Prank Wars & Candy Stores

"Take me away tonight."

Adele kept staring at her pictures that she had in her room. It seemed odd not being near home. She was countries away from her mother. She wondered what the other girls from Beauxbatons were doing now that they couldn’t go back. It made her think about whether or not any of them came here, like her.

She’d have to look in on that.

She felt a jump on her bed. It was a small jump, but a jump nonetheless. It shook her out of her reverie, and she rolled over onto her other side, staring one twin directly in the eyes. His face was mere inches from hers. “Yes?” she asked.

“It’s time,” he said, with a smirk.

“Time for...?” she asked.

“For you to not be such a killjoy, let’s go,” he said, grabbing her off her bed. As he pulled, she fell off her bed. Well, more like rolled off her bed, but still.

“First you get me detention, then you pull me off my bed!” she exclaimed.

“Yep, that’s the plan, now let’s go,” he said, with a small laugh.

“Will you let go of my hand?”

“How do I know you’re not just gonna run off in the opposite direction?”

Adele sighed then and stopped dead in her tracks. “Because I already said I would go.” He smiled, and kept her hand in his. “So, what is it we’re pranking anyway?” she asked, rolling her eyes. She was not excited about this in the least. It seemed stupid.

The twins, now that George and Adele had met up with Fred, just laughed. “You’ll find out.”

“So, why was it the other one didn’t come and pull me off my bed with you?” she asked.

“You pulled her off her bed?!” Fred asked.

“I had to, she wasn’t coming.”

“If you just told me where we were going, I would’ve gotten up,” she said.

“Well, anyway. He didn’t want to go into a pretty girl’s room with me. He thought I might “try something,”” George said, using air quotes for emphasis. Fred just snickered.

“I know my brother. He’ll try at some point, watch your back,” he said.

Adele looked at the other twin, sighing. And here she thought something might be different, and she wanted to play hard to get. Well, maybe it would work anyway. She wanted him to fall all over her.

“Oh really?” she questioned. “Like what?”

“Well, you’re just going to have to find that out on your own,” George interrupted with a smile.

“So, what is it we’re going to do tonight anyway?” she asked again, hoping this time to get an answer.

"You'll see," George insisted. "Just close your eyes and take my hand."

Adele was quite suspicious, and Fred's words were resounding in her mind, 'He'll try at some point, watch your back.'

"I don't like surprises," she told him.

"Just close your eyes," he insisted. "It's not so much a surprise as... well, you'll see."

He gently grabbed her hand and led her down a dimly lighted passageway, occasionally giving her direction to duck or to watch her step.

"Where are we?" she demanded, and when he told her to open her eyes, she saw piles and piles of items that the twins used to pull their pranks.

George smiled and said, "Welcome, my dear, to our humble abode."

"This room holds all of our wares," Fred continued.

"And remnants of pranks past."

"This, for example," Fred said, picking up an empty firecracker, "is from our third year."

"Gave Quirrell quite a scare, eh?"

"Poor bloke nearly wet himself."

Adele cleared her throat. "And what exactly is the point of bringing me here?"

"Well, what better way to begin your prankster training than by introducing you to the tools of the trade?" George said with a smirk.

Adele took a deep breath. Her Veela charm should have started working by now. She had never had problems like this with the boys back home. He should've already fallen head-over-heels for her. This was a special case, she decided, which meant she would have to work twice as hard.

So be it...
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I meant to upload this over the weekend, but alas. I was at the beach with my mom and sister to visit old relatives and relatives from Germany. But, I'm here now, and this is another chapter that Chrissie and I have written together. :) We do have quite a lot written in just a big chunk, so be patient with us in trying to split it up. haha So, all your silent readers. I love you guys, but, speak up! :D

Well, on to my question of the chapter, even though Chrissie thinks it's ridiculous. :P Hm. What do you think of Fred's quote, "He'll try at some point, so watch your back?" And, I suppose, what do you think the prank will be?

I would also like to know if you know Mayday Parade, because that's the band we're taking all the lyrics from for the titles. If you do, care to share some of your favorite lyrics from songs? :)

xoxo,
Kristyn