be honest, Joe thinks she’s kind of a bitch at first.

He meets her through his brother, Dan, who’s been raving about this girl with emerald eyes and a guitar for ages, at a movie theatre with Luke. Wait, Dan had said, eyes crinkling in laughter, the ‘ridiculously earnest hipsters’ are my brother and his best friend? Bryn blushed in embarrassment, smiled, and nodded guiltily before extending a hand and saying, I’ve heard so much about you, it’s nice to finally meet you. I’m Bryn Perham. Joe smiled back and went through the usual routine of Likewise, call me Joe, all the while kind of hating her Memento t-shirt and the unlaced high-top Converse she wore it with. She was perfectly nice, charming almost to a fault, spoke French, just like him, and planned to go to college for psychology before her band took off. All things considered, she should be lovely. Later, when Luke looks at him, sighs, and asks, Why don’t you like her? he can only shrug and say, I don’t know.

And he doesn’t know, even when he spends nights just lying in bed, thinking it over. Maybe it’s that she seems so fake, when she tells them that she just came from talking with John, the homeless guy on 75th St, or played for an hour at Central Park and dumped all the money at a charity along the way. Maybe it’s the way she’s such a ridiculously pretentious hipster, always wearing shirts to do with indie films and carrying books by authors that most people only read when they’re required to in high school, when she probably doesn’t even know what they mean. Maybe it’s the way she refuses to call him Joe, always calling him Joseph, and makes herself stick out like a needle in his mind. Or maybe it’s the way, when Joe looks at her and they talk, she always smiles and answers swiftly before looking away to someone else again.

He doesn’t know why this girl, twenty-two to his twenty-six, hits him so hard, makes him so confused about things. He puts it down to the lack of sleep he’s getting and ignores it.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's pretty much no JGL fic on Mibba, so this is probably not going to get a lot of views/subs/comments. Still makes sense if you don't know who Joseph Gordon-Levitt is, though! :pleading look:

I'm thinking this will maybe have ten (very short) parts. Anyone?

-x, M.