New in School

Friends

I wanted to turn around and see what Gerard wanted to say, but Mike had started walking with me under his arm.

"Well in that case, I'm Iero, Frank Iero" I said in a kinda dark voice causing him to chuckle.

"Well then come on Frank, let's go to lunch" for a moment I smiled happily, but I then remembered my plans with Ray and Bob.

"Come on Frank you turtle, you gotta meet my friend" he said when I started walking slowly thinking about them. He where pointing at someone who's face I couldn't see because their locker was open.

I was just about to say I was already meeting up with someone when the locker was closed. I dropped my jaw for a short moment. It was Mikey. Mike did let go of me and ran towards him.

"Hey dude!" he yelled at Mikey who hadn't seen him yet, and playfully punched his arm.

"OUCH!" Mikey jumped. I furrowed my eyebrows thinking I saw a jock kick him right there so it did probably hurt like hell.

"Oh stop being such a baby, Way! Uh-uh I got someone you gotta meet!" Mike said happily. He grabbed my arm and pushed me in front of himself, showing me of to Mikey.

A smile broke out on his face. "Hey Frank! I told you I would catch you later"

"Well, actually Mike did catch me" I said smiling. Mikey giggled and he slightly turned around, waving in a motion telling us to follow him.

"Come on, I'm starving" he said. I walked up at his side and we started talking. Mike was walking behind trying to get our attention, but though I tried to turn around a few times so I could talk to him too, Mikey grabbed my arm and spun me back to walking straight ahead. I gave him a confused look and he winked.

"I'm sooo glad Mike isn’t here, he always shows off, that attention whore" Mikey joked like Mike wasn't there. I giggled and turned my face to Mike who just rolled his eyes while smiling.

Completely forgetting Ray and Bob again I got to the canteen with Mikey and Pedicone. I got a fast look on the food and was happy I had a sandwich with me from home.

"Come on Frank, let's find a seat" Mikey said and I followed him, but then stopped and literally face palmed. Mikey and Pedicone stared at me like I was a crazy person. I had suddenly remembered Ray and Bob again. I felt kinda like a bad person for forgetting. I was going to tell Pedicone and Mikey, when I heard someone call.

"Over here Frank!" I saw Ray wave at me from a table where he sat next to Bob. I looked back at Mikey and he smiled big, "You know Ray?" He asked. I nodded.

"Awesome! Come on" he said and started walking over to them together with Pedicone. I stood there dumbstruck for a moment, but then followed quickly.

Mikey and Pedicone had already sat on the other side of the table. I sat down next to Pedicone and asked "So what, you guys know each other?"

They all nodded and Bob added "Yearh, we always hang out together". I smiled and thought it was an awesome coincidence that the people that I was making friends with did know each other.

We talked a lot and when we all had finished our food we walked outside and sat under a tree. Bob tried to make fun of my height, but fast found out that that meant you would get punched. Hard.

When the bell rang we walked in and Mikey accidently walked into someone. It was a pretty girl and they both fell onto the floor. Mikey hadn't even seen who it was and either had she. They both apologized and came back on their feet quick. Their gaze then met and they both stood awkwardly. Mikey slightly blushed and I'm pretty sure she did a bit too.

"Uhm, hi" Mikey said really awkward. "Hi." she said back.

"So.., how are you?" Mikey said breaking a short silent that had catched them. "Fine, I'm fine. How 'bout you?" she said back also so awkward that I wanted to punch them. I looked over at Pedicone who just rolled his eyes.

"They both have a crush on each other, but are too dumb to see the other like them back. Their awkwardness has been like this forever and it's driven us crazy!" he whispered in my ear. When looking at them you who could actually clearly see it, I thought.

"Well, uhm, I have class now.., and so do you of course.., so, uhm, gotta go. Bye" the girl said shyly and Mikey nodded. "Yearh, bye"

She then walked away and Mikey looked at her for a few seconds before turning to us and just started walking.

"Who was that girl, Mikey?" I asked. He blushed and smiled a bit "Alicia" he said quietly. I nodded and looked over at the others that just looked annoyed and tired of it.

The rest of the school day was boring and when it ended Ray asked if I wanted to go hang out with him and Mikey after school, but I had to say no. I had promised my mother to help her with a few things after school.

I said goodbye to the guys and walked home thinking about my day. It had been really good. I had never really had any friends, but I was sure that was going to change now.

I walked up to my front door and found my keys. I opened the door and yelled "Hey mom and dad, I'm home", my mother yelled back that she was in the kitchen. I dropped my things in the hallway and walked into the kitchen where she stood and baked.

"Hi hunny, your dad is at work" she said smiling to me. I nodded and sat down at the little dinner table in our kitchen. She put a cake in the oven and sat down next to me.

"So, how was first day at school?" she asked. I told her it was surprisingly good and that I had met some cool guys. She smiled happily and hugged me.

"That's good to hear, sweetheart! Now -" she said and gave me to note from her pocket. " go down to the grocery store for me. There stands everything we need on this piece of paper." I nodded and went down to the store.

Not much happen the rest of the day. I helped my mother, did my homework and played on my beloved guitar, Pansy.

That night I thought about Gerard and that did so I fell asleep with a smile on my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
...