Prank Wars & Candy Stores

"I have found a new page of hope for the days when I feel like I've lost everything"

Adele LeBeau watched her mother make her way down the spiral stairs. She’d seen the way her mum looks at the moment before. It seemed so surreal to see her this way. The last time it happened, she told her that her cat had run away. You could say that her mum over reacts a bit too much.

But, it never stopped her worry. Adele always seemed to be worried when her mother looked so solemn and sad. She took a deep breath, closing her eyes for a moment. She reopened them to find her mum in front of her. She never understood why, when someone was going to tell bad news, they always walked slower to their destination.

“Adele, baby,” her mother started. She looked up, her grey-blue eyes looking innocent and big. She waited for her to continue. “I have some bad news.”

“What sort of bad news?” she asked, her accent crisp and obviously French. Though, a person could hint at the English accent in her voice as well, it was sort of a mix.

“Your school,” her mum began. “Beauxbatons got attacked in the night last night.” Adele stared at her mum like she went insane.

“That’s preposterous,” she exclaimed. “It can’t be. That school was protected so well, nothing could get in and no one could get out without permission.”

“Well, it can be, and it has. We got a letter from the head mistress there. What’s her name? Oh well,” she said. “Death Eaters got to it, blasting everything and anything to ruin what was there.”

Her eyes went wide again, her mouth gaping open. “So, I’m not going to school this year?” she asked. She was sixteen and a sixth year. She only had one more year to go before she was out. Why would someone be so rude to do that? So… so cruel.

“No, you’re going,” her mother said, with a small smile.

“Well, I certainly can’t go back to Beauxbatons,” Adele exclaimed, tossing up her hands in exasperation. She loved her mother, no doubt about that. But sometimes she just got on her nerves.

“Oh, no no no, silly girl,” she said with a laugh. “You’re going to Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry.”

Adele cracked a smirk. A new start? A new beginning? She could go wild and crazy, and start over. She could have a new reputation there. Maybe she'd even skip class. She was getting ahead of herself...

Maybe this wasn’t going to be so bad after all. “Tell me more about this school.”

~*~

Adele smiled as she entered the building to her new school. She shook her head for a moment, her waving blonde hair falling into her bangs, which covered one eye. The memory of her mother talking about this new school and the Death Eaters shook from her mind.

She never did trust this; this was the school of Harry Potter. The boy who lived would attract Voldemort.

She got shook out of her reverie when she got hit in both arms by two passing people. “Oh, I’m sorry,” they both said in unison.

She stared at the two in disbelief. Already, not even a few minutes into the school, she was getting hit. “What was that for?” she asked, making the two stop and turn around to look at her. She noticed two pure red headed teens, older teens, way taller than her, looking back at her. So, they were twins.

“Well, we’re running away from a professor, we kind of…” one said.

"Pulled a prank on him,” the other finished, not even missing a beat.

“Why would you do that?” she asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Because it’s what we do. Wait, do you not know who we are?”

“Should I?”

“Of course, everyone knows us,” he said. “We are the infamous Weasley twins.”

“He’s Fred and I’m George Weasley,” he said, a smirk playing at his lips. “Who are you?”

“Adele LeBeau,” she said.

“LeBeau, as in, the French word for beautiful?” Fred asked.

“Well, she is beautiful,” George added. Adele felt the blush running up her cheeks.

“Thank you,” she said.

“If you’re French, why are you here? Shouldn’t you be at Beauxbatons?” Fred asked, quirking an eyebrow.

The sound of rushed footsteps could be heard coming from down the corridor.

“Snape!” the twins gasped in hushed unison. They turned to each other and nodded in some sort of secret agreement, and George grabbed Adele’s hand, pulling her with them into a broom cupboard. Fred watched through the keyhole as Snape passed, still fuming and covered with dragon slobber, and let out a deep sigh.

“I think the coast is clear,” he said.

However, the moment Fred had opened his mouth, Snape had come back down the hallway, thrust open the door and sneered, “Weasleys, I presume that you two are responsible for this.” He lifted up the sleeve of his robe and allowed the slime to plop down into a messy, disgusting pile of muck. Then he noticed Adele and said, “Ah, and with an accomplice this time. Lovely. Detention, all of you.”

“What?” exclaimed Adele. “I didn’t do anything! I was not involved in the least!”

“Ten points from Gryffindor for talking back,” he growled, and as she opened her mouth to protest, he smugly added, “Would you like to make it twenty?”

He skulked away with a wicked grin on his face, leaving the twins completely defenseless against a very angry Adele.

“’ow could you?” she growled, her French accent thickening as her anger increased. “I did nothing, and you knew! Why, then, did you not say anything?”

Fred replied, “Well, you eventually learn that it works better to just keep quiet.”

George turned to her shyly. “Sorry, Adele.”

She rolled her eyes and headed back to the common room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I kind of feel awesome. haha I am in fact at my co-writer's house and she gave me the honor of writing the first ever author's note of this new and epicly cute story! <3 We decided George needed some love. :)

But anyway, how is it going for you guys? Liking ittttt? :D Time for the question of the chapter: What do you think will happen? Or or, maybe, how should she go "wild"?

Comments and subscribers are always welcome. <3 So, please entertain us? :)

xoxo,
Kristyn