Keep Away

Sometimes she can be unpredictable,

Have you ever felt like an outcast? Someone who isn't accepted by a society and therefore, becomes shunned by others. Someone who everyone ignores. Someone that others don't even acknowledge even if they've done a good deed. Someone who is....lonely.

There's an outcast in my school. Her name is Trinity Whestly.

No one really knew who she really was. Not even Trinity herself. She never really seemed to fit with any sort of crowd. Maybe it was her odd name that got people distancing themselves or something in her personality that disgusted others. Trinity never knew why. I never knew why.

Our classroom has desks fitted for two people. I had a reputation of sitting all by myself in the back. Of course, no one wants to sit next to Trinity. Trinity is gross. Trinity is stupid. Just being around Trinity will make less-appealing, I guess everyone wanted to keep their friends and not lose them just by talking to me. Well....I wouldn't say that. I mean, the boys in my class talk to me, in a rude sort of way. They'd pretend to care about me and ask how I'm doing, I'd answer and they'd start laughing. When I go up to sharpen my pencil, they'd go and hide my back. That is the reason why I use mechanical pencils now.

It still breaks my heart when people talk about me, but it doesn't hurt so much anyway. I had found a passion in writing. I don't know what it is about it, but when I take my pencil and create a whole new world, it does the trick of blocking everything out. My story is about a girl who makes a list about things she wants to do before she dies. She has terminal cancer and as much as she wants to do those things, she is alone. That is until a really handsome man comes along and makes all her wishes come true. Yes, she dies at the end.

Her wish number five was to see fireworks. Being in a hospital all the time, she could never see the pretty explosion of colors on the 4th of July. The really handsome man visits her and tells her......shoot. I ran out of led.

Instantly, my fantasy world disappears around me and I found myself stuck in that classroom, that is basically the nightmare that haunts me. I had just barely opened my bag to take out my led case, when I manage to hear the teacher rambling off about something. Something about a new student. I looked up and the boy is already there. The boy had long, sandy hair that was styled in a way, that pop punk boys wear it.

Oh he's cute. I thought, twirling my pencil around. But, like always, I had no chance. My chances were on the verge of becoming even slimmer, when the class tells him about me.

“Trinity Whestly.” I suddenly heard my name, which was rarely a good sign. “Our new student, Connor Mcdonough, will be sitting next to you, on account that there are no other seats available.”

No no no.

You would think that I'd be overjoyed that someone will be sitting next to me, but that's not the case at all. This boy was heading towards a dark future. He will be bullied, just by sitting next to me. In just a matter of weeks, his name would be whispered down the hall, along with poisonous looks.

My assumptions were right, when the kids started going - “oooooooooh.”

I slid downwards in my seat and stared down at my notebook. I felt his presence come and take a seat. The seat that was empty ever since the first day of school.

Don't talk to me, don't talk to me, don't talk to -

“Hey.” He greeted in a cheerful sort of manner. “Trinity right? Cool name.”

“Look,” I shifted my voice down to a low whisper. “You better get a desk from next door or something.”

“Why?”

“Trust me, you wouldn't want to sit next to me. Take it from a girl who has known these evil people for half a year now.”

I turn and I'm looking at his face clearly. His eyes were a beautiful blue, the color I've always imagined my handsome man character's eyes to be. I had to bite my tongue to keep from staring into it. He gives me a weird look and turns back to the board.

Good. Don't talk to me anymore.

I didn't know why I had to be so harsh, I mean that's probably the last and only nice thing I'll hear from someone again. Trinity won't be a cool name to you anymore, it'll be Trinity the weird loner girl. Because when you get used to this school, you'll hate me. They all eventually do.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm proud of how the first chapter came out! I have high hopes for this story and I hope you like it too! :)