New in School

Role model

Ryan stared at me. He kept staring. He wouldn't stop. Oh, now he is moving his gaze.. Nope, still staring... Aaaand staring some more. He didn't stop staring. He stared and I wanted to rip out his throat.

"Dude, stop staring and say something!" I said, but he didn't stop. He started talking though.

"Well is sure do seem like you are, but.. I don't get it, everytime you talk about him you smile without even noticing. And now you're telling me that you're not in love with him.."

I understood him, but it didn't change anything. I really liked Gerard, I really really fucking did, but 'in love' was too much. Ryan signed.

"Anyways, do you know if he saw and how he reacted if he did?" he asked and I looked up in the ceiling trying to remember. "I can't remember.. Maybe it'll come back later." I said and he nodded. It was getting awkward so I offered him that we could watch a movie and he said yes.

After the movie the awkwardness had fallen and we talked about the party. Everything but the kiss, we even talked about the rest of the game. We had been pretty drunk and at some point Ryan had almost had the confident to talk proper to Brendon. But of course that ended very soon because a girl and had come a stuck her tongue down his throat. Ryan had just standed there awkwardly to see if they would pull away soon, but gave up and had walked over to the couch to join me.

Bob had jumped naked in the Leto brother’s pool while Ray had eating three lemons fast. I laughed remembering the look on his face.

Soon Ryan had to go because his cousin was in town. We said our goodbyes and I followed him out. When he was gone I went into the kitchen and made myself a toast. I sat down at the table when my mom came into the kitchen.

"Hello sweetheart." she said smiling. I smiled back and watched as she made herself some coffee. "How was last night?" she asked. "Fun." "Good. You didn't to anything stupid?" I glared at her. Why was she asking me that?

"You were pretty drunk when you came home, Frank. You promised me you wouldn't drink too much." she said. Oh..

"I actually didn't drink that much, I just didn't know that I would get drunk so fast. And no I didn't do anything stupid." I said and she raised an eyebrow, "So you remember everything from last night? Your friends aren't going to tell you anything surprising?"

I shook my head. Though it wasn't true. Ryan had just told me about Pedicone. "Nope, I remember everything and it was all good."

She nodded and said "I was wondering if you would mind helping your grandfather with a few things. Your dad wanted to, but he forgot that he has work. I would go myself, but I thought you might want to see him."

I smiled and said yes. I loved hanging out with my grandfather. He was my role model and was always there for me. I got up to my room and changed into skinny jeans and pulled a hoodie on.

My grandfather didn't live far away, I only had to ride the bus for about 20 minutes. When I got out of the bus I started walking towards his house. He and my grandmother lived in a little, but nice house. You could see how they had built up a family and had been through many things, because of the many pictures and little things from the past. Each thing meant something to them, they didn't just have random junk like most people.

I knocked on the door and was greeted by my grandmother a few moments after. She smiled warmly and gave me a tight hug. "How lovely to see you, dear. Oh new hair" she said and scanned it.

I giggled and we went into the living room where my grandfather sat. He looked up from the book he was reading and smiled. "Well see who came crawling to his beloved grandpa." he joked, standing up and walked over to me. He gave me a hug and asked "How have my little soldier been?"

"Pretty damn good!" I said and felt my grandmother hit the back of my head. "Watch your mouth, young man." she said and I nodded.

She told us she would us some sandwich and lemonade. She disappeared out into the kitchen and me and my grandfather sat down at their dinner table. He asked about my new hair and I said that I was simply bored by the old.

"What is that you need help to, grandpa?" I asked and he smiled cheesy, "I needed someone to jam with."

"Awesome! But why didn't you just ask me to come instead of telling my mom you needed help then?" I asked and he grinned. "I know both your mother and father very well, Frank. Your dad always have work and your mother gladly sends you over so she don't have to be around her old boring father in law." he winked.

"You have a great mind, Frank. I guess that's where I get it from." I said and he laughed. We always called each other Frank when it was just us. We thought it was funny because we both had that name, but when my dad was there too we didn't use our names, it only made confusion. When it was me and my dad we were 'senior' and 'junior'.

My grandmother came back into the living room short after with a dish which on there was sandwiches. She asked me to go get the lemonade in the fridge. I jumped up and bounced out into the kitchen and grabbed three glasses as well.

When I came back my grandparents were sitting next to other and I sat opposite them. "Darling, how is your new school?" my grandmother asked and purred the liquid into a glass and pushed it over to me. I took it gratefully and sipped.

"It's actually going really well. I have made some friends and I'm not exactly bad in class." I said smiling. "Perfect!" my grandmother beamed.

"Yearh, and they play music as well, grandpa!" I said toward the old Italian man. He smiled and asked what they played. I told and my grandparents kept looking happier and happier.

"That's wonderful, sweetheart. Now, is there any girl?" my grandmother asked and winked sweetly at me. I turned a bit uncomfortable, "Uhm.."

"Or boy." my grandfather added which made my grandmother shoot him a glare. He just ignored her though and kept his gaze on me while giving me a secure smile.

Both of them knew that I was bi. My grandmother didn't mind homosexual or bisexuals, she just didn't like the idea of her grandson being one. She did never say it, but the little things like this did so I knew. My grandfather on the other hand was really open about it. He always made jokes about it, never mean though, but as soon as I needed to get some strength, he was right there next to me.

I didn't look at my grandmother when I spoke, "Yes. There is this boy.."

My grandfather smiled welcoming at me. "What is his name?" "Gerard. Gerard Way." I said and my grandmother's face turned like he was thinking. "I think I have heard that name somewhere before." she said.

After that we ate and me and my grandfather jammed. He played drums, just like my dad did when he was younger. He would still play when we was over here though. My grandpa had a guitar even though he didn't play it, so I borrowed that one.

We had played for a few hours and when we were tired we sat down and played chess. My grandmother came into the room and smiled at us. She asked Frank to help her with the dishes. He got up and they went out into the kitchen.

After a little while I stood and walked towards the kitchen. I stood in the door and quietly watched my grandparents stand close and swaying their hips in the beat to an old love song. They did the dishes in peace. I watched them for a little while and couldn't stop smiling at the sight the whole time.

I then put myself together and told knocked on the open door. They turned around and I said that I better get back home. They followed me to the door saying goodbye. My grandma attacked my face with little kisses while my grandpa gave me a VERY tight hug.

When walked over to the bus stop I thought that I wanted to have that with someone someday.

I got home and greeted my parents. I went to my room and pulled out Pansy and started playing her softly. I hadn't played her for a while and it felt like I was cheating on her by then playing another guitar.

While playing I let my mind free and at some point I suddenly remembered something from last night. An almost crying Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
I never had the chance to know any of my grandfathers, but if I had I would have wanted them to be like Frankie's...