Status: Hiatus

...And Stop Waiting Up

t.h.i.r.t.e.e.n

Hailey’s Point of View:

Alex and I had just left to go to the movies, and when we were in the car, I decided I had to talk to him about Lisa.

“Hey Lex, why was Lisa over?” I questioned.

“Uh, not really sure. Jack started to stay, but I’m not even sure what it was about. She was just in the room when I walked in.”

“Maybe somethings going on with the two..?” I try, even though be both know she’s almost psycho over Alex.

“Nah, it’s not that. She said that she was just talking to him because she was upset. I don’t know why she wouldn’t just come to me though.”

“We can head back if you want?” I offered.

“Eh, she’ll be alright.”

I nodded and laughed lightly, turning my attention back to the road. Lisa was cool, but some things about her really bothered me. For one, she never let me spend time with Alex, but when we did do something together, she’d always be bitter about it. I tried, and I still constantly try to be friendly, but she just would not give it, and it irritated me beyond belief.

“Does she even like me?” I asked before I could process what had come out of my mouth.

“I’m not sure, to be honest. I think she likes you as a person, but definitely not as my friend. She’s just jealous of your friendship with the guys. We used to be that close with her, but she kinda became a rude and everyone started disliking her.”

“But what’s there to be jealous of about me? I’m not trying to steal anyone!”

“We know, and I think she does too, but I don’t think it’ll be any less than difficult trying to convince her that.” Alex said.

“Whatever, she can act like a bitch if she wants.” I really didn’t like being mean, but I honestly did not get her problem, and she bothered me. She has never seemed genuine. She seemed like she was constantly trying to get rid of me and Cassadee.

“Just give her time, Hailey..” Alex sighed. He was trying to be ‘the nice guy’ and stick up for her, but he always did that, and I was getting tired of it.

“How much more time does she need?” I shot back.

“Maybe you’re the one jealous of her..”

“What the hell? Two seconds ago, you were saying how she was a bitch, and now you’re defending her? Make up your mind.”

I sighed. Suddenly, I didn’t really feel like a movie, and I told Alex so.

“Let’s just go home then.” He spoke, and I nodded turning around.

When we got into the driveway, he huffed and stalked out of the car into the house. When I came in after, Jack gave me a weird look.

“What’s his problem?”

I looked past him and saw Lisa in the living room, watching us.

“Uh, it’s nothing, I’ll tell you later..”

Jack looked at my strange, but shrugged accepting it.

“Doesn’t look like nothing to me.” Lisa sang from the room over.

I hardened my eyes towards her, and Jack noticed, and raised an eyebrow.

“Okay.” He said, dragging out the ‘a’. “Then wanna go get some lunch?”

“I’m not in the mood for it, sorry Jack, next time.”

I began to walk past Lisa, but I was in a bitchy mood, and aching for a fight so I went for it.

“Lisa, why don’t you get out of my house.” I said tiredly and of course, bitchy.

“It’s Alex’s house too, and I can be here as long as I want, thanks.” She smirked in response.

“Uhm, no, it’s not. It’s my house, and I’m saying to get out.”

“What the fuck, Hailey? It’s not like I’m doing anything to you..”

“You know what, you are though. You’re irritating me and your making me and my best friend fight, so you can leave, or I will drag you out of here.”

She began to say something, and I was truly reading to yank her hair until she was out my door, but Jack had to step in.

“Woah, Hailey, calm down, just go cool off or something.”

“Don’t you dare tell me to calm down, Barakat.” I said through gritted teeth. I would have thought he out of everyone would have been on my side.

“I’m just saying--.”

“Just shut the hell up, Jack.” I gave them both one last look, grabbed my keys and walked back outside into my car, I sat there for a moment, waiting for someone to come outside, but no one came, so I wiped a small tear that had fallen out of my eye and began driving. It didn’t matter as long as it was away from here.

Lisa’s point of View:

As Hailey took off out the door, I could not have been happier. Just my presence brought them to argue, all in my favor. It was working out great, and things were perfect. Just a few more arguments, some worse than others, and they’re friendship should be over with...

“Maybe I should go talk to her.. I shouldn’t have told her to calm down..”

Jack began walking to the door, when I grabbed his hand.

“No! Don’t, she needs time, Jack. I don’t like her being angry, but she needs some time to herself, alright?”

“I guess you’re right, Lisa.”

I smiled smugly, knowing I was right. In a way, at least. Sure, Hailey would have given anything for her closest friend to come out and tell her he was sorry, but then where’s the fun in that?
♠ ♠ ♠
ok. i hated the way this turned out, and it'll probably be confusing ok. sorry for the delay as well