Status: Hiatus

...And Stop Waiting Up

It's Chapter TWO

The 2.5 mile run to IHOP was pretty much uneventful. I saw Zack scope out some girls jogging on the opposite sidewalk.

"So, which one in particular, Mr. Look-At-My-Awesome-Muscles-And-Be-Jealous?" I teased, lightly punching his shoulder.
"The brunette with all the high lights." he mumbled, slightly embarassed, "and yes, people should be jealous of this awesomeness."

Zack grinned widely, flexed, and earned the looks of about 17 people. I mean, who couldn't notice a tall, brown haired boy with really awesome tattoos, and rippling muscles?!?

A blind person; that's who.

"Quit you show off?" I said, elbowing his side.
"You just want me to quit 'cause you don't have any!" he laughed, picking up his pace.
"Oh, I have something you'll never have!" I pointed to my chest, "so ha-ha-ha. Sucka."
"Whatever, Hails."

Why is he so diffucult? Can't he just speak his mind like Alex or Jack? Well, probably not because Alex and Jack admit waaaaaay too much. Way, way, way too much.

I spotted the huge IHOP sign and took off, full speed. I had just realized how hungry I was, having only had coffee for breakfast.

"C'mon, I'm hungery. Zack! You run slow." I called, slowing my pace, angrily.
"FOOD!!!!!" he yelled with a burst of speed.

We ran into the IHOP parking lot, laughing like maniacs and waving our arms around like those inflatable people things that car dealer-ships put in front of their lots.

"Hello, table for two?" a buzz cut waiter asked us as we walked in.
"Yes" Zack and I said in unison.

The buzz-cut waiter was kind of hot. I don't go for buzz-cuts unless it's Rian "Gaybe? Maybe!" Dawson. He had brown eyes and a weird nose piercing. It was a stud that had a little cow on it.

"Here are your menus," he took out his order notebook, "anything to drink?"
"Two waters. Biggest sizes you have, please." I said, grinning.
"Okay, be back in a minute."

We both picked up our menus and looked through them.

Flashback, Last Year

"So, Hailie, what do you want?" Jack asked, putting down the menu.
"Dunno, I usually eat the same thing." I answered.
"I got it! None of us will ever eat the same thing at IHOP ever again. EVER." he shouted, getting more than a few glares from the other people.
"Agreed. Everyone else agree?"
"Yeah."
"Yup."
"Sure."
"Whatever."

Alex motioned for all of us to put our hands in the middle, "From this day on, we will never eat the same thing at any IHOP ever again."

Jack, Zack, Rian, Matt, and I put our hands in.

"YAY!" Alex exclaimed.
"Shut up, you dumbass." Matt said.


End of Flashback.

"I think I'm going to get.... the New York Cheesecake Pancakes." I said.
"Already had it. I'm gonna get a Bacon Temptation Omelette." he replied.
"Mmmmm...."
"Here are your two waters. Have you decided what you will get?" the waiter asked.
"Yeah, New York Cheesecake Pancakes... Tanner" I said.
"And a Bacon Temptation Omelette."
"O-okay." Tanner said, scribbling down our orders.

When he left, Zack burst out laughing.

"What?" I asked warily.
"Did you see his face when you said his name?"
"No. Why?"
"He about died. Right on the spot."
"Well, I wouldn't have gone for him anyways. He has a buzz-cut."
"But what about Rian?"
"His is okay."

When the food got there, we didn't speak one word, due to the stuffing our faces with hot food, savoring every bite.

"Hails, I'll pay. Seriously." Zack said, slapping her hand away from the bill.
"Noooooo!" I quietly screamed.
"Quit yo' whining."
"Can I pay the tip?"
"Ugh, fine."

She smiled, clearly happy, and pulled out a $10 bill and setting it with the bill.
Tanner came by and picked it up, smoothly sliding his number towards me.

"What's his number? I'll have Jack and Alex prank call him." Zack laughed evilly as we walked out the door.
"Here." I handed the paper to him.
"Thanks."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! I'm on a roll; I already have the next couple chapters pre-written and shit.
Love the quick feed-back.
But. Don't be a silent reader.
Comment.
Comment.
Comment.
-Morgan